ANDROID 12L ROM ❯ 02 May 2022 ❯ ProtonAOSP 12.3.1

Search This thread

sharanoth

Jul 23, 2021
1636412254974-png.5453077

Android 12 ROM for Pixel 2 - Maintained by @EnesSastim

@Lunarixus on XDA (using his device tree, mentorship, and fixes. Wonderful work)
@RealOkabe on XDA for his build process, we only reached bootable state thanks to his work.
@ReallySnow on XDA for his work on Android 12 vendor. I consider him my teacher, and most of the Android 12 heavy lifting was done by him.
None of this would've happened without them.

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.
Screenshots are attached.

What's not working:
Download
  • Download from here: Source Forge
  • This does not include OTAs, so you will have to visit regularly for security updates and the like.
Installation
  • This ROM is currently distributed as OTA zips. Flash it the same way you would, in a custom recovery. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" or using my tool before booting the ROM.
Sources

Last edited by a moderator:

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
recieve a bootloader error bootlinux failed:bad buffer size

Edit: and rebooting changes slot and gives slot unbootable error tried a
reflash aswell unsure
caught the first bit of the log before it scrolled but it seems to flash fine with no problems but gives bad buffer on first boot

Attachments

• post.PNG
    post.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

D1j1t

Nov 10, 2020
Google Pixel 2
recieve a bootloader error bootlinux failed:bad buffer size

Edit: and rebooting changes slot and gives slot unbootable error tried a
reflash aswell unsure
caught the first bit of the log before it scrolled but it seems to flash fine with no problems but gives bad buffer on first boot
i also got this issue
1636912165001.png

D

Deleted member 10696755

Any news about this rom on walleye?

Thank you!!

elggpxl

Nov 26, 2021
Hello, many thanks for this works, unfortunatly i missed the link.
2 questions, can you send me link to donate for the walleye developpement of this proton aosp unofficial rom ?
Also, is this would work with locked bootloader ? or does not making sens with the configuration of vendor from 11 etc...
Also if u have another test build could you provide it.
Thanks.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
2 questions, can you send me link to donate for the walleye developpement of this proton aosp unofficial rom ?
Also, is this would work with locked bootloader ? or does not making sens with the configuration of vendor from 11 etc...
Thanks.
Currently the ROM is in in unknown state @Dollscythe is trying their best to fix it so no links are currently available as the ROM wasn't currently usable and and no nothing is flashable if your bootloader is locked for anything to be flashable your bootloader must be able to be unlocked or set in unlocked mode otherwise the device is unflashable and to donate to them its PayPal and the link

elggpxl

Nov 26, 2021
Currently the ROM is in in unknown state @Dollscythe is trying their best to fix it so no links are currently available as the ROM wasn't currently usable and and no nothing is flashable if your bootloader is locked for anything to be flashable your bootloader must be able to be unlocked or set in unlocked mode otherwise the device is unflashable and to donate to them its PayPal and the link
Ok thanks, i was talking about re-locking feature, iam new as forum member but its years now that iam flashing on several devices.

XS37

Jan 26, 2015
Bell island nfld
Ok thanks, i was talking about re-locking feature, iam new as forum member but its years now that iam flashing on several devices.
I wouldn't recommend re-locking it but I know on the original you could but I would wait until @Dollscythe finishes up if they get the chance as things happen and they are supporting a phone they don't have so time is needed give them a few days hopefully they get a chance and they can answer better then I can as they are building it

Reactions: elggpxl

elggpxl

Nov 26, 2021
I wouldn't recommend re-locking it but I know on the original you could but I would wait until @Dollscythe finishes up if they get the chance as things happen and they are supporting a phone they don't have so time is needed give them a few days hopefully they get a chance and they can answer better then I can as they are building it
Ok many thanks, no rush at all really, this would be perfect to have at least one stable build with this feature and the classics proton aosp options (more option on the permission manager, the press squeeze, and other things). after all (to me) all will be good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1636412254974-png.5453077

Android 12 ROM for Pixel 2 - Maintained by @EnesSastim

@Lunarixus on XDA (using his device tree, mentorship, and fixes. Wonderful work)
    @RealOkabe on XDA for his build process, we only reached bootable state thanks to his work.
    @ReallySnow on XDA for his work on Android 12 vendor. I consider him my teacher, and most of the Android 12 heavy lifting was done by him.
    None of this would've happened without them.

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.
    Screenshots are attached.

What's not working:
    Download
    • Download from here: Source Forge
    • This does not include OTAs, so you will have to visit regularly for security updates and the like.
    Installation
    • This ROM is currently distributed as OTA zips. Flash it the same way you would, in a custom recovery. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" or using my tool before booting the ROM.
    Sources
    Thread updated. new links added!

Enjoy.
    Tried your rom. It boots and works, but fails to boot when the bootloader is locked. I could lock the bootloader in protonaosp 11.

I tried extracting your public key from the vbmeta and flashed it in avb_custom_key. The key I extracted is good and validates the vbmeta and the other images. However, the phone still fails to boot.

The SHA256 hash of the key is: 7728e30f50bfa5cea165f473175a08803f6a8346642b5aa10913e9d9e6defef6

This is the hash of the testkey_rsa4096_pub.bin key in the external/avb/test/data directory.

So, the rom image vbmeta (possible the rest) is signed with the test keys and not your private key. This prevents the bootloader from validating the images and booting from the rom when locked.

I hope you correct this problem so that the BL can be locked properly as is paramount for having any security.

Let me know if you need help. I can compile and test the rom myself, but I will need your manifest.

Thank you!
    well with donations and support we shall work on getting one for you hopefully both the xl and non for support
    How much is a used Pixel 2 in your area? Here in Australia they’re going for ~120 AUD & I’d definitely be willing to support you guys
    Thanks.