Question Android 12/ OneUI 4 Scrolling

Search This thread

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
has anyone noticed how the screen doesn't stay at 120hz long enough while scrolling? When your finger is on the screen, it stays at 120hz however, as soon as you lift your finger from the screen, it reverses back to 60hz and the scroll gets jittery. it's very annoying and am contemplating going back to android 11 just for this. 60hz on a 60hz panel isn't bad, but forcing 60hz on a 120hz native panel, the stutter is quite annoying. Does anyone know of a fix?

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
To force 120 Hz mode use this adb command
Code:
adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 2

Peter 22 November 2021
Samsung Android
The Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra units in the US received the stable version of One UI 4 last week, even the carrier phones. However, one bug managed to sneak through the beta tests and is currently affecting users.
The issue is with the 120 Hz mode, specifically that the screen drops down to 60 Hz as soon as the user lifts their finger rather than, say, when the scrolling animation is done.
Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. It seems that this issue was actually caught in the beta tests, but the fix that is present in the current version of the software (BUK7) only works on some units. A more complete fix should arrive with the next update.
Samsung is working on a fix for the 120Hz bug on Galaxy S21 units after the One UI 4 update

Initial reports indicated that this issue affected only US users, but Galaxy S21 owners from other regions have also complained of the same problem.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Use Galaxy Max HZ to temporary fix the issue. Set it to high 120 hz

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
Haven't checked my refresh rate but I can't click anything at the top quarter inch or so home screen. Can't hit any buttons or anything up there I have to rotate it sideways then I can hit those actions

Top Liked Posts