Question Android 12L Beta Opt-in now available

Search This thread

AKN_92

Dec 14, 2021
I opted into the 12L beta, but still haven't gotten the update on my phone and its been way over 24 hours. I try to sideload the OTA, but I kept getting an error about the build timestamp is older or something. Anybody know how to fix this?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I opted into the 12L beta, but still haven't gotten the update on my phone and its been way over 24 hours. I try to sideload the OTA, but I kept getting an error about the build timestamp is older or something. Anybody know how to fix this?
Are you on the 2nd February update? If so, it might be because that build is newer than the 12L Beta 3 build, I believe. You could flash the factory image.

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Are you on the 2nd February update? If so, it might be because that build is newer than the 12L Beta 3 build, I believe. You could flash the factory image.
Or wait for the March final build but then it's not beta any longer. I'm beginning to wonder if the beta is closed due to the imminent release of the gold build. At this point I think I'd skip it unless you have a pressing need for it. I just opted out of the beta and I'm back on Feb update 2.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
My advice is to wait for the final, unless you have time on your hands. The beta has poor battery life, at least without modifications. Downgrading will wipe your phone clean.

You're welcome! And understood.

Maybe you mentioned this already, but I might be thinking of another user who reported opting out of 12L. If you opted into 12L and have since been updated to 12L (Beta 3), then opting out will end up wiping your phone, as it will technically downgrade your firmware to 12 stable, as Google doesn't want any system (or user) app data specific to 12L to befuddle 12 stable.

I forget if you're already bootloader unlocked, but if you are going to have your phone wiped, if you're going to root in the future, you might as well go ahead and unlock the bootloader since doing so will also force wipe your entire phone as well.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I'm not the bearer of too bad news.

If you already knew all this, feel free to just laugh at me and point. :D
Good morning Road Warrior, Unfortunately, I'm on Verizon with a locked bootloader, so no real fun for me. 😞 I wish I wasn't, but here we are.

I have not received the 12L beta OTA so I'm good at this point, and will wipe my phone this weekend in the hopes of receiving better battery performance in return. Crossing my fingers! *Have a lovely day, everyone!*

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Good morning Road Warrior, Unfortunately, I'm on Verizon with a locked bootloader, so no real fun for me. 😞 I wish I wasn't, but here we are.

I have not received the 12L beta OTA so I'm good at this point, and will wipe my phone this weekend in the hopes of receiving better battery performance in return. Crossing my fingers! *Have a lovely day, everyone!*
Good morning. Gotcha, cool, and good luck! My battery does fine by me, in my opinion. I'm not a phone gamer, though - except maybe for a reasonably short while every 3-5 years when something I previously got tired of playing seems okay to play again. I typically only charge once per day, I only let the battery get down to 25%, and I mostly only charge up to 75%, and I never quick charge. That 50% total range lasts my usage about a day, but I know everyone's different, has different apps and usage. I don't micro-manage wake-locks or apps running in the background, or even radio toggles (Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, etc - I keep on all the time, anymore) although I very rarely use NFC so I keep that off.

Let us know either way if you feel it improves or not.

alleshi

just do it yourself
use android flash tool
make sure u unlock your device
everything will be done by flash tool

battery is amazing

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

alleshi

Yes, I'm on the 2nd Feb update. Don't feel like wiping my phone again, so think I'll just wait for the official release then.
trust me
if u install beta 3 u will be amazed how better your pixel will get
10 hr idle the battery was still 100%, also i used the phone 14 hr and still when i came home i had 55% left

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
just do it yourself

use android flash tool
make sure u unlock your device
everything will be done by flash tool

battery is amazing
Only if you can unlock the bootloader, if you feel like wiping your device, and if you're lucky enough to actually get amazing battery life. Some do and many don't. So perhaps a statement like... is amazing for me... Would be more appropriate?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
According to Google:

If you’re enrolling a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro that is on the latest February build SQ1D.220205.004, you will not receive an update to 12L Beta 3, but instead will receive the next upcoming beta build release in March as long as you keep your device enrolled

According to Google:

If you’re enrolling a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro that is on the latest February build SQ1D.220205.004, you will not receive an update to 12L Beta 3, but instead will receive the next upcoming beta build release in March as long as you keep your device enrolled
Hi Lughnasadh,

Would you happen to know if Google specified a specific date for it's release? Thank you!

Top Liked Posts