Sony Xperia 1 III

Adsız.png

0rog5ugbp7a81.png

Last edited:
Reactions: akitomartin

wangkuan

Dec 6, 2010
good news!
the high-lighted features from sony website are really not the as BIG as the article says, becuase all these features have been implemented for a long time with Chinese mobile phone manufacturers since Android 10....
i'm wondering if my Xperia 1 III will get a better battery life by updating to Android 12...

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
I'm waiting for this update because the truth is that the Battery Life of the Xperia 1 Mark III is terrible. 2% battery drain in IDLE with the screen off. I Hope they improved this.

Reactions: sumitplall

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Well, your link is forbidden (at least for me) and I already remapped my button a long time ago. Here on XDA are the instructions. Pretty easy actually. What I want to see from this upgrade is 1st and foremost a true SA 5G implementation. 2nd...anything that needs improving let's get it done.

Reactions: wilmer2000

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
These two are a daily hassle that I'd love to see fixed:
  1. SA 5G fix for USA model
  2. Workaround for Google's broken microSd access

The LTE + NR71 combo it uses for NSA 5G drops a lot and can take minutes to recover.

I'm using old versions of apps to not hit Google's Nov 2021 mandatory migration to SAF for microSd. Google's SAF is so broken that apps only lock up or crash using it. Some phone makers are providing an SAF bypass setting that gets them Google certified without permanently losing microSd use.

ZayedCom

Mar 22, 2013
Mosul
In SONY website about the Android 12 update they never mentioned Material U in the feature section, can anyone who upgraded tell us about Material U and how many Sony apps that supports it

aoiharu

Jan 8, 2022
In SONY website about the Android 12 update they never mentioned Material U in the feature section, can anyone who upgraded tell us about Material U and how many Sony apps that supports it
System color palettes do not change based on your wallpaper, everything stays blue. Everything else is in Material U design as on any stock android 12

Reactions: ZayedCom

jeoleo7

May 19, 2013
Kathmandu
Can someone share a video or screenshots or recordings etc.
Actually I'm still on Xperia 1 but would like to see Sony's Android 12.

Reactions: ZayedCom

presets

Nov 8, 2014
Can someone comfirm any changes for camera app with A12? Or improvements in picture quality, especially in low light? There have been rumors that picture quality in basic mode (point and shoot) will be more similar to other flagships out there with A12, which sounds like a sort of nightmode.

Reactions: decomposed

Hudrator

@Mazellat
Well that would be a bit suprising with the sony-launcher in place - don't think they'll update him before 1 IV to support Material U. If they do concider to do it...
The improvement in battery life seems intresting. maybe we can get some more juice out of it.

Can you take a look if the camera apps are updated / have different versions then on the last Android 11 build.

Reactions: presets

Top Liked Posts