Android 12

Search This thread

Hakosuka11

Aug 17, 2012
Buenos Aires
Just flashed SM-G780G - Snapdragon variant 4G (Telenor Serbia) with Malaysia (XME) ...

View attachment 5500925
Hello, everyrthing runs fine so far, any issue? Im about to install after work tomorrow. I'm from Argentina and have to questions (can you check in lenguaje?) and Second, any guide to follow? I flashed time ago in my old S10e with ODIN, anithing changed? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time reading.

canhanga14vc

Jul 7, 2013
Luanda, Angola
Did the update using the Russian update, and so far so good

Screenshot_20220106-114535_Settings.jpg

zoreli

Nov 18, 2012
Шид - Србија
Hello, everyrthing runs fine so far, any issue? Im about to install after work tomorrow. I'm from Argentina and have to questions (can you check in lenguaje?) and Second, any guide to follow? I flashed time ago in my old S10e with ODIN, anithing changed? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time reading.
Everything worg just fine - no issue (with factory reset) . All languages is present .

Tutorial about flashing: https://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/themes/sammobile-6/assets/static/instructions-fw-5file.pdf

Firmware: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g.../SM-G780G/TUR/download/G780GXXU3BUL9/1602243/

Reactions: Hakosuka11

strik3that

Jan 5, 2022
I'm from Serbia as well, do you have issues with touchscreen while swiping to type for example? On your g780g, i have the issue on mine when i start typing "neke" it types "nek be"for example, it registers like i lifted my finger
I honestly don't know. I got the phone yesterday and one of the first things I did was flashing the rom.
BUT, I've got to say the samsung keyboard is kinda weird. I make lots of mistakes, which I didnt do on my old phone with google's keyboard. I'll switch to Microsoft swift key , maybe you can try that as well, and tell me if it's the keyboard or maybe a firmware issue.
Hey, I downloaded the Malaysian Firmware(https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g.../SM-G780G/XME/download/G780GXXU3BUL9/1601873/), latest version of ODIN(https://www.chip.de/downloads/Odin3_12992520.html).
Then I Extracted both zips, downloaded latest Samsung drivers(https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver), installed them, started Odin, then I checked BL, AP, CP in Odin and added the files from the extracted firmware.
After that I press and hold the volume up and down button simultaneously on the phone, while it is on, and insert the usb cable which is connected to the pc. The phone reboots into download mode, press volume up when the download screen is visible on your phone, in ODIN it should be blue in the left corner, click on start. Wait for it to finish.
Sidenote, It deletes everything, atleast your apps and settings, even without the csc. I read somewhere that its best to remove your google & samsung account before you flash, I did that just in case..
And no problem, it was my first time for years too. It was also on the first day I received my S20FE xD
And yes, so far everything is still fine. I used the phone much yesterday and today for general stuff like whatsapp, browsing the web, watching videos, listening to music and voice mails. Calls and Camera also works fine.
There is Español in language settings.

Last edited:

JohnnyxS

Jul 1, 2020
I honestly don't know. I got the phone yesterday and one of the first things I did was flashing the rom.
BUT, I've got to say the samsung keyboard is kinda weird. I make lots of mistakes, which I didnt do on my old phone with google's keyboard. I'll switch to google now, maybe you can try that as well, and tell me if it's the keyboard or maybe a firmware issue.

Hey, I downloaded the Malaysian Firmware(https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g.../SM-G780G/XME/download/G780GXXU3BUL9/1601873/), latest version of ODIN(https://www.chip.de/downloads/Odin3_12992520.html).
Then I Extracted both zips, downloaded latest Samsung drivers, installed them, started Odin, then I checked BL, AP, CP in Odin and added the files from the extracted firmware.
After that I pressed the volume up and down button simultaneously on the phone, while it is on, and inserted the usb cable which is connected to my pc. The phone rebooted into download mode, press volume up, in ODIN it should be blue in the left corner, click on start. Wait for it to finish.
Sidenote, It deletes everything, atleast your apps and settings, even without the csc. I read somewhere that its best to remove your google & samsung account before you flash, I did that just in case..
And no problem, it was my first time for years too. It was also on the first day I received my S20FE xD
It's a hardware issue, I've tried Android 12, Android 11, multiple keyboards, no dice. It feels like changing the paint while under the hood stuff staying the same.

Reactions: 3mel

strik3that

Jan 5, 2022
I think I found a bug. Don't know if it's the firmware or whatsapp on android12. If you get a message and try to reply through the notification and get another message, the box where you answer splits into two and the text is copied. You also write in both boxes simultaneously. You can send the message, but you can't answer again through the notification.

super_operater

Dec 21, 2014
Belgrade
Just flashed SM-G780G - Snapdragon variant 4G (Telenor Serbia) with Malaysia (XME) ...

View attachment 5500925
Hey man. I'm from Serbia too, but on mt:s. Just want to make sure I don't mess something. Can you please describe the process of updating? What steps exactly did you do? Also, my phone is SMG780G/DS, which means dual sim. Does anybody know is it safe to flash this fw? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Edit: just saw the other post with tutorial for flashing, sorry...

Last edited:

strik3that

Jan 5, 2022
Hey man. I'm from Serbia too, but on mt:s. Just want to make sure I don't mess something. Can you please describe the process of updating? What steps exactly did you do? Also, my phone is SMG780G/DS, which means dual sim. Does anybody know is it safe to flash this fw? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Edit: just saw the other post with tutorial for flashing, sorry...
I think the G780G is always dual sim - or one sim one SD-Card(that's how I use it).
So far, no problems at my phone, except the whatsapp notifications bug I mentioned but that's probably OneUI4/Android12 bug. When flashing in Odin, dont tick the CSC field.

Reactions: super_operater

Vorion

Mar 16, 2014
Coimbatore
Samsung Galaxy S8
Moto X4
Here is my opinion based on my experience with Android 12, One UI 4.0 - S20 FE 5G Indian Variant. These are plainly my own opinions, yours might differ. This is only to help fellow users who are hesitant to install. I used it only for about 12 hours.

Good::coffee:
Everything worked smoothly. I am sure Samsung didn't rush up for the sake of being fast at delivery. I didn't face any bugs or issues as I did a clean install through ODIN. It's not big overhaul. But it's there. Improved Privacy features and extra screen dimming are nice. I am sure we can get almost all of these with root and third party apps. i.e AppOps Pro, Privacy Dashboard, and CF Lumen Pro. I didn't use or enable call recording feature. It's there if my memory serves right (install at your own discretion)
I can't say anything on the battery endurance.
No extra bloatware apps bundled. A few from Microsoft which you can skip during the setup. FB is there.

Disappointment:😤
Personally disppointed because I hoped that this update would improve the front camera of the device. Nope. I didn't find any difference at all. It remains as average as it's on One UI 3.1.
I also expected some improvement with virtual proximity sensing. Nope.
Random ghost touches, it was still there.

Shock (to me):😢
Magisk Hide is not functional anymore. Developer retired that feature on Android 12 which was announced last year which I didn't know. Some of you might have already known this. So, it won't be as shocking as it feels to me. Others be aware. We can't hide root. So we can't use banking apps or any sort of. You get the point.
If you're still into EdXposed, this is for you.. It didn't work for me.
On this, Magisk works only through patching method unlike standard TWRP flashing files Magisk.apk/zip

Relief:😌
Due to the removal of Magisk Hide (the toggle is there as a dummy) function, I no longer be able to use it at its full potention. Hey, most of us root the phone to get more out it, not other way round or to be that cool guy. I use work and banking apps everyday. So, it a big NO.
Yes, yes, the relief... You can downgrade/ revert back to Android 11, One UI 3.1 .:sleep: Last firmware update and the current one share the same bootloader version. I had to go back to Android 11, without much pain (Thanks to Titanium Backup Pro). And I would wait for some more development to happen around Magisk.

I am sure most of you would enjoy One UI 4.0. It's a well-deserved update to our devices. I don't think otherwise. But users like me would be bit disappointed, not because of the UI itself.

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@Vorion nice summary, regarding magisk people should be using the canary builds of magisk for OneUI 4. also magisk modules still work but in canary builds but there is no modules repo so keep the zips you have now or search for a modules archive which does exist... or try this module which apparently adds modules repo

there are also a few newer methods for magisk hiding like kdragon or a zip by afaneh92 that changes flags and tells apps everything is OK. I don't use any apps that need hide so I can't point you to the best options but hide is still a thing you can do.

also try LSPosed instead of EdXposed. keep the manager for EdXposed as it has more modules but don't keep the framework. install Riru and LSPosed from magisk, download and install modules in EdXposed but active them in LSPosed.

Vorion

Mar 16, 2014
Coimbatore
Samsung Galaxy S8
Moto X4
@Vorion nice summary, regarding magisk people should be using the canary builds of magisk for OneUI 4. also magisk modules still work but in canary builds but there is no modules repo so keep the zips you have now or search for a modules archive which does exist... or try this module which apparently adds modules repo

there are also a few newer methods for magisk hiding like kdragon or a zip by afaneh92 that changes flags and tells apps everything is OK. I don't use any apps that need hide so I can't point you to the best options but hide is still a thing you can do.
Thank you, @3mel . Magisk worked on Android 12 without major issues. Only Magisk hide didn't work as intended. I used the Canary build to patch the AP. Boot.img patching did work but didn't flash successfully. So, I had to patch the whole AP file on Canary Build and flashed through ODIN (using CSC, not Home CSC)

And latest Canary build has a bug. Modules won't show up even if you have installed the modules successfully (logs will be there) and you also can't search and find modules. Either we can install the previous build or use the regular Magisk (installed over the existing Canary build). I had no issues that way.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Let me take a dive into those apps/modules. Since, I have got both the firmwares, going to and fro isn't going to be a problem. So, I will try these again in a few days. It seems Magisk hide would be developed by other developers who are already a part of Magisk developments. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

freebadger

Oct 6, 2021
Update just popped for me in Poland. Everything looks good beside that I have a lot of problems with opening links with default apps. For instance YouTube videos open in Firefox instead of NewPipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-101351_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-101351_Settings.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 58

rc.7

Jan 6, 2011
Greetings!!! I installed android 12, rooted via odin with boot.img fixed by magisk canary. Waiting for a way to root via TWRP. From Brazil.

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Currently installing Android 12 update on Unlocked version on Verizon. :D

This was the OTA update. Its running smooth but finally killed my Touchpal keyboard. Guess it was time to let it go. Sigh.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my opinion based on my experience with Android 12, One UI 4.0 - S20 FE 5G Indian Variant. These are plainly my own opinions, yours might differ. This is only to help fellow users who are hesitant to install. I used it only for about 12 hours.

Good::coffee:
    Everything worked smoothly. I am sure Samsung didn't rush up for the sake of being fast at delivery. I didn't face any bugs or issues as I did a clean install through ODIN. It's not big overhaul. But it's there. Improved Privacy features and extra screen dimming are nice. I am sure we can get almost all of these with root and third party apps. i.e AppOps Pro, Privacy Dashboard, and CF Lumen Pro. I didn't use or enable call recording feature. It's there if my memory serves right (install at your own discretion)
    I can't say anything on the battery endurance.
    No extra bloatware apps bundled. A few from Microsoft which you can skip during the setup. FB is there.

Disappointment:😤
    Personally disppointed because I hoped that this update would improve the front camera of the device. Nope. I didn't find any difference at all. It remains as average as it's on One UI 3.1.
    I also expected some improvement with virtual proximity sensing. Nope.
    Random ghost touches, it was still there.

Shock (to me):😢
    Magisk Hide is not functional anymore. Developer retired that feature on Android 12 which was announced last year which I didn't know. Some of you might have already known this. So, it won't be as shocking as it feels to me. Others be aware. We can't hide root. So we can't use banking apps or any sort of. You get the point.
    If you're still into EdXposed, this is for you.. It didn't work for me.
    On this, Magisk works only through patching method unlike standard TWRP flashing files Magisk.apk/zip

Relief:😌
    Due to the removal of Magisk Hide (the toggle is there as a dummy) function, I no longer be able to use it at its full potention. Hey, most of us root the phone to get more out it, not other way round or to be that cool guy. I use work and banking apps everyday. So, it a big NO.
    Yes, yes, the relief... You can downgrade/ revert back to Android 11, One UI 3.1 .:sleep: Last firmware update and the current one share the same bootloader version. I had to go back to Android 11, without much pain (Thanks to Titanium Backup Pro). And I would wait for some more development to happen around Magisk.

I am sure most of you would enjoy One UI 4.0. It's a well-deserved update to our devices. I don't think otherwise. But users like me would be bit disappointed, not because of the UI itself.
    Odin flash only Bootloader, Application Processor and Core Processor except Software Customization everything works fine.

Desktop 3-1-2565 14-49-54-285.png
    Update launch today for Brazilian variant

Screenshot_20220117-103005_Software update.png

also try LSPosed instead of EdXposed. keep the manager for EdXposed as it has more modules but don't keep the framework. install Riru and LSPosed from magisk, download and install modules in EdXposed but active them in LSPosed.
    @sauliiin only 5G for now.
    @cj ryderzz there is no Google feed, only Samsung Free. GUI looks almost the same as on Android 11
    @kk12002 you may try it, but OTA updates may stop working.