Question Android 12L Beta Opt-in now available

Search This thread

schoerb

Aug 16, 2010
Frankfurt
That's likely your issue. You are sitting on old builds.

You need SAI installer and to install 22.02.20 Services and 29.2.13 Store from apkmirror. that should fix your issue.
This doesn't help. I installed from APK Mirror the latestes Pixel Launcher from 12L Beta 1 which solved the problem. No idea why OTA hasn't updated it.

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't see Vo5G on my phone so it must be controlled via Carrier Services updates or something else.
This is enabled by your carrier, Carrier Services also is tied into this
On my Pixel 6 Pro the Pixel Launcher and Recents crashes all the time.
So I deleted the App Data for Pixel Launcher but it still crashes.
I switched to Lawnchair and disabled Gesture Navigation. But if I cllick the Recents square button, it crashes again.
How can I delete App Data for Recents?
Anybody else having this problem?
This is from the quickswitch module

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
I can install Vanced Manager without an issue but I cannot seem to install Youtube.
Present Vanced Youtube rooted version is v16.29.39 but 12L come with Youtube version higher than this and this is the reason why you can't install the vanced Youtube in Vanced Manager. If you want to stay with 12L and use rooted Vanced Youtube, a temporary solution is go to APKmirror to download Youtube v16.29.39 and adb install it. After that, you can install the Vanced version in Vanced Manager. But once reboot, it will gone and you have to repeat the process again. Rooted Vanced Youtube has not been updated for quite sometime and I have no idea when they are going to update it. Perhaps you can consider to use the non-root version or stay with A12.

Reactions: NippleSauce

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I m not sure yet, but i think battery life is much better with this beta. My phone is in deep sleep for 85% of the time, before around 70-80. Standy drain seems to be less, and screen on time seems to consume less.

Pretty happy with this beta 👍

Never had connectivity issues or other bugs, so cant say more about this.

My battery life has been solid so far, with the beta it even seems to be improved! Nice!!

gerard_f

Sep 25, 2008
Catalunya
Anyone got YouTube Vanced working with 12L? Vanced Manager won't install it (edit: root version, non-root version seems to work fine).

Edit2: seems this is caused by the bundled YT app being newer than Vanced can patch.

I fixed by downloading the official 16.29.39 apk (from apkmirror), then downgrading to it by running:

Code:
adb install -d -r <path to downloaded .apk>

I was then able to install YT Vanced (root) inside of Vanced Manager.

Hope that helps anyone having the same issue 👍

edit3: this doesn't stick upon reboot... a magisk module with this apk might work, but don't have time to test yet.
My approach is install de-bloater app (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.sunilpaulmathew.debloater/) and remove bundled youtube app. This app removes the app systemless-ly using magisk and you can restore it at any moment.
Then you can install root vanced app and it persist well across reboots.

gerard_f

Sep 25, 2008
Catalunya
Present Vanced Youtube rooted version is v16.29.39 but 12L come with Youtube version higher than this and this is the reason why you can't install the vanced Youtube in Vanced Manager. If you want to stay with 12L and use rooted Vanced Youtube, a temporary solution is go to APKmirror to download Youtube v16.29.39 and adb install it. After that, you can install the Vanced version in Vanced Manager. But once reboot, it will gone and you have to repeat the process again. Rooted Vanced Youtube has not been updated for quite sometime and I have no idea when they are going to update it. Perhaps you can consider to use the non-root version or stay with A12.
In my previous post I said a solution for the reboots.

DanielF50

Jul 22, 2010
Hampshire, England
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My approach is install de-bloater app (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.sunilpaulmathew.debloater/) and remove bundled youtube app. This app removes the app systemless-ly using magisk and you can restore it at any moment.
Thanks. I might try that if root Vanced doesn't work once 12L is released - I've gone back to non-root with Microg for now though.

I did try disabling & also uninstalling the YouTube app (for user 0) with ADB, then installing Vanced via root method but Vanced Manager wouldn't compile when YT was disabled/uninstalled for some reason (assume it uses the YT base apk to compile).

Reactions: gerard_f

gerard_f

Sep 25, 2008
Catalunya
Thanks. I might try that if root Vanced doesn't work once 12L is released - I've gone back to non-root with Microg for now though.

I did try disabling & also uninstalling the YouTube app (for user 0) with ADB, then installing Vanced via root method but Vanced Manager wouldn't compile when YT was disabled/uninstalled for some reason (assume it uses the YT base apk to compile).
Good to know, thanks. I assume the debloater method works because the app is removed systemless-ly and in fact doesn't erase the base apk from system partition.

Bzaina

Mar 28, 2013
If I enroll for the A12L beta would I stay in a beta channel forever or will receive the final 12L update on my phone and be out of the beta channel?

MArtyChubbs

I used this: https://xdaforums.com/t/module-terminal-debloater-v17-3-2-debloat-systemlessly.3584163/

Same result 👍

No more detach... Magisk module attach since it was a pain tracking the update down in the telegram channel.

Attachments

• terminal_debloater-76.zip
    533.6 KB · Views: 4

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
I m not sure yet, but i think battery life is much better with this beta. My phone is in deep sleep for 85% of the time, before around 70-80. Standy drain seems to be less, and screen on time seems to consume less.

Pretty happy with this beta 👍

Never had connectivity issues or other bugs, so cant say more about this.

My battery life has been solid so far, with the beta it even seems to be improved! Nice!!
I installed it yesterday by signing on with Google. Yesterday battery life was bad, draining from 100% to about 30% in about 8 hours, mostly on wifi.

I charged it overnight and in two hours it has dropped to 88% with minimal use. Looking at the stats, Mobile Network is responsible for 85% of the drain.

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I installed it yesterday by signing on with Google. Yesterday battery life was bad, draining from 100% to about 30% in about 8 hours, mostly on wifi.

I charged it overnight and in two hours it has dropped to 88% with minimal use. Looking at the stats, Mobile Network is responsible for 85% of the drain.
With the beta i m getting more than 1 hour more SOT than before.. standby drain reduced from 2.3 % to 1.3% per hour

Have to mention i switched off 5G (adaptive connectivity is on)

I m really blown away by the battery since this update. I havent had any problems before.

Lets hope they fix your problem with stable.
Mobile network at 85% isnt normal..!

My moblile network is high, around 30 % , but it doesnt affect my battery life. I am getting around 7 hours SOT on a normal workday. Before 12L I was getting around 6 hours. In wifi i even have around 9 hours SOT.

Strange how diffrent the phones are.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
With the beta i m getting more than 1 hour more SOT than before.. standby drain reduced from 2.3 % to 1.3% per hour

Have to mention i switched off 5G (adaptive connectivity is on)

Yeah, I am already down to 54%, on wifi, with barely any use. Mobile Network is between 65% and 85% of the drain, and as I said, I am on pretty strong wifi.

I just selected LTE as the preferred connection and hope that it will reduce the drain so the phone is usable. But this is really not an acceptable solution for $1000 device. 5G is an important feature and it should work. On the stable Android12, the phone wasn't great, either, I'll give it another couple of days and may opt out of the beta.

I was considering the iPhone 13 Pro Max before I bought this, and so far I regret choosing the Pixel :( It was the camera potential that swayed me, but now I am not enamored with the fake HDR effect, the yellow tint, and the artificial "detail" added to textures either. The battery also sucked on the last Pixel I had a few years ago, a 3XL.

I was hoping the L would address some of these issues.

Top Liked Posts