• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Android 12 GSI

Search This thread

cimbajunior

Jan 12, 2015
Zagreb
Xiaomi Mi A3
Redmi Note 10
Android 12 GSI up and running on mojito with a lot of bugs. (Dont try it)
Probably someone with more experience can make a ROM.
Screenshot_20210528-211640_Photos.png

yurihbatista

Jun 17, 2019
Moto G5S
Redmi Note 10
I just want to test, what is the installation procedure? Please!
I can boot it only over stock rom, so flash it before starting. You can find vbmeta and vbmeta_system images on the stock rom images folder. The entire procedure is over fastboot.

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot delete-logical-partition product
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Then, wipe data.
You're good to go now, but you can try a custom recovery and magisk. I fixed audio problems with a audio module inside magisk once, but I can't recall it's name now.
This also works on some Pixel ports and other GSIs, but I never got a working biometric sensor.

inn000

Jun 13, 2021
I can boot it only over stock rom, so flash it before starting. You can find vbmeta and vbmeta_system images on the stock rom images folder. The entire procedure is over fastboot.

fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot delete-logical-partition product
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot recovery

Then, wipe data.
You're good to go now, but you can try a custom recovery and magisk. I fixed audio problems with a audio module inside magisk once, but I can't recall it's name now.
This also works on some Pixel ports and other GSIs, but I never got a working biometric sensor.
if you remember the audio module please share. I can try and daily drive android 12 even with the fingerprint scanner issue but the audio issues makes it unusable for me