• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Android 12 Disable 5G

Search This thread

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Is it possible to disable 5G on the Galaxy S21+ on Android 12 & One UI 4.0? I've searched through the Android 11 method of Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks> Network Mode but apparently that has been removed all together. I couldn't find it in Dev Options either.

Could it be hidden somewhere else?

Does anyone know the ADB command?

1638134099002.png

Reactions: BagusPambudi

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
To anyone else wondering how to do this, I ended up using an app called Samsung Band Selection to remove the use of the 5G band.

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
@USAMac , I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G Band.

Would appreciate your time.
I wanted to share with you that I ended up switching my connection type to GSM/WCDMA/LTE because in my area, even LTE is not always present. I've personally found this to be a lot more flexible in service and took away the occasional G I would see next to my signal bars. Hope this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weird...my T-Mobile S21+ with Android 12 has this option. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> "LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)"

I have to use this a lot cause 5G around here isn't that great in some places.
    Is it possible to disable 5G on the Galaxy S21+ on Android 12 & One UI 4.0? I've searched through the Android 11 method of Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks> Network Mode but apparently that has been removed all together. I couldn't find it in Dev Options either.

Could it be hidden somewhere else?

Does anyone know the ADB command?

1638134099002.png
    @USAMac , I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G Band.

Would appreciate your time.
    I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G

Happy to help. I used Samsung Band Selection straight from the Play Store. Once opened, 'Launch Band Selection'

1638190652815.png
    Weird...my T-Mobile S21+ with Android 12 has this option. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> "LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)"

I have to use this a lot cause 5G around here isn't that great in some places.
    Maybe this was just a Verizon modification 🤷‍♂️