• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
So Beta 3 my device had the Aug Google Play system update. After taking the OTA for Beta 4 and now it's back on the May patch and won't update. Anyone else having this annoyance?
Yeah, that happened to me and several others as well. Probably just have to wait until the next release to get it updated again. That's life in the beta world, lol.

Reactions: zetsumeikuro

[email protected]

Jan 27, 2014
Hualien
I feel that the video quality in ultrawide camera has drastically taken a hit. Earlier until android 11 my footage dint look so bad in ultrawide 1080p60fps. Now it looks unusable. Im using a Pixel 4a (5G).

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-02-04.02.25.jpg
    PicsArt_09-02-04.02.25.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 82

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
New to this beta. Installed (fastboot flash method) 4.2 last night and 5 this morning. Rooted last night but only after running a fastboot command to disable AVB and Verity. Had to do this again after installing 5. Question is if this is the new "normal" that adds an extra step to rooting monthly updates. That is flashing the new image, disabling AVB/Verity, then flashing the patched boot.img. This certainly is a new step for me and I had to do it both times. Might this go away after the final code is out -or- possibly a Magisk update in the future?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
New to this beta. Installed (fastboot flash method) 4.2 last night and 5 this morning. Rooted last night but only after running a fastboot command to disable AVB and Verity. Had to do this again after installing 5. Question is if this is the new "normal" that adds an extra step to rooting monthly updates. That is flashing the new image, disabling AVB/Verity, then flashing the patched boot.img. This certainly is a new step for me and I had to do it both times. Might this go away after the final code is out -or- possibly a Magisk update in the future?
I cleaned installed the first beta factory image via flash-all command. Subsequently updated each beta via flash-all with the -w removed from the flash-all.bat file to keep data. Have had no problems patching the boot image of each beta with Magisk and flashing the patched boot image via fastboot flash boot xxxx.img command. Never had to run a command to disable AVB and Verity.

So no, there isn't a new step, at least with the method I've been using.

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I cleaned installed the first beta factory image via flash-all command. Subsequently updated each beta via flash-all with the -w removed from the flash-all.bat file to keep data. Have had no problems patching the boot image of each beta with Magisk and flashing the patched boot image via fastboot flash boot xxxx.img command. Never had to run a command to disable AVB and Verity.

So no, there isn't a new step, at least with the method I've been using.
Great, and thanks for your reply. Maybe it was because I first tried a dirty flash 11-12. Then fully wiped. I'm having issues with Fidelity app not installing and pretty sure it is due to the security. I've read every new image flash restores the AVB/Verity, so next time I will revert to what I've been doing for years. Cheers.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Great, and thanks for your reply. Maybe it was because I first tried a dirty flash 11-12. Then fully wiped. I'm having issues with Fidelity app not installing and pretty sure it is due to the security. I've read every new image flash restores the AVB/Verity, so next time I will revert to what I've been doing for years. Cheers.
Turns out is it the Fidelity app causing the issue . The Fidelity SR is full of complaints. Work around is to install an earlier version (v3.63) via apmonk

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
Has anyone been able to install viper? I'm not sure if it's just me but I keep getting and install failed.
I haven't used viper in a while but i would definitely go to viper thread and see if anyone has had any luck installing it on A12 if I were you or maybe viper telegram group... I'm sure if it doesn't work now someone will get it going soon.

I've tried Android 12 a few times on my coral. It was alright. I'm not one to get all hyped up over Android version update. I tend to usually linger around on previous version a while and on a rom that's pretty mature before I make the switch.

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Google Pixel 4 XL
Has anyone been able to install viper? I'm not sure if it's just me but I keep getting and install failed.
Yep, installed and working. As another mentioned, check the viper thread. There are a few walkthroughs that work.

Here's what worked for me:
I installed viper version 2.7.2.1. Get the apk from apk mirror. Open, don't install the driver.
Go into magisk modules and find audio modification library and flash it. Reboot.
Go into viper, install the driver (may take more than once), reboot.
Uncheck the AML in magisk, reboot.
You might have to check legacy mode in viper at first to make it work. Mine seems to need it at first, then it stopped working with it until I uncheck it 🤷‍♂️.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hey everyone! I'm currently on Beta5, could I flash the full stable factory image with "-w" removed, so it won't wipe my phone? Or I need the full wipe to unroll from the beta channel?
Yes you can do that without wiping phone. I just did it that way.

Afterwards you can just unenroll in the beta program. I was just flashing the betas instead of enrolling so I didn't need to unenroll as I wasn't actually enrolled b/c I was flashing it that way.

EDIT: Just read that they will be doing betas for 12.1 sometime.

Last edited:
Reactions: matekaneve

Top Liked Posts