Question Android 12 Disable 5G

Search This thread

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Is it possible to disable 5G on the Galaxy S21+ on Android 12 & One UI 4.0? I've searched through the Android 11 method of Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks> Network Mode but apparently that has been removed all together. I couldn't find it in Dev Options either.

Could it be hidden somewhere else?

Does anyone know the ADB command?

1638134099002.png

Reactions: BagusPambudi

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
To anyone else wondering how to do this, I ended up using an app called Samsung Band Selection to remove the use of the 5G band.

Reactions: xbt-

USAMac

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
@USAMac , I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G Band.

Would appreciate your time.
I wanted to share with you that I ended up switching my connection type to GSM/WCDMA/LTE because in my area, even LTE is not always present. I've personally found this to be a lot more flexible in service and took away the occasional G I would see next to my signal bars. Hope this helps!

xbt-

Aug 8, 2013
Moscow
There's another app called Network Mode Samsung that gives greater details on what the bands mean:

GSM ALL -> 2G GSM only (GPRS/EDGE)
WCDMA ALL -> 3G WCDMA only (UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA/HSPA+)
LTE ALL -> 4G LTE only
GSM/WCDMA -> 2G / 3G only
WCDMA/LTE -> 3G / 4G LTE only
Band Selection Mode -> Manually choose 2G/3G/4G Bands

I intentionally ordered a 4G model, but they sent me a 5G model samsung flagship. It isn't what I ordered. However, what happened was I thought I was using a safe 4G phone but after holding it a minute or two I started getting this splitting headache, and I don't get headaches. Then I looked at the About phone section and discovered they sent me a 5G model! That's not a placebo effect folks. I didn't know I was using a 5G phone until AFTER I got the symptoms - headache, fatigue, foggy brain, head pressure. All symptoms of 5G radiation. I never had any of these symptoms before.

Well this phone is going back immediately. But I did take the opportunity to test the app listed.

I installed the Samsung Band Selector app and it does allow to switch the bands. However, I'm not sure if it actually does disable 5G, I was trying to figure out a way. I didn't add in a sim card, so Signal Spy didn't work. Maybe I'll add a sim card just to check it.

But anytime I took off airplane mode the headache gets worse, in fact I am keeping this phone away from me, I don't want the 5G phone anywhere near me, I'm waiting on a return label.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weird...my T-Mobile S21+ with Android 12 has this option. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> "LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)"

I have to use this a lot cause 5G around here isn't that great in some places.
    Is it possible to disable 5G on the Galaxy S21+ on Android 12 & One UI 4.0? I've searched through the Android 11 method of Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks> Network Mode but apparently that has been removed all together. I couldn't find it in Dev Options either.

Could it be hidden somewhere else?

Does anyone know the ADB command?

1638134099002.png
    To anyone else wondering how to do this, I ended up using an app called Samsung Band Selection to remove the use of the 5G band.
    @USAMac , I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G Band.

Would appreciate your time.
    I have used the Samsung Band selector for some other purpose, can you detail how to remove the use of the 5G

Happy to help. I used Samsung Band Selection straight from the Play Store. Once opened, 'Launch Band Selection'

1638190652815.png