General Android 12 is Rolling Out for Xperia™ 1 III [61.1.A.1.149]

Search This thread

UsernameNotRecognized

May 17, 2012
A "nicer" solution is this
+

This will prevent assistant from appearing at all and will cause it to ALWAYS work.

Xperi+ typically only really worked while the device was unlocked and always rapidly showed the assistant on the bottom.
To solve the latter you can just uninstall google (or disable...), but not being able to use it while locked was a deal breaker.

decomposed

Feb 21, 2011
Wrocław, Poland
Sony Xperia 1 III
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/sc3pgh
Does anyone else have this on their Android 12? Mine still shows the same combined Internet toggle instead of separate toggles. Its the same both before and after a factory reset, using software repair with Xperia Companion.
I have the same issue, combines Internet 4G and wifi... Now need to perform more clicks to toggle it on/off. And this huge font is ridiculous. What a shame this dramatic "update" is :/

Overall sony is late to the party with Android 12, coming without all new functionalities brought by Google for free and then adding few flops on top of it.

Yeah, horrible software treatment is back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yndi

HIXPERIA

Jun 23, 2017
Android 12 update for UK version seems to be pause, notification for update is gone. How about Asian version?

aaronbs

Aug 22, 2018
Hi,
I updated. I cannot change the side button. I dont like it too much Android 12 but is more visual however I have seen a couple of small errors. When you scrooll you can see that it has small stucks and when I received a call It´s not showing the name just the number.

Anyone more?

Reactions: decomposed

FerretallicA

Jul 15, 2005

It got picked up by XDA. But so far no one else has validated or replicated that persons claims. I really hope Sony brings it back if it is actually a bug on our end though.
No need to wait at the mercy of Sony to 'bring it back'.

Code:
adb shell
settings put global settings_provider_model false
settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
Has anyone checked to see if Sony has added a workaround for Google's attack on microSD cards? It sucks that this phone has a microSD slot but it's effectively disabled in Android 11.

OsmAnd+ 4.0.9 using /storage/XXXX-XXXX/OsmAnd with the legacy API launches in a few seconds and renders fluidly even with the entire Earth downloaded.

New OsmAnd+ 4.1.9 using the mandatory /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files locks up for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. If I scroll the map around quickly, the phone locks up and reboots. There's no privilege in ADB that can be granted to allow it to use a non-SAF directory. Believe me, I've tried.

Google has hundreds of tickets like this that were inappropriately closed:

hotcakes_shinku

Sep 27, 2016
Xperia XZ2
No need to wait at the mercy of Sony to 'bring it back'.

Code:
adb shell
settings put global settings_provider_model false
settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"

I've known about the adb workaround since xda posted last year.

And I prefer to be at the mercy of Sony, instead of the mercy of Google. If Sony brings back separate toggles officially, it should stay there forever. However using an adb workaround, which Google can remove at any time through security updates, is not reassuring. I trust Sony of keeping features there which they implement more than Google. Take note I'm only comparing Sony to Google, don't bring in other companies/manufacturers into your argument.

Top Liked Posts