Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

bimmelmurks

May 19, 2021
better wait , my phone is stuck in setup process "keep date from old phone" > "enter pin" > keep data from..." blabla

I cleaned flashed to it from DP3 yesterday. Loving it so far! And I wasn't sure about some of the UI changes from the leaked photos.

The bugs I'm getting are:
Bubbles work, but there's a messages 'screen' that opens for each one that you see in recents.

The new conversation widgets still only shows the person. No message or anything. It does launch either messages or whatever bubble.

There's still a pill on the top of the screen when it's locked. Looks like the navigation pill. It started for me on DP3.

That's all I've seen so far. No crashes. Root works but safety net fails, Viper4Android works, GPay works.

Go get it!

neo_lithic3K

May 12, 2013
San Francisco
Google Pixel 8
Beta 1 works well so far. There were some minor issues that disappeared, so not even sure if it was the Beta causing it.

Magisk/root works
EdExposed doesn't work yet -- or at least, I couldn't get it to work

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
So far it's been perfect. No issues whatsoever. Been using it since yesterday when it released. I did perform a factory reset as always. It's really nice I think.

emkay5775

I cleaned flashed to it from DP3 yesterday. Loving it so far! And I wasn't sure about some of the UI changes from the leaked photos.

The bugs I'm getting are:
Bubbles work, but there's a messages 'screen' that opens for each one that you see in recents.

The new conversation widgets still only shows the person. No message or anything. It does launch either messages or whatever bubble.

There's still a pill on the top of the screen when it's locked. Looks like the navigation pill. It started for me on DP3.

That's all I've seen so far. No crashes. Root works but safety net fails, Viper4Android works, GPay works.

Go get it!
I've had the same issue (having the pill on the lock screen) since android 11... Otherwise, seems to be relatively usable

Girish Ahuja

May 20, 2021
Go for it. But be sure about how you follow the installation instructions. Don't forget, the Android 12 beta is still a beta release with some known issues and can brick your device. Be cautious.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Well, just flashed Android 12 beta today and I'm love it so far. I'm really like the Samsung style AOD clock.

Attachments

• IMG_1931~2.jpg
    IMG_1931~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202

Chris PL

May 21, 2021
I have installed Android 12 beta. After booting into Recovery mode and performing Hard Reset after rebooting, the system hangs at verify pattern. I mark the correct pattern I have used previously, the system accepts it and then comes back a step back. I cannot enter the system, I cannot upload an older version of the system. Phone locked, bootloader locked, I can't start debugging mode because the system won't let me go any further after verifying the correct pattern or PIN.
Someone help?

Chris PL

May 21, 2021
I have installed Android 12 beta. After booting into Recovery mode and performing Hard Reset after rebooting, the system hangs at verify pattern. I mark the correct pattern I have used previously, the system accepts it and then comes back a step back. I cannot enter the system, I cannot upload an older version of the system. Phone locked, bootloader locked, I can't start debugging mode because the system won't let me go any further after verifying the correct pattern or PIN.
Someone help?

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Someone help?
You need to unlock it and flash again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far it seems like the biggest issues I've been having are fixed. Now I see notification icons on the AOD, no more UI crashes or lockups. However, the notification popups on the AOD are still hit or miss. Overall, much better. Still room to improve though.
    Did you guys clean flash the beta or did you install the OTA from the dev page?
    I have tons of bugs on mine, having downloaded the OTA from the dev channel.
    3.1 has not resolved any of them. I am wondering whether to wipe and do a clean install. The strange thing is that Beta 1&2 worked great for me...
    I clean flashed beta 3 twice, still having some issues... 3.1 *mostly* fixed the UI crashes. I still don't get notification popups, nor notification icons on the AOD. It still gets stuck in recents sometimes. Just this morning it did that then locked up the UI for a bit. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues! Google really needs to fix this stuff.
    FYI, to anyone having the Android auto issue where it turns off the AOD and acts like the app is open (shows it is in the notification panel), I got on the AA beta, and the beta install fixed this.

After the second wipe, my battery life is all over the place. Some days it's really good, back to normal, others its just bad. I really hope they push 3.1 this week, and that it has a ton of fixes.
    They pushed 3.1 today.
    I'm keen to install but does anybody know if Barclays and Natwest apps work with 12 Beta?
    Replying to my own question: yes, they work.
    I'm using this Magisk module. It passes safety net and Google pay works.
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix