Android 12 (Viper4Android)

Search This thread

ali147

Oct 23, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
hey guys idk how active this thread is but i'm a big fan of V4a however idk if setting kernel to permissive is safe enough. can i set to permissive, start the app and switch to enforcing? would enforcing mode work properly in that situation?

i'm on poco x3 nfc derpfest 12L

thanks alot everyone

xxxl206

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thank you really much. But it didnt work for me. Dolby atmos app is crashing everytime and viper always prompting me to install the driver, on every reboot.. so weird

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
Earth
I tried everything I could find on XDA. Including: other modules (AML,James DSP, V4A Fix, etc.), replacing post-fs-data.sh and plenty of reboots and installation orders.
However, I always end up in driver installation loop. My phone is a S22 Ultra (rooted snapdragon) running Android 12. I had V4A working in my Android 12 S21+ (Exynos), idk why it doesn't run in my S22U...

Please, help me, I don't know what else to try and I rooted mainly for Viper4Android.
Didn't see it in your post, but did you try setting SELinux to permissive before the driver install and reboot?

I had the exact same issue until I started including the SELinux permissive step.

Ibuprofen has an APK on XDA somewhere that can do it for you easily.

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
Earth
hey guys idk how active this thread is but i'm a big fan of V4a however idk if setting kernel to permissive is safe enough. can i set to permissive, start the app and switch to enforcing? would enforcing mode work properly in that situation?

i'm on poco x3 nfc derpfest 12L

thanks alot everyone
Yes, you can install the SELinux app from ibuprofen here at xda, set to permissive, install driver and reboot, and SELinux will be already set back to enforcing. You can then uninstall the app if you wish.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Didn't see it in your post, but did you try setting SELinux to permissive before the driver install and reboot?

I had the exact same issue until I started including the SELinux permissive step.

Ibuprofen has an APK on XDA somewhere that can do it for you easily.
Well, going into termux and typing setenforce returns "Permissive", so SElinux doesn't seem to be the problem.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
i got it to work.. all through magsik
I am trying to make it work for a week now and have learned a bit about the files.
However, my phone isn't Pixel, but S22 Ultra.
I noticed that my V4A module folder doesn't have audio_effects.conf file. Does this means that my vendor/etc and vendor/etc/audio/sku_taro folders (the ones that has audio_effects.xml) shouldn't have too?

Reactions: one789

one789

Feb 20, 2018
Crawfordville
I am trying to make it work for a week now and have learned a bit about the files.
However, my phone isn't Pixel, but S22 Ultra.
I noticed that my V4A module folder doesn't have audio_effects.conf file. Does this means that my vendor/etc and vendor/etc/audio/sku_taro folders (the ones that has audio_effects.xml) shouldn't have too?

follow this.. I have the s22 ultra as well.. this is what works i have no problems at all

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011

follow this.. I have the s22 ultra as well.. this is what works i have no problems at all
Is your S22 Ultra Exynos or Snapdragon?
Does thia zip works for Snapdragons?

I tried
removing every audio modules including V4A
rebooting
intalling V4A
opening app (it asks for drivers and reboot phone again)
Installing your zip module
Reboot

It still asks for drivers. Should I do something different?

Here's how I got it worked for my Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana) running Evolution X (12.1) ~

Step 1: Install V4A normally using Magisk (I used v25.1) and then reboot from the V4A app (driver installation dialogue).

Step 2: Open V4A app, turn on Master Limiter and Legacy Mode from settings then flash the fix file from this reply with Magisk.

Step 3: V4A service should already be running at this point, force stop it and reopen the app, turn on Legacy Mode again if it's disabled, click on the driver details icon and if you see the status as in this screenshot then you're good to go ~

Screenshot_20220620-143356_ViPER4Android FX.png

Step 4: Play some music WITH A HEADPHONE to make sure V4A is working properly, if it's not then try the steps from this reply as they worked for me.

largeruk

Aug 4, 2011
In case it helps anyone else, this worked for me on a rooted stock Android 12 (Jun22) Pixel 4:-
  • Set SELinux to permissive
  • Follow the instructions posted by @elong7681 earlier in the thread
  • Set SELinux to enforced
  • Reboot
V4AFX works, albeit in Legacy Mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: elong7681

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case it helps anyone else, this worked for me on a rooted stock Android 12 (Jun22) Pixel 4:-
    • Set SELinux to permissive
    • Follow the instructions posted by @elong7681 earlier in the thread
    • Set SELinux to enforced
    • Reboot
    V4AFX works, albeit in Legacy Mode.
    Just bumped into this thread today.

I've created a simple magisk module that all it does is to update the post-fs-data.sh script, included on official installer by @Team_DeWitt.

This "fix module" just replaces the official script, nothing else. It even deletes himself after replacing the script.

That is done after 20 seconds upon the reboot we have to do after installing the fix.

As soon as the script is changed and the fix gets deleted by itself, you may enable Legacy mode, on Viper4Android app, and reboot the device to get this working on Android 12.

Sometimes a second reboot is needed (faced that during my tests).

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
    Hopefully we'll find a solution soon!
    I bought Wavelet today (original dev of V4A), but it doesn't quite work or feel the same as Viper, there is honestly no replacing it, it's invaluable, at least for those of us who love good audio quality.
    Hey man I got it working. Got an apk that works on android 12.. Just install, grand root permissions, install drivers n reboot! Do disable battery optimization! Hope it works. Tested on poco f1 android 12 beta 3.
    Hey guys,

I got it working without using any unofficial apks. You have to edit the file /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh (can only be edited using a root explorer like Solid Explorer).
    You have to add the following lines to the bottom of the file
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }' magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

Reboot once after saving the file, then open V4A, go to settings and switch on legacy mode.

No idea why it only works using this way, but I don't want to install any unofficial apks so that was my way of choice. Let me know if it works for you too :)
    Try this it works for me on P5 A12.1 flash V4A first don't reboot then flash the fix don't reboot open the V4A app install the driver and it will reboot automatically you have to use legacy mode but it works
    I'm looking for the same!
    Hopefully we'll find a solution soon!
    I bought Wavelet today (original dev of V4A), but it doesn't quite work or feel the same as Viper, there is honestly no replacing it, it's invaluable, at least for those of us who love good audio quality.