Question Android 12 & VPN Restrictions (L2TP/IPSec PSK)

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Work for a local insurance company and because of the COVID restrictions / work from home requirements in place in the UK...
    ...just noticed that Android 12 now blocks connections to VPN connections setup to use L2TP/IPSec PSK

Whilst its not a massive issue, as the majority of VPN connections are done from Windows and macOS devices, its still a pain in the ass!

A quick google reveals a lot of people are moaning about this, but no clear workarounds to speak of.

Obviously the fix would be to change the authentication requirements on the VPN server side of things, but with a couple of hundred employees working from home, that's a no go!

Anyone managed to find a workaround?

View attachment 5505041

While I usually don't use the company's VPN on my phone (there's no real reason for me to), I feel your pain.

Maybe a VPN application from PlayStore can fix this for you? While this config that you use is the native VPN from the device I believe a custom application can fix this for you.
    Work for a local insurance company and because of the COVID restrictions / work from home requirements in place in the UK...
    ...just noticed that Android 12 now blocks connections to VPN connections setup to use L2TP/IPSec PSK

Whilst its not a massive issue, as the majority of VPN connections are done from Windows and macOS devices, its still a pain in the ass!

A quick google reveals a lot of people are moaning about this, but no clear workarounds to speak of.

Obviously the fix would be to change the authentication requirements on the VPN server side of things, but with a couple of hundred employees working from home, that's a no go!

Anyone managed to find a workaround?

View attachment 5505041
    is there any solution?