ANDROID 12L ROM ❯ 12 July 2022 ❯ ProtonAOSP 12.4.1

Search This thread

juanikiki

Oct 1, 2007
@Dollscythe - Can I re-lock the bootloader after installing the ROM? Will it make any difference in terms of security?

:LOL: my signature reminded me how long its been since I have play around in XDA. But this is fun stuff and always wanted to flash a custom rom since Google stop supporting the Pixel 2 XL. Thanks for you hard work!! (y)

If you don't want it, don't dl app as I suggested!
As I said before, it's not in the Google Wallpaper app. I own 3 Pixel devices so I'm pretty sure it's not in there.

I actually contacted the developer of the ROM and he was nice enough to point me in the right direction. If you guys are interested in downloading it here it is:

strange_dimension_strange_ocean_1.webp

@Alxoom33 Here's the wallpaper you're probably thinking about from the Google Wallpaper app:

Screenshot_20201119-160655.png

Reactions: Alxoom33

darkslayer

Nov 13, 2007
I tried to flash this ROM, but after the process of flashing my phone rebooted but now is stucked on the ROM logo. Tried to flash it.again but now my PC does not recognize the phone. Any help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1636412254974.png

Android 12 ROM for Pixel 2 XL - Maintained by @EnesSastim

@Lunarixus on XDA (using his device tree, mentorship, and fixes. Wonderful work)
    @RealOkabe on XDA for his build process, we only reached bootable state thanks to his work.
    @ReallySnow on XDA for his work on Android 12 vendor. I consider him my teacher, and most of the Android 12 heavy lifting was done by him.
    None of this would've happened without them.

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.
    Screenshots are attached.

What's not working:
    Download
    • Download from here: Source Forge
    • This does not include OTAs, so you will have to visit regularly for security updates and the like.
    Installation
    • This ROM is currently distributed as OTA zips. Flash it the same way you would, in a custom recovery. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" or using my tool before booting the ROM.
    Sources
    HOORAY WIFI IS WORKING AGAIN

ALSO ACTIVE EDGE/SQUEEZE

EXPECT BUILD SOON

EDIT: AFTER IM BACK FROM SCHOOL OK? IN 4-HOURS
    Magisk issue fixed. Builds coming soon.
    02 May 2022:
    -New maintainer: @EnesSastim
    -All issues are fixed
    -Fixed CTS
    -Encryption enabled
    -Magisk no longer causes bootloop

13 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed battery drain
    -Added setup wizard for Gapps build
    -Added modded Gcam *HOT!!* for Gapps build
    -Added more Google Apps, removed 99% of AOSP crapware for Gapps build
    -Fixed play services contacts sync for Gapps build
    -Added new and refreshed ProtonAOSP boot animation
    -Magisk not supported on Gapped build, will bootloop

11 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed fingerprint.
    -Enabled Active Edge.
    -Fixed wifi functionality.
    -Now both gapps and vanilla builds will fit on a stock system partition.

10 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed gatekeeper.
    -Somehow broke wifi.
    -Added vanilla build (this will flash without requiring a repartition).

09 Nov 2021:
    -Initial build (gapps only, doesnt fit in system partition). Much functionality is broken.

Feel free to give me your hard-earned money, my pixel 2XL's screen is dead, so developing this ROM is a tedious and annoying process: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/guidedflame
    Edit: thanks to the people that have donated. For the sake of transparency, I'm gonna publicise the donations i've received. a pixel 2xl where i live costs 200 dollars. I'm gonna be putting a counter here.

Edit 2: pls don't donate to me anymore.

$200/200 (100% progress)
    I updated the thread with a new build that should be fully functional. Enjoy!