I've got a nice long 3 day weekend, starting now. So I'm going to give this a go and run it through its paces to test 5G, Wifi speeds, Bluetooth connectivity with watch/headphones/car, smart home control, notifications, various apps I frequently use etc.
No issues discovered, yet.
- Wifi speeds are on par with the February Android 11 build (see screenshot)
- T-Mobile 5G speeds (Boulder, CO) are also on par with what I was previously seeing (see screenshot)
- No issues sending/receiving texts/phone calls/Emails/Slack messages
- Bluetooth connection and functionality with my Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch Active2 are solid
- Google Smart Home device controls are working (HUE lights, Nest cameras, Google Home Hubs, Nest thermostat etc.)
- Camera quality for photos & videos don't appear degraded
- No noticeable stuttering or hiccups (yet)
Still need to test:
- Android Auto
- Battery life
- Longer term snappiness/smoothness (this tends to degrade over 1-3 days on previous developer previews I've tested)
- I was able to enable the developer flag for the new One-Handed Settings UI but I'm still trying to track down the flag to enable the new larger brightness slider layout.
- Possibly a placebo but notifications tones are much louder/crisper than they were on Android 11 (even at the same volume slider setting). This was a persistent annoyance I had with Android 11 that I attributed to the new speaker setup of the Pixel 5 vs my previous Pixel 4.
I got root working on A12 dp1.1. (yay)
Userdata will be wiped so take a backup.
- Install dp1.1 using the Android Flash Tool (flash.android.com) and check "disable verity" and "disable verification" before confirming
- Patch the boot.img from the factory image using the latest magisk canary app.
- just flash the patched boot.img (fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_*****.img)
- reboot. If it fails to boot and asks you to format confirm.
Universal safetynet fix doesnt work unfortunately. To fix run