Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

kidhudi

Feb 1, 2011
Jackson
just updated. got a nag "usb device is not recognized" when the usb is connected to the computer.
also noticed the computer wont see it in recovery or fastboot mode. i updated to the latest platform tools and updated the usb drivers through android_sdk. also is invisable in my linux partition.

i will check youtube to see if i can fix this.

just started working again. still a little sketchy though. i have to keep on unpluging and reinserting the usb for the phone to let me change from charging mode to file transfer mode.

Last edited:

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Anyone got the safety net passed by Magisk on Beta 2.1? Using the latest Magisk canary (and stable) with Universal Safetynet fix I get a BASIC pass on basicIntegrety but not ctsProfile. Google Pay seems to work, but Netflix only displays SD quality. I tried some options in Magisk props hide but I haven't been able to get a full pass. Anyone had more luck?
Edit: Pay worked in Beta 2 but not Beta 2.1

Last edited:

haoyangw

Don't mind me asking, is memory management better on Android 12? Currently on Android 11(sorry for hijacking this thread) but my recent apps constantly getting killed is really annoying me yet there has been no fix. Bummer as Google made nice memory management improvements for the Pixel 4 in Android 10 then proceeded to utterly destroy the good works on 11. Really wanna know what multitasking is like on 12 so I have some mental preparation if it's just as bad :( Hope it finally gets back to normal on 12 otherwise Imma really cry lol 😭

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Don't mind me asking, is memory management better on Android 12? Currently on Android 11(sorry for hijacking this thread) but my recent apps constantly getting killed is really annoying me yet there has been no fix. Bummer as Google made nice memory management improvements for the Pixel 4 in Android 10 then proceeded to utterly destroy the good works on 11. Really wanna know what multitasking is like on 12 so I have some mental preparation if it's just as bad :( Hope it finally gets back to normal on 12 otherwise Imma really cry lol 😭
Not very amazing, but it's still a beta right? After a reboot it's better but it gets worse over time for me.

Reactions: haoyangw
Lol maybe you shouldn't be taking betas. It's all part of the fun
Don't get me wrong, I really like A12, it's just a lot buggier than most betas I've done. I've been doing DPs and betas since I had my Pixel 2xl. Beta 1 was great, no real issues. 2 is pretty bad. And my battery life is terrible. I'm just ancy to get those fixed so I can enjoy the new OS even more, ya know?

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Don't get me wrong, I really like A12, it's just a lot buggier than most betas I've done. I've been doing DPs and betas since I had my Pixel 2xl. Beta 1 was great, no real issues. 2 is pretty bad. And my battery life is terrible. I'm just ancy to get those fixed so I can enjoy the new OS even more, ya know?
I know. Last year, I remember the 2nd beta was worse than the first for me to. Seems to be a thing. First A12 beta was good, the 2nd is a little worse for me, but much better since the 2.1 update.

biggiestuff01

May 9, 2015
This is probably the first Android beta I've had to jump off of Nova launcher. It was so laggy and crashed a lot. Plus I noticed memory is majorly hit. I'm barely getting 500mb free.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
I have a 4a as a backup I loaded 2.1 on yesterday and so far it's been rock solid. That said being a backup I do not have a lot of apps loaded nor am I on it like I would be if it were my DD. The biggest problem I've found is that my banking app won't let me log in. It will on my tablet but not my rooted OP8 or the 4a.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
I don't have the 4a with 12 on it rooted. That's what's so odd about it. And on the OP8 with the rooted rom, yes I have magisk hide enabled and it still won't allow me log in.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
I flashed it, still terrible battery life... I really hope beta 3 fixes the battery life problem.
Don't understand that also. As I've said, being a backup I don't use this phone often, but I do play on it. Charged it yesterday morning. Still have 76% battery. At the very least I'm losing nothing to idle drain.

I'm sorry to hear that, however, it's been good for me. I got an extra hour of SOT.
It's pretty bad. It used to last ~20-24 hours. Now, I take if off the charger around 6-6:30, and it has maybe 30% left by the time I leave work at 5.. The only use is YouTube music in the car and at the gym, wireless android auto in the car, some texting, and maybe 10 minutes on FB per day. Pretty light use compared to what I used to use. It was great on beta 1, I think it was 2.1 that did it. Anyway, beta 3 should be released today, crossing my fingers it solves the issue. Otherwise I guess I have to factory reset..

Note, I got a replacement phone in January. They sent me a brand new one, not a refurb. So, no way the battery could have worn out this much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far it seems like the biggest issues I've been having are fixed. Now I see notification icons on the AOD, no more UI crashes or lockups. However, the notification popups on the AOD are still hit or miss. Overall, much better. Still room to improve though.
    Did you guys clean flash the beta or did you install the OTA from the dev page?
    I have tons of bugs on mine, having downloaded the OTA from the dev channel.
    3.1 has not resolved any of them. I am wondering whether to wipe and do a clean install. The strange thing is that Beta 1&2 worked great for me...
    I clean flashed beta 3 twice, still having some issues... 3.1 *mostly* fixed the UI crashes. I still don't get notification popups, nor notification icons on the AOD. It still gets stuck in recents sometimes. Just this morning it did that then locked up the UI for a bit. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues! Google really needs to fix this stuff.
    FYI, to anyone having the Android auto issue where it turns off the AOD and acts like the app is open (shows it is in the notification panel), I got on the AA beta, and the beta install fixed this.

After the second wipe, my battery life is all over the place. Some days it's really good, back to normal, others its just bad. I really hope they push 3.1 this week, and that it has a ton of fixes.
    They pushed 3.1 today.
    I'm keen to install but does anybody know if Barclays and Natwest apps work with 12 Beta?
    Replying to my own question: yes, they work.
    I'm using this Magisk module. It passes safety net and Google pay works.
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix