• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 12

Search This thread

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Does anyone have any information on when we can upgrade to Android 12? I'm running AOSIP right now and would love to switch to a custom ROM based on Android 12! I expect it to be available later this year, but was wondering if anyone has any news about it? Thanks!!!!

starcms

I wouldn't hold my breath. The 6T still hasn't even got OOS11 yet. The 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro 5G McLaren from T-Mobile is supposed to be receiving an official update to OOS12/Android 12 -- but considering the beyond ridiculous delay for the 6T and OOS11, we'll be extremely lucky if we get OOS12 within the next 12 months. We will get it eventually, but that will be the final major version update. Phone released with OOS10, so that's 2 major releases it will be receiving, along with 12 more months of security updates.

Reactions: Dopewaffles

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I wouldn't hold my breath. The 6T still hasn't even got OOS11 yet. The 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro 5G McLaren from T-Mobile is supposed to be receiving an official update to OOS12/Android 12 -- but considering the beyond ridiculous delay for the 6T and OOS11, we'll be extremely lucky if we get OOS12 within the next 12 months. We will get it eventually, but that will be the final major version update. Phone released with OOS10, so that's 2 major releases it will be receiving, along with 12 more months of security updates.
Good deal, and yeah I've been following the OnePlus 6T release too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.