• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 6
Did you read my mind I'm thinking of doing it?! Technically it is covered under warranty and they didn't tell us they didn't have a 5A build for us those of us who sold our 4A 5G on swappa?!
Didn't fly....system wouldn't let me pull the beta builds for the 4a(5G) at all! On the bright side, I don't have a bricked device, either?!😂

bobpiesz

Nov 24, 2012
Well my plans for tomorrow now include figuring out an easy way to patch w/ Magisk
Screenshot_20210908-194421.png

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Well my plans for tomorrow now include figuring out an easy way to patch w/ Magisk
View attachment 5405193
The easiest way to root doesn't even require patching with magisk. Take the magisk.apk file and change the extension to zip making it magisk.zip. Download the lineage-recovery from below and put in your adb tools folder. https://sourceforge.net/projects/aleasto-lineageos/files/LineageOS 18.1/barbet/
Reboot to bootloader and fastboot boot lineage-recovery.img Credits go to that developer for that recovery. When in recovery, select apply update then select adb sideload, then type the following command in cmd,. adb sideload magisk.zip Reboot phone and you will be rooted. This will work with every new update, avoiding to having to patch every new boot.img with magisk.

Reactions: Tulsadiver

Top Liked Posts