Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

murphyjasonc

Oct 19, 2014
Raleigh
Amazon Kindle Fire
Smart Watches
I'm itching to try Android 12. I've always jumped on board as soon as beta 3 dropped ever since my Nexus days. I don't recall experiencing any major issues that made the OS unusable or unbearable for me day to day. I guess I'm asking is if the bugs I've been reading about here are minor annoyances that most can live with or if beta 3 is just not ready for my daily driver? I normally jump right in with both feet but I don't recall seeing so many people reporting bugs and nearly as many saying its running fine.

MArtyChubbs

I'm itching to try Android 12. I've always jumped on board as soon as beta 3 dropped ever since my Nexus days. I don't recall experiencing any major issues that made the OS unusable or unbearable for me day to day. I guess I'm asking is if the bugs I've been reading about here are minor annoyances that most can live with or if beta 3 is just not ready for my daily driver? I normally jump right in with both feet but I don't recall seeing so many people reporting bugs and nearly as many saying its running fine.
It's probably based off of use case. Give it a shot and let us know your experience compared to previous phones?

MArtyChubbs

Yeah if you're on a custom kernel you'll have to flash the factory images for beta 3 which will overwrite the custom kernel otherwise I don't think you can take OTAs. I don't think you'll have to do another factory reset just remove the minus w from The flash script and it won't erase your data.

Yeah if you're on a custom kernel you'll have to flash the factory images for beta 3 which will overwrite the custom kernel otherwise I don't think you can take OTAs. I don't think you'll have to do another factory reset just remove the minus w from The flash script and it won't erase your data.
Well, before I realized I hadn't at least flashed the boot image before resetting, I flashed the custom kernel.

FYI, to anyone having the Android auto issue where it turns off the AOD and acts like the app is open (shows it is in the notification panel), I got on the AA beta, and the beta install fixed this.

After the second wipe, my battery life is all over the place. Some days it's really good, back to normal, others its just bad. I really hope they push 3.1 this week, and that it has a ton of fixes.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
FYI, to anyone having the Android auto issue where it turns off the AOD and acts like the app is open (shows it is in the notification panel), I got on the AA beta, and the beta install fixed this.

After the second wipe, my battery life is all over the place. Some days it's really good, back to normal, others its just bad. I really hope they push 3.1 this week, and that it has a ton of fixes.
They pushed 3.1 today.

Not that buggy for me at all
The main one for me is that I typically do not get notification popups on the AOD for anything. And no notification icons either. If I tap the screen to wake, it resolves those for a short bit. The others I can live with for the most part. I would have thought they'd push out a bunch of fixes though... At least the UI crashes are (hopefully) fixed.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
The main one for me is that I typically do not get notification popups on the AOD for anything. And no notification icons either. If I tap the screen to wake, it resolves those for a short bit. The others I can live with for the most part. I would have thought they'd push out a bunch of fixes though... At least the UI crashes are (hopefully) fixed.
Well they said they're pushing out more updates via playstore updates, so there's probably a bunch coming there too.

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Did you guys clean flash the beta or did you install the OTA from the dev page?
I have tons of bugs on mine, having downloaded the OTA from the dev channel.
3.1 has not resolved any of them. I am wondering whether to wipe and do a clean install. The strange thing is that Beta 1&2 worked great for me...

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Flashed b3.1. smooth so far...😬
Yeah, same with me. I really haven't had any problems at all.
Not that buggy for me at all
3.1 has not resolved any of them. I am wondering whether to wipe and do a clean install. The strange thing is that Beta 1&2 worked great for me...

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I cleaned flashed the 1st Beta via factory image and then dirty flashed (by removing the -w from the flash-all.bat file) the remaining factory images thereafter.

Reactions: StrangerWeather
I clean flashed beta 3 twice, still having some issues... 3.1 *mostly* fixed the UI crashes. I still don't get notification popups, nor notification icons on the AOD. It still gets stuck in recents sometimes. Just this morning it did that then locked up the UI for a bit. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues! Google really needs to fix this stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far it seems like the biggest issues I've been having are fixed. Now I see notification icons on the AOD, no more UI crashes or lockups. However, the notification popups on the AOD are still hit or miss. Overall, much better. Still room to improve though.
    I clean flashed beta 3 twice, still having some issues... 3.1 *mostly* fixed the UI crashes. I still don't get notification popups, nor notification icons on the AOD. It still gets stuck in recents sometimes. Just this morning it did that then locked up the UI for a bit. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues! Google really needs to fix this stuff.

They pushed 3.1 today.
    I'm keen to install but does anybody know if Barclays and Natwest apps work with 12 Beta?
    Replying to my own question: yes, they work.
    I'm using this Magisk module. It passes safety net and Google pay works.
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix