General ANDROID 12 / MIUI 13

Search This thread

vandal4e

Feb 28, 2008
Yes but if I go for a second-hand device either from Samsung or apple i am still receiving features 3-4 years after. Unlike Xiaomi giving 1-2 if we're lucky. Too bad. I'd rather pay more but use it more than pay less and needing to buy another in a year or two.
smart person would rather buy the latest from chinese company not use 3-4 generations older tech with up to date software

Kajman

Sep 4, 2006
Anyone used other launcher as Nova? I did, as stupid MIUI doesn't let change launcher and use gestures, i Installed third party gestures App, finally I could set homescreen as I wanted, with as many rows and apps size. But with new android those mother%$&3rs instead of repairing gestures to work with other launchers did something stupid as hell, now you can't set to gestures with other launcher, when you set other launcher those old stupid buttons appear automatically on lower end of screen. When you choose gestures from menu, you get automatically MIUI launcher and in bad resolution. I am slowly tired with it, after some time with Lenovo y700 I think tomorrow I buy Lenovo p12 pro and sell that pad 5.... Xiaomi makes same mistakes as with mi pad 4, only now we don't even have any third party Rom as for example pixel experience, which made mi pad 4 work as it should from factory.

Reactions: iberr

ljransom

Sep 17, 2022
Anyone used other launcher as Nova? I did, as stupid MIUI doesn't let change launcher and use gestures, i Installed third party gestures App, finally I could set homescreen as I wanted, with as many rows and apps size. But with new android those mother%$&3rs instead of repairing gestures to work with other launchers did something stupid as hell, now you can't set to gestures with other launcher, when you set other launcher those old stupid buttons appear automatically on lower end of screen. When you choose gestures from menu, you get automatically MIUI launcher and in bad resolution. I am slowly tired with it, after some time with Lenovo y700 I think tomorrow I buy Lenovo p12 pro and sell that pad 5.... Xiaomi makes same mistakes as with mi pad 4, only now we don't even have any third party Rom as for example pixel experience, which made mi pad 4 work as it should from factory.
Using a 3rd party launcher on this tablet has as many disadvantages as advantages unfortunately. Including what you have mentioned, on a 3rd party launcher you don't have that bottom dock to drag and drop apps into split screen mode. You also can't long press an app to open it in floating window mode. The miui launcher is much better equipped for use on a tablet. It's just a shame you can't change the grid size for icons.

Kajman

Sep 4, 2006
You can't do many things with it, it was shame, last update was that moment which made me order Lenovo P12 Pro. Now I can tell, that none of those devices is perfect, but lenovo has more options, possibilities and works faster. Somehow interface itself seems to be faster. It has some issues with text size (quite small default), original lenovo smart launcher is as capable same as miui about grid size ;) but works like a charm with nova launcher, gestures work as should. They are all quite stupid as tablets grow and they keep icons layout from 6" phones...

ljransom

Sep 17, 2022
You can't do many things with it, it was shame, last update was that moment which made me order Lenovo P12 Pro. Now I can tell, that none of those devices is perfect, but lenovo has more options, possibilities and works faster. Somehow interface itself seems to be faster. It has some issues with text size (quite small default), original lenovo smart launcher is as capable same as miui about grid size ;) but works like a charm with nova launcher, gestures work as should. They are all quite stupid as tablets grow and they keep icons layout from 6" phones...
The only real solution with this tablet is to root it. Since I done that it's transformed the tablet and made miui enjoyable.

asirodri

Oct 7, 2022
Yes I made a post about it on this page to warn people before updating. It's no longer supported and doesn't look like it will be again. Even the fold which it was designed for doesn't include it on Android 12.

:( What a shame... Does anyone know any similar app that works? Thanks

ljransom

Sep 17, 2022
Can I ask you how does rooting the tablet helps? Like what apps made it more enjoyable.
There's a few modules such as customiuizer and xposed edge pro. This has allowed me to change the behaviour of miui a lot, including unlimited apps in the dock, custom edge gestures, shortcut panels from gestures, opening apps in floating windows by default, etc etc. There are many tweaks. I've overcome the annoying small grid by not even requiring icons on my desktop due to all of these tweaks and shortcuts. Currently no one appears to have made a module to adjust the grid size for this tablet, but hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrgokogt

ChuCho64

Nov 27, 2018
Another anoyed user by the ridiculous small grid after the 13.1.3 update here..

Ive written a thread in miui community just to let them know that change is a whole nonsense, but they will probably wipe their asses with it.

Hopefully somebody can provide a solution or even a miui launcher clone with the home screen layout customization enabled to change it back to 8x4

Kajman

Sep 4, 2006
you can use Nova, but with FLuid NG gestures app. Only with new emui you will have buttons on screen too

Top Liked Posts