Android 12 up and running on Xperia 1!

Search This thread

Shiro39

Dec 27, 2018
Indonesia
Sir. Can SOV40 unlock the bootloader and follow your instructions?
I have SOV40 that I've already flashed with the J8110 UK firmware and I think the only way for our device to get the booloader unlocked is by paying someone to unlock it for us OR we can use the S1 tool and pay for the unlock credit to unlock it ourself.

I have no idea where to obtain this S1 software nor do I know who made the software

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
I have SOV40 that I've already flashed with the J8110 UK firmware and I think the only way for our device to get the booloader unlocked is by paying someone to unlock it for us OR we can use the S1 tool and pay for the unlock credit to unlock it ourself.

I have no idea where to obtain this S1 software nor do I know who made the software

There was once a thread about it but later the links got removed by mods here.
If you really want to know on where and how to get it, pm me.

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
Oh ok. Does it performs better than pixel experience on Xperia?

Also, is camera and all work on insta,skype etc?
If you like customization, I'd recommend dotOS over PE.
Performance wise, they're just the same.

The only downside with current state of GSI ROM for Xperia 1 is the cracking sound of video recording and sound distortion on VoIP & 3rd party video calling. Other than that, everything works perfectly.

Reactions: shahriyarali

shahriyarali

Jul 26, 2019

The only downside with current state of GSI ROM for Xperia 1 is the cracking sound of video recording and sound distortion on VoIP & 3rd party video calling. Other than that, everything works perfectly.
Thanks for your reply. Hhmm... I use video calls a lot. Hope the sound distortion is terrible. Will give it a try. Thanks again :)

shahriyarali

Jul 26, 2019

Hey! I've tried loading dotOS and was working great but unfortunately had to downgrade to the originals coz voip calls are very needy for me. Is there any fix for that? They can hear me properly but I hear them as chipmunks lol.

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
Hey! I've tried loading dotOS and was working great but unfortunately had to downgrade to the originals coz voip calls are very needy for me. Is there any fix for that? They can hear me properly but I hear them as chipmunks lol.
Haven't found fix for that. That was also my deal breaker.
It happens on all GSI ROM for now, no matter what ROM you install... dotoOS, PE, phh's AOSP, same chipmunk sound.

shahriyarali

Jul 26, 2019
Haven't found fix for that. That was also my deal breaker.
It happens on all GSI ROM for now, no matter what ROM you install... dotoOS, PE, phh's AOSP, same chipmunk sound.
That's sad. I tried tinkering xml files and kinda got it working by tweaking bitrates on voip input settings. It worked but for some reason, speakerphone got turned On and won't turn off. But voip calls got fixed.

pecola123

Dec 15, 2013
Sony Xperia 1
I tried tinkering xml files and kinda got it working by tweaking bitrates on voip input settings. It worked but for some reason, speakerphone got turned On and won't turn off. But voip calls got fixed.
That's a good start.. glad to hear that!
Which XML file exactly do you edited ?

Do you experience lags on video call too (beside the chipmunk sound) ?

shahriyarali

Jul 26, 2019
That's a good start.. glad to hear that!
Which XML file exactly do you edited ?

Do you experience lags on video call too (beside the chipmunk sound) ?
Didn't notice any lag in video though.

I went in root, system and searched for audio. There were this file 'audio_policy' which i got on this thread and tried changing the sampling rates for VoIP incoming and it fixed the audio but as i said, all calls and sounds were only using loudspeaker.

Thread - https://xdaforums.com/t/fix-whatsapp-calls-and-other-voip-services.3064132/post-62805732

However, later i found this thread's particular file in an another folder in Android 12 which i didnt try as i already screwed the whole OS. If my xperia wouldn't be my primary device, im sure i could spend more time and fix this as well. But you guys know better :)

Reactions: pecola123

xpt1

Feb 13, 2017
any idea how to fix the camera sound bug? if i try record a video the sound is very buggy

Bkeinn_ll

Jul 15, 2022
Vienna
Sony Xperia 1
Hi, I would really like to install a android 12 version on my Xperia 1. I just do not manage to do it.

My first two tries where Pixel Experience and LineageOS. I flashed them both with TWRP and booted. The problem was that both were stuck in the Rom’s boot animation.(Pixel = G with loading bar, LineageOS blue line with the bubble). I shut them down with Volume(+) and Power, after being stuck for ~20min.

Following your guide with Pixel Experience and Dot Os made my Device being stuck in a boot loop which stopped ~2sec after the Sony logo appeared.

After that I also tried flashing your Pixel Experience with TWRP but it didn’t change anything.

More detailed(https://xdaforums.com/t/gsi-and-xpe...com/t/gsi-and-xperia-1.4468987/#post-87161129)

I always flashed Firmware with Emma and updated to Android 11 via the Xperia Companion Fixer. I work on Linux.
I used the TWRP vbmeta.img.

Hopefully one of you can help me and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jakir Hossain0

Aug 16, 2022
My Sony Xperia 1 didn't update android version. Version is running 9 last updated 2019. Please help to me about this issue. How can I get updated version

now u can install pixel experience 12 , in GSI rom.. just flash in fastboot mode and easy way

everythings works camera, audio, signal, microphone, bluetooth audio, NFC..

links github : https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases

select lastest release now Pixel Experience 12.0 v400.d
and click Assets: select PixelExperience_arm64-ab-vndklite-12.0-20211217-UNOFFICIAL.img.xz for full gapps

flash instruction :

ectract your file .img.xz with winrar / etc.
rename file to system.img
enter your devices to fastboot mode
Does this method works with S0V40 version ?

Top Liked Posts