Question Android 12 problems

Search This thread

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
I use Galaxy Max HZ, download them from XDA and set enable motion smoothness to HIGH. You will need to grant the app by ADB.

View attachment 5471519
I did this as well but I still get a very slight frame drop or two when I pull the notification shade all the way down. It seems to happen once I receive a new notification or if I pull it all the way down when it's being displayed over an app like Chrome. Otherwise setting it to high to always use 120hz has gotten rid of the scroll lag everywhere else. I'm on Unlocked US S21 Ultra variant running BUK7.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
I did this as well but I still get a very slight frame drop or two when I pull the notification shade all the way down. It seems to happen once I receive a new notification or if I pull it all the way down when it's being displayed over an app like Chrome. Otherwise setting it to high to always use 120hz has gotten rid of the scroll lag everywhere else. I'm on Unlocked US S21 Ultra variant running BUK7.
I am on BUK8 and don't face any drop unless on split screen & PIP video call. I remember when I receive the pop up notification, it lagged for me as well on the previous beta build.

MrDusan

Jun 21, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello
After upgrading to android 12 when I press power button during the call it does not end. Also when they call me and I press the power button once the call does not enter silently. Does this cause you too? Thank you
There is an option in phone app settings to end the call with power button.

But i also have the bug where clicking the power button doesn't mute ringing. I don't understand why they changed this. You can still silent the ringing by clicking volume buttons.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Try to update it to BUKF. I don't need to force 120hz anymore. They fixed it finally!!

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Try to update it to BUKF. I do
Is there a link to BUKF? I'm having a hard time finding it.
Use Frija. I couldn't find any link for that build either

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
Try to update it to BUKF. I do

Use Frija. I couldn't find any link for that build either
I used Frija and model SM-G998U1 with CSC XAA and latest is BUK7 which I'm already on. I have US Unlocked version. You got me all excited but sadly no BUKF for my model yet. 😢

Last edited:

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
Belfast
Another annoying thing ive noticed about a12 is when you force stop an app it starts running again in the next hour, i have the weather channel app but it uses so much battery so i always force stopped it on android 11, but on a12 it always begins again within the hour, tik tok is another high drainage app that i always forced stopped on a11 to keep the drain low when not in use but on a12 it just starts running again and keeps the battery drain high

dezborders

Another annoying thing ive noticed about a12 is when you force stop an app it starts running again in the next hour, i have the weather channel app but it uses so much battery so i always force stopped it on android 11, but on a12 it always begins again within the hour, tik tok is another high drainage app that i always forced stopped on a11 to keep the drain low when not in use but on a12 it just starts running again and keeps the battery drain high
Did you Try Changing battery policy on high drain apps to "Restricted" ?

FYI... I have ZERO battery issues with my BTU S21 Ultra. Getting 9-10 hrs SOT from a ful change and everything is at default settings.

Did you Try Changing battery policy on high drain apps to "Restricted" ?

FYI... I have ZERO battery issues with my BTU S21 Ultra. Getting 9-10 hrs SOT from a ful change and everything is at default settings.
God, how I envy you! Was getting only 3-4 hours SOT on a 1 day standby with the BUKG firmware. Plus the performance left much to desire. Didn't feel like an upgrade at the cost of stutters plus poor battery. Had to revert back to A11. Everything is back to normal now. Feels like a flagship now, smooth as butter, and battery is back to normal. 😀

Will try A12 after a few more releases and feature updates.

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
What's the best way to rollback to 11? Can I backup my data with smart switch while I'm on 12 and restore it if I rollback? 12 really not suiting me as it stands

What's the best way to rollback to 11? Can I backup my data with smart switch while I'm on 12 and restore it if I rollback? 12 really not suiting me as it stands
Best way? Clean flash. No restores of old data. Smart Switch is widely regarded to cause issues post restoration. Use onlt if absolutely necessary to recover old data you can't get by other means.

Back up your media, cloud backup your sms/IM/contacts data and such, then flash A11 firmware via ODIN.

I went from BUKG to AUJ7 which is the last A11 firmware for the S21U.

Choose CSC (and not HOME_CSC) if you want a clean install with full factory reset.

You could of course try to retain/resotre your data, but I wanted to play absolutely safe with a clean install and this is what I did.

What a relief it is to be running A11 again!

Reactions: Bxperiaz3

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Not sure in my case BUKG is the best A12 so far (from the beta builds). No more battery drain, dropping refresh rate is fixed, and all the goodness of A12.

dezborders

God, how I envy you! Was getting only 3-4 hours SOT on a 1 day standby with the BUKG firmware. Plus the performance left much to desire. Didn't feel like an upgrade at the cost of stutters plus poor battery. Had to revert back to A11. Everything is back to normal now. Feels like a flagship now, smooth as butter, and battery is back to normal. 😀

Will try A12 after a few more releases and feature updates.
It is perhaps worth pointing out that Android 12 was already installed when i bought the S21 Ultra, so I did a "clean setup" followed by a google cloud restore of apps and settings. Perhaps not relevant but also not exactly the same as applying the A12 upgrade over the top of an existing data & system without wipe?

It is perhaps worth pointing out that Android 12 was already installed when i bought the S21 Ultra, so I did a "clean setup" followed by a google cloud restore of apps and settings. Perhaps not relevant but also not exactly the same as applying the A12 upgrade over the top of an existing data & system without wipe?
It is possible. Will have to check with a clean install of A12 later. But that's for one of those days when I'm feeling adventurous again 😂

For now, I'm blissfully content with the familiar A11

Reactions: dezborders

mihaimoga

Jan 27, 2011
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
After the last Android 12 Security update from December, my phone screen brightness is verry dimm around 10% from the maximum capacity, even with the brightness slider at max.....does anyone else encounter this problem? Even the recovery is dimmed, the samsung logo when i restart, everything.....it's like tha backlight of the LCD is broken.....S21 Ultra.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated s21 ultra to Android 12, wish I didn't but now many apps aren't working and wells fargo is one of them!!

Anyone else having these problems?

Perhaps this will be an unpopular reply... but here goes...

When a major OS upgrade is released it is up to the APP vedors to release upgraded apps that are compatible with new OS.
    (For once I dont think this is Samsung's "fault")
    I updated s21 ultra to Android 12, wish I didn't but now many apps aren't working and wells fargo is one of them!!

You are not alone. Apps are crashing quite often. Facebook, bank app cannot be used all. And samsung keeps quite.
    A factory reset seems to solve a lot of issue. I had a slew of crashing apps but after a factory reset things started to get smoother...

have you tried to uninstall wells fargo app and reinstall it?
    submit an error report if it continues to not work (Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report)
    also, i'd try to contact the app dev as well