I don't use proton, so I'm not sure. But I think you can long press on your home screen on the Pixel launcher and pick the default home screen at the bottom.so I had everything working great for a few days and now the home action does not do anything. There's no way for me to get back to my home screen without swiping from the edge of the screen to go back several times. I went to system settings, gestures, and the normal option to choose system navigation is not there. I tried refreshing and im having the same issue.
If you are changing the screen change the battery also, I did with mine and it runs like new. Well worth the effort, it easily lasts a whole day with 30% at 6pm left when I get home.Okay, hello everyone. I think y'all deserve an update!
1) the web-installer is open source so it can be implemented again for Pixel 2XL. I however lack motivation to do so as I have some very important exams coming up soon. (sounds like a good summer project however)
2) Thanks to the donations, I bought a new screen!!! It's shipping as we speak. Development will continue
3) ProtonAOSP source code is updating at a slow pace and only recently have we gotten new security patches in the new 12.1 update. That's why I hadn't really been making new builds (also @RealOkabe, pretty much the main force behind the project) no longer had access to a server.
I hope this answers some of your questions.
N.B: For those that want gapps + magisk, just flash the vanilla version, flash opengapps, then flash magisk. it's simple.
Hi. why you not flashed via recovery?Hi there when i try to run flash-all.sh it doesnt work and I get these errors. I'm sorry if i missed something extremely obvious but this is my first time installing a ROM. I'm trying to install the Gapps version and I followed all the partitioning steps (I hope. This is my first time) and when i go to flash everything it fails. Take a look at the screenshots for more info. If someone could reply soon would be great.
Well I was just trying to follow the steps on the website... it didn't say to flash via recovery. I fixed one of the errors because I didn't have any space on my PC . The thing I'm confused about is why it says it can't load bootloader-tiamen-.img as it doesn't exist in the files folder.
The "unable to allocate" error sounds to me like the system partition is too small.
I think i may have completely removed the stock ROM from my phone because I formatted all the partitions in the remaking process. Ah well, im using a different ROM anyway so its fine. My issue is hereby solved.The "unable to allocate" error sounds to me like the system partition is too small.
Maybe you did something wrong when you repartitioned (why did you do that? The rom should fit in the standard size). Can you remember what you did?
Also check that you have space free on your computer (just a few GB will do).
Edit: Sorry, didn't read you new message. You shouldn't be concerned about that file missing - it is the bootloader and shouldn't need updating if you come from the latest stock rom.
No, you were supposed to run the flash-all.sh/flash-all.bat scriptI think i may have completely removed the stock ROM from my phone because I formatted all the partitions in the remaking process. Ah well, im using a different ROM anyway so its fine. My issue is hereby solved.
P.S. BTW... was I just supposed to flash the zip file?
You need your PC setup for ADB and fastboot. Get the android SDK tools. Search maowdroid on YouTube he's got great tutorials.I'm afraid the guide needs to be even more detailed for me as I have been out of the scene for a while. I don't have TWRP recovery installed already. I don't need the magisk part since I don't want root. Also, is repartitioning no longer needed? And what do you mean by slot? Sim slots? Pixel only has 1 e-sim and 1 physical sim.
- Download from here: Source Forge
- This does not include OTAs, so you will have to visit regularly for security updates and the like.
- This ROM is currently distributed as OTA zips. Flash it the same way you would, in a custom recovery. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" or using my tool before booting the ROM.
Edit: thanks to the people that have donated. For the sake of transparency, I'm gonna publicise the donations i've received. a pixel 2xl where i live costs 200 dollars. I'm gonna be putting a counter here.