Question Android 12 Custom Rom

Search This thread

PratikOimbe

Dec 5, 2015
Why there is no android 12 custom rom for samsung galaxy A52 4G. It has been a year now still no development. Almost all other midrange smartphones of xiaomi with low hardware have custom roms. We desperately want to have it on our A52 please if someone from team can develop this would be highly appreciated. Thank you

It has been a year now still no development.

This is not true. Android 12 was officially released in October 2021, and thats about the time where I started to make LinageOS 18.1 for this phone. (look here)

And in my opinion it's smarter to wait until we have OneUI 4 and then make android 12 based custom ROMs, since this will make everything a thousand times easier.

PratikOimbe

Dec 5, 2015
Thank you for clearing my doubt. I really feel relieved as there is someone who is working hard for many of the fans like me. I highly appreciate your efforts and wating eagerly for your build. Thank you

Reactions: Simon1511
Xiaomi phones have a lot of custom rom support because MIUI is not loved by everyone and has bugs, which we don't have on the A52. This is why it is better to wait for an official release of Android 12 since the devs will have a good base to work off of and won't have to build everything from scratch.

I've seen the Exynos 7870 community fall to bits because people wanted more out of the devs, so let us not let that happen to the A52 community too!

Reactions: Simon1511

PratikOimbe

Dec 5, 2015
Xiaomi phones have a lot of custom rom support because MIUI is not loved by everyone and has bugs, which we don't have on the A52. This is why it is better to wait for an official release of Android 12 since the devs will have a good base to work off of and won't have to build everything from scratch.

I've seen the Exynos 7870 community fall to bits because people wanted more out of the devs, so let us not let that happen to the A52 community too!
Yes I agree but it has been a lot of time and I didn't see any single android 12 custom rom till date. Thus I asked my doubt regarding A52's future

Yes I agree but it has been a lot of time and I didn't see any single android 12 custom rom till date. Thus I asked my doubt regarding A52's future
Luckily you probably won't have to wait much longer sine official OneUI 4 was released yesterday in Russia for both A52 and A72. So it'll likely not take much time until it's available in all countries.

Reactions: PratikOimbe

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
Either you can contribute by developing or by donating to those who do.
But a community doesn't work well if there are just a handful dedicated ambitous developers working their ass off in their free time and on the other hand hundreds of people shouting **"I want ROM, why is it not here!?!"**.

But that's a common pattern on this site unfortunately

PratikOimbe

Dec 5, 2015
But a community doesn't work well if there are just a handful dedicated ambitous developers working their ass off in their free time and on the other hand hundreds of people shouting **"I want ROM, why is it not here!?!"**.

I am not compelling them or ordering them to do so.. I just asked my concern and I requested them. That's it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It has been a year now still no development.

This is not true. Android 12 was officially released in October 2021, and thats about the time where I started to make LinageOS 18.1 for this phone. (look here)

And in my opinion it's smarter to wait until we have OneUI 4 and then make android 12 based custom ROMs, since this will make everything a thousand times easier.

I get that, but unless one offers something in return, like "a few bucks, for those, who volunteer to maintain some custom ROM build" I don't think this kind of post does much. My wording was slightly unfriendly though, I apologize.

Thank you for clearing my doubt. I really feel relieved as there is someone who is working hard for many of the fans like me. I highly appreciate your efforts and wating eagerly for your build. Thank you