• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 12 (Viper4Android)

Search This thread
I'm looking for the same!
Hopefully we'll find a solution soon!
I bought Wavelet today (original dev of V4A), but it doesn't quite work or feel the same as Viper, there is honestly no replacing it, it's invaluable, at least for those of us who love good audio quality.

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
I bought Wavelet today (original dev of V4A), but it doesn't quite work or feel the same as Viper, there is honestly no replacing it, it's invaluable, at least for those of us who love good audio quality.
Hey man I got it working. Got an apk that works on android 12.. Just install, grand root permissions, install drivers n reboot! Do disable battery optimization! Hope it works. Tested on poco f1 android 12 beta 3.

Attachments

• viper 4 android.apk
    8.8 MB · Views: 1,912
Unfortunately for me that apk didn't work. Audio will not process no matter what I do.

There has always been something about V4A version 2.7.2.1 that has never worked, even on my old Pixel 2 XL, my Pixel 5 doesn't work with it either. Legacy mode, compatibility mode, etc etc never make it work, or process audio. Not sure why. This is after multiple factory image reflashes, including wipes or data formatting.

I'm not sure if anyone has been able to get the Ichigo Kyrwrosaki 2.7.1.6 working on their Pixel 5's with A12 yet. It works flawlessly on Android 10 and 11 for me. Was hoping it would've worked with A12.

Thanks for any info provided and all the help given so far! :)

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
Unfortunately for me that apk didn't work. Audio will not process no matter what I do.

There has always been something about V4A version 2.7.2.1 that has never worked, even on my old Pixel 2 XL, my Pixel 5 doesn't work with it either. Legacy mode, compatibility mode, etc etc never make it work, or process audio. Not sure why. This is after multiple factory image reflashes, including wipes or data formatting.

I'm not sure if anyone has been able to get the Ichigo Kyrwrosaki 2.7.1.6 working on their Pixel 5's with A12 yet. It works flawlessly on Android 10 and 11 for me. Was hoping it would've worked with A12.

Thanks for any info provided and all the help given so far! :)
Sometimes same issue happens with me. I follow these steps:
1. Play song.
2. V4a doesn't work.
3. I force close v4a.
4. I open v4a.
5. I pause and resume song from notification bar.

Try the above steps, may help..

To avoid this I disabled battery optimization and have enabled legacy mode.

Reactions: ProjectAlly
Not sure what happened but v2721 works well for me on Android 12 Beta 3 and Beta 3.1 update now. Occasionally I might have to toggle legacy mode on/off but it works.

Side note, to me v2716 of Viper sounds better audio quality wise. Almost like there's a lot of gain or distortion/clipping out peaking happening, regardless of output adjustments. Overall still sounds great, just something I noticed.

Hopefully all of the methods everyone has posted will work on the final version of Android 12! 😀

ZwoelVi

Jun 21, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 5
Not sure what happened but v2721 works well for me on Android 12 Beta 3 and Beta 3.1 update now. Occasionally I might have to toggle legacy mode on/off but it works.

Side note, to me v2716 of Viper sounds better audio quality wise. Almost like there's a lot of gain or distortion/clipping out peaking happening, regardless of output adjustments. Overall still sounds great, just something I noticed.

Hopefully all of the methods everyone has posted will work on the final version of Android 12! 😀
Since I started using viper4android, I can't do without it anymore😆

timba123

Feb 10, 2015
Maryland
LG V20
Hey man I got it working. Got an apk that works on android 12.. Just install, grand root permissions, install drivers n reboot! Do disable battery optimization! Hope it works. Tested on poco f1 android 12 beta 3.
Thanks. After trying many other versions this one was successfull 99%. Lol legacy mode only. But hell yes ill take it. Thanks

Reactions: Forever Alone

observingman

Mar 24, 2013
I really recommend to always refer to the source where you had obtained that. It could be a dangerous app, you know. Also, avoid permissive at all cost, it's VERY dangerous. Is it enforces or permissive thing ?!

clau_la2

Mar 27, 2011
salta
Has anyone managed to get Viper4Android working on the latest beta of Android 12?
The usual methods don't work (makes sense, since its a new OS).
Just curious. I like Android 12 so far, but might roll back to 11 if I can't get Viper going.
Default audio is terrible! :D
Yeah, I have it installed I will share but just as I share it with you, you must create a thread so that other people can also install it. If you agree I will upload the files

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-083832.png
    Screenshot_20210903-083832.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20210903-083826.png
    Screenshot_20210903-083826.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 153

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Only works in permissive with legacy off here on A12 on Pixel 4XL....

Tested by setenforce 0
Force closing the Viper app
Reopening app
Status ok, but not processing
Toggled Legacy Mode off
Status ok, and processing

Im used to my modded Ichigo Kyrwrosaki 2.7.1.6 on A11 just working

Its modded to start permissive, but switch to enforcing after 30 seconds, doesnt work on 12...status is normal but it wont process audio at all

As always it will take a little time to figure out the magical mix of things to get it working

mmarcz

Nov 22, 2006
Pixel 6, android 12 here. I downloaded the apk and selinux enabler and installed both. It works for like a minute, then viper stops processing, and doesnt work unless you reboot, and only works for about a minute again. Something is killing it.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Pixel 6, android 12 here. I downloaded the apk and selinux enabler and installed both. It works for like a minute, then viper stops processing, and doesnt work unless you reboot, and only works for about a minute again. Something is killing it.
I am NOT using A12, but one thing I have used in the past to stop Ansroid from killing apps in the background is by sett9ing the OOM to superman. And the Nice to high, just for good measure. It would be possibly telling to know exactly which process is dying.

Reactions: mmarcz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I got it working without using any unofficial apks. You have to edit the file /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh (can only be edited using a root explorer like Solid Explorer).
    You have to add the following lines to the bottom of the file
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

Reboot once after saving the file, then open V4A, go to settings and switch on legacy mode.

No idea why it only works using this way, but I don't want to install any unofficial apks so that was my way of choice. Let me know if it works for you too :)
    Just bumped into this thread today.

I've created a simple magisk module that all it does is to update the post-fs-data.sh script, included on official installer by @Team_DeWitt.

This "fix module" just replaces the official script, nothing else. It even deletes himself after replacing the script.

That is done after 20 seconds upon the reboot we have to do after installing the fix.

As soon as the script is changed and the fix gets deleted by itself, you may enable Legacy mode, on Viper4Android app, and reboot the device to get this working on Android 12.

Sometimes a second reboot is needed (faced that during my tests).

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
    I am NOT using A12, but one thing I have used in the past to stop Ansroid from killing apps in the background is by sett9ing the OOM to superman. And the Nice to high, just for good measure. It would be possibly telling to know exactly which process is dying.
    I'll post it later when I'm done with work but there's a fix for Android 12 and Viper! I found it by digging around in the official Telegram group last night. It seems to be working fine so far! I'm happy!

It's an updated version of the APK for v4a 2721.

I will say if anyone looks in the Telegram group, look for the "post-fs-data.sh" fix I believe. There's a user who posted a tutorial that's easy to follow on where to put this file.
    Hey guys,

I got it working without using any unofficial apks. You have to edit the file /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh (can only be edited using a root explorer like Solid Explorer).
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

Reboot once after saving the file, then open V4A, go to settings and switch on legacy mode.

No idea why it only works using this way, but I don't want to install any unofficial apks so that was my way of choice. Let me know if it works for you too :)

Works fine here on A12 OneUi4.0 Samsung S21 Ultra. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers
    Hey guys,

Just bumped into this thread today.

I've created a simple magisk module that all it does is to update the post-fs-data.sh script, included on official installer by @Team_DeWitt.

This "fix module" just replaces the official script, nothing else. It even deletes himself after replacing the script.

That is done after 20 seconds upon the reboot we have to do after installing the fix.

As soon as the script is changed and the fix gets deleted by itself, you may enable Legacy mode, on Viper4Android app, and reboot the device to get this working on Android 12.

Sometimes a second reboot is needed (faced that during my tests).

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
    I'm looking for the same!
    Working good for me i installed the driver let it reboot then i went into the settings in viper app and toggled the legacy mode i also have the kernel set to permissive