General Android 12 update: 61.1.A.2.211 [Information, bugs and Reports]

Search This thread

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Another to the list (reported in the Sony community too):
Google Photo APP won't play videos.
Trying to open any 4K or HDR video with Google Photos (the default app gallery) makes the app to freeze, and then you can not play any type of video. Solved only by restarting the phone.
Tried right now after reading this (i normally use the old album app from sony cause i don't like google photo app) and my google photo freeze only with 4K HDR video. with 4k only no HDR all work fine.

No problem with old album app

Sharro

Jan 15, 2011
After Bluetooth pairing with my 2 computers I can't add them to smartlock. Says to turn on bluetoot in the device or move the phone closer.

With car bluetooth adding worked but it doesn't seem to be respecting smart lock.

Can anybody else confirm this ?

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012
Tried right now after reading this (i normally use the old album app from sony cause i don't like google photo app) and my google photo freeze only with 4K HDR video. with 4k only no HDR all work fine.

Just updated to 61.1.A.2.211. XQ-BC72 HK. Google Photos version 5.79.0.430335708. Haven't restarted since the update.

Played the factory sample videos (Taste shot on Xperia & Jumanji, both are 3840x1644 HDR) without any issue. Not sure if this is a model thing or this is an issue with 4K as in 3840x2160 (I haven't tried 2160p)?

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Just updated to 61.1.A.2.211. XQ-BC72 HK. Google Photos version 5.79.0.430335708. Haven't restarted since the update.

Played the factory sample videos (Taste shot on Xperia & Jumanji, both are 3840x1644 HDR) without any issue. Not sure if this is a model thing or this is an issue with 4K as in 3840x2160 (I haven't tried 2160p)?
Try with 4K and HDR on and make a video yourself

Reactions: sokos1

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012
With Battery Care set to 80% always, if I start charging when battery level is exactly 80% atm, it still charges past 80% until it's full :(

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
With Battery Care set to 80% always, if I start charging when battery level is exactly 80% atm, it still charges past 80% until it's full :(
Seems like a minor bug at how the software reads battery capacity level. I never tried charging when the phone is at 80% (I too use battery care 80%) but why? If you only want to charge to 80%, and the battery % reads 80% then why try to charge it? Sometimes I think people look for bugs whether they exist or not. YMMV

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012
Seems like a minor bug at how the software reads battery capacity level. I never tried charging when the phone is at 80% (I too use battery care 80%) but why? If you only want to charge to 80%, and the battery % reads 80% then why try to charge it? Sometimes I think people look for bugs whether they exist or not. YMMV
Because how easy wireless charging is.

For example I'm watching TV and I just lifted my phone to check emails for like 10 seconds. Then without noticing it's already charged to 80% cos I wanna get back to what I was watching, I simply put it back onto the wireless charger. So obviously I'm not 'trying to charge it' (or 'looking for bugs'), but an hour later when I have a look at my phone again I'm like wth why the battery is full.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Because how easy wireless charging is.

For example I'm watching TV and I just lifted my phone to check emails for like 10 seconds. Then without noticing it's already charged to 80% cos I wanna get back to what I was watching, I simply put it back onto the wireless charger. So obviously I'm not 'trying to charge it' (or 'looking for bugs'), but an hour later when I have a look at my phone again I'm like wth why the battery is full.
I guess the real test would be to plug it in at 80% to see if it does the same thing as when placing it on a wireless charger. At least that will help narrow down whether it's a charging bug all around, or just something to do with the wireless feature (which I have never used on any phone)???

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012
I guess the real test would be to plug it in at 80% to see if it does the same thing as when placing it on a wireless charger. At least that will help narrow down whether it's a charging bug all around, or just something to do with the wireless feature (which I have never used on any phone)???
Yup it also happens with a cable. It however does not happen if Battery Care is set to 90% always, so perhaps they simply messed up a comparison operator somewhere. Guess I'll stick to 90% always now.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Yup it also happens with a cable. It however does not happen if Battery Care is set to 90% always, so perhaps they simply messed up a comparison operator somewhere. Guess I'll stick to 90% always now.
The thing I do not like most about 80% is that when it reaches 80% the LED doesn't change to green like it does for 90%. Seems like they missed something in the settings. Minor issue but it should work properly.

mrufka122

Oct 11, 2013
This update is just terrible. Paid a lot of money for my xperia 1 Iii and can't fully use it. The phone app crashes constantly but even if it happens that it doesn't, it won't save all the photos taken. It also happens that other apps freeze from time to time. When you restart or just turn off the phone it doesn't come on and you can't turn it on other way but by taking out and putting back in the sim card. Terrible. Besides when I called Sony Poland, they told me that they are not responsible for the update (wonder who is) and it's the phone that is broken and needs to be sent for repairing. Funny. Everything worked perfectly before the update. Big shame sony. I'm disappointed. I have a phone I bought mainly for its camera and can't use it. Hope you'll fix fairly quick

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
This update is just terrible. Paid a lot of money for my xperia 1 Iii and can't fully use it. The phone app crashes constantly but even if it happens that it doesn't, it won't save all the photos taken. It also happens that other apps freeze from time to time. When you restart or just turn off the phone it doesn't come on and you can't turn it on other way but by taking out and putting back in the sim card. Terrible. Besides when I called Sony Poland, they told me that they are not responsible for the update (wonder who is) and it's the phone that is broken and needs to be sent for repairing. Funny. Everything worked perfectly before the update. Big shame sony. I'm disappointed. I have a phone I bought mainly for its camera and can't use it. Hope you'll fix fairly quick
This seems more an issue of your terminal. Try redownloading the FW and make a fresh install.

Except the common issue of 4K HDR video i have nothing similar to you. It could easily be your xperia that is faulty or an issue with OTAS or other updates

Masterblop

Jan 19, 2015
I have very similar problems, but it is not necessary to remove the SIM card, just wait 5 seconds (after turning off the phone) and hold down the power key, until the phone vibrates and the display turns on.
That said, apps crashing and closing, you tube stopping video playing and freezing, camera crashing randomly, I think this update is the worst Sony has ever released

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have not heard of that issue from anyone else yet.
    There is a comment literally in this thread confirming this: https://xdaforums.com/t/android-12-...ation-bugs-and-reports.4407409/#post-86505295

roadrunner_muc's original comment, still in this thread other than any random place, had a thumbs-up from another user apart from the linked user above: https://xdaforums.com/t/android-12-...ation-bugs-and-reports.4407409/#post-86505091

Can people still read these days... sike

Btw I can also confirm this behaviour.
    I wish I could roll back to Android 11. I'm dealing with annoying bug when I can't access top menu and huge, infinite notification window comes up. It's especially piss me off when I watch Youtube and somehow autorotation button switches off itself. Never had a flagship phone in the past with such annoying and still unresolved bugs.
    Use a pc and download xperifirm ware. Exe and you would be able to downgrade. But you'll lose your internal storage files
    even after this update i still experience some bugs that came with android 12 - that drive me nuts. the worst has to do with the notification bar: sometimes the first swipe down after receiving a notification pulls the quick menu down all the way and not half way. that happens mostly after unlocking the device. another problem has to do with the youtube-app. when playing a video and scrolling through comments or other video suggestions at the same time, the scrollling begings to stutter. when no video is playing, scrolling is absolutely smooth. can anybody confirm - or even better, are there any solutions? thank you for your help
    Another to the list (reported in the Sony community too):
    Google Photo APP won't play videos.
    Trying to open any 4K or HDR video with Google Photos (the default app gallery) makes the app to freeze, and then you can not play any type of video. Solved only by restarting the phone.

Serious bug carried over - If you lock the screen while running an app that has permission to keep the screen on, the phone will randomly unlock without authentication. It may be triggered by motion, a screen tap, or by itself. The app doesn't even need to ask to keep the screen on. Bug seems to only happen when Ambient Display is completely off.