General Android 12 is Rolling Out for Xperia™ 1 III [61.1.A.1.149]

Search This thread

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
How can I find out what region my firmware is currently? I have a 512GB XQ-BC72. I am using this device in the UK and everything works fine. I would imagine it is HK firmware as it was shipped straight from China.

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
The update arrived this morning. UK ver. Installing

Attachments

• Screenshot (21 Jan 2022 9_03_13 am).png
    Screenshot (21 Jan 2022 9_03_13 am).png
    216.9 KB · Views: 67

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
First impressions:
- The battery drain in standby with the screen off has improved a lot.
- In Android 11 it drained: 1.7% per hour.
- On Android 12: 0.7% /h
I keep testing
ps: i dont find either how to customize the Assistant button.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Can you determine if this update/upgrade to Android 12 brought with it a change to the way 5G works? To check please go to settings > system > advanced > developer options (assuming you have it turned on) > scroll down to the networking section and tap "Prefer 5G NR Mode" > then tap on your provider (mine is T-Mobile) then select SA mode and see if you can connect to 5G. If yes then that's great. If you have to select NSA alone, or NSA + SA to get 5G to work then nothing has changed. Thanks for your help!

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Can you determine if this update/upgrade to Android 12 brought with it a change to the way 5G works? To check please go to settings > system > advanced > developer options (assuming you have it turned on) > scroll down to the networking section and tap "Prefer 5G NR Mode" > then tap on your provider (mine is T-Mobile) then select SA mode and see if you can connect to 5G. If yes then that's great. If you have to select NSA alone, or NSA + SA to get 5G to work then nothing has changed. Thanks for your help!
Sorry i can't help you with that. I removed 5G from my contract few days ago becouse here 5G coverage is a joke and then there is no use in paying extra 5
Eur /month to gain 5G accessibility with my provider

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
The Assistant Button is not customizable here either on my HK version. For those in the EU using EU region firmware, if you can't customize the button, you should write to the European Commission, telling them that Sony is enabling Google's monopoly. Hopefully it is enough for them to take some action and that action will trickle down to other region builds.

decomposed

Feb 21, 2011
Wrocław, Poland
Sony Xperia 1 III
The Assistant Button is not customizable here either on my HK version. For those in the EU using EU region firmware, if you can't customize the button, you should write to the European Commission, telling them that Sony is enabling Google's monopoly. Hopefully it is enough for them to take some action and that action will trickle down to other region builds.
I find it as a good idea. Also not giving us all stock features that Android 12 brings like Material U.

If sony don't want to listen to its european customers, maybe it will listen to EU Commission.

Top Liked Posts