ANDROID 12L ROM ❯ 12 July 2022 ❯ ProtonAOSP 12.4.1

Search This thread
so I had everything working great for a few days and now the home action does not do anything. There's no way for me to get back to my home screen without swiping from the edge of the screen to go back several times. I went to system settings, gestures, and the normal option to choose system navigation is not there. I tried refreshing and im having the same issue.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
so I had everything working great for a few days and now the home action does not do anything. There's no way for me to get back to my home screen without swiping from the edge of the screen to go back several times. I went to system settings, gestures, and the normal option to choose system navigation is not there. I tried refreshing and im having the same issue.
I don't use proton, so I'm not sure. But I think you can long press on your home screen on the Pixel launcher and pick the default home screen at the bottom.

sharanoth

Jul 23, 2021
Okay, hello everyone. I think y'all deserve an update!

1) the web-installer is open source so it can be implemented again for Pixel 2XL. I however lack motivation to do so as I have some very important exams coming up soon. (sounds like a good summer project however)

2) Thanks to the donations, I bought a new screen!!! It's shipping as we speak. Development will continue :D

3) ProtonAOSP source code is updating at a slow pace and only recently have we gotten new security patches in the new 12.1 update. That's why I hadn't really been making new builds (also @RealOkabe, pretty much the main force behind the project) no longer had access to a server.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

N.B: For those that want gapps + magisk, just flash the vanilla version, flash opengapps, then flash magisk. it's simple.

jam456

Okay, hello everyone. I think y'all deserve an update!

1) the web-installer is open source so it can be implemented again for Pixel 2XL. I however lack motivation to do so as I have some very important exams coming up soon. (sounds like a good summer project however)

2) Thanks to the donations, I bought a new screen!!! It's shipping as we speak. Development will continue :D

3) ProtonAOSP source code is updating at a slow pace and only recently have we gotten new security patches in the new 12.1 update. That's why I hadn't really been making new builds (also @RealOkabe, pretty much the main force behind the project) no longer had access to a server.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

N.B: For those that want gapps + magisk, just flash the vanilla version, flash opengapps, then flash magisk. it's simple.
If you are changing the screen change the battery also, I did with mine and it runs like new. Well worth the effort, it easily lasts a whole day with 30% at 6pm left when I get home.

j_koziel

Feb 18, 2022
Hi there when i try to run flash-all.sh it doesnt work and I get these errors. I'm sorry if i missed something extremely obvious but this is my first time installing a ROM. I'm trying to install the Gapps version and I followed all the partitioning steps (I hope. This is my first time) and when i go to flash everything it fails. Take a look at the screenshots for more info. If someone could reply soon would be great.

Attachments

• error_messages.png
    error_messages.png
    700.9 KB · Views: 74
  • files_in_extracted_folder.png
    files_in_extracted_folder.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 74
  • final_error.png
    final_error.png
    17 KB · Views: 72

irmas5

Hi there when i try to run flash-all.sh it doesnt work and I get these errors. I'm sorry if i missed something extremely obvious but this is my first time installing a ROM. I'm trying to install the Gapps version and I followed all the partitioning steps (I hope. This is my first time) and when i go to flash everything it fails. Take a look at the screenshots for more info. If someone could reply soon would be great.
Hi. why you not flashed via recovery?

j_koziel

Feb 18, 2022
Hi. why you not flashed via recovery?
Well I was just trying to follow the steps on the website... it didn't say to flash via recovery. I fixed one of the errors because I didn't have any space on my PC 😅. The thing I'm confused about is why it says it can't load bootloader-tiamen-.img as it doesn't exist in the files folder.
Am I downloading the wrong file?

Last edited:

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
I'm trying to install the Gapps version and I followed all the partitioning steps (I hope. This is my first time) and when i go to flash everything it fails.
The "unable to allocate" error sounds to me like the system partition is too small.

Maybe you did something wrong when you repartitioned (why did you do that? The rom should fit in the standard size). Can you remember what you did?

Also check that you have space free on your computer (just a few GB will do).

Edit: Sorry, didn't read you new message. You shouldn't be concerned about that file missing - it is the bootloader and shouldn't need updating if you come from the latest stock rom.

j_koziel

Feb 18, 2022
The "unable to allocate" error sounds to me like the system partition is too small.

Maybe you did something wrong when you repartitioned (why did you do that? The rom should fit in the standard size). Can you remember what you did?

Also check that you have space free on your computer (just a few GB will do).

Edit: Sorry, didn't read you new message. You shouldn't be concerned about that file missing - it is the bootloader and shouldn't need updating if you come from the latest stock rom.
I think i may have completely removed the stock ROM from my phone because I formatted all the partitions in the remaking process. Ah well, im using a different ROM anyway so its fine. My issue is hereby solved.

P.S. BTW... was I just supposed to flash the zip file?

Last edited:

sharanoth

Jul 23, 2021
I think i may have completely removed the stock ROM from my phone because I formatted all the partitions in the remaking process. Ah well, im using a different ROM anyway so its fine. My issue is hereby solved.

P.S. BTW... was I just supposed to flash the zip file?
No, you were supposed to run the flash-all.sh/flash-all.bat script

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1636412254974.png

Android 12 ROM for Pixel 2 XL - Maintained by @EnesSastim

@Lunarixus on XDA (using his device tree, mentorship, and fixes. Wonderful work)
    @RealOkabe on XDA for his build process, we only reached bootable state thanks to his work.
    @ReallySnow on XDA for his work on Android 12 vendor. I consider him my teacher, and most of the Android 12 heavy lifting was done by him.
    None of this would've happened without them.

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.
    Screenshots are attached.

What's not working:
    Download
    • Download from here: Source Forge
    • This does not include OTAs, so you will have to visit regularly for security updates and the like.
    Installation
    • This ROM is currently distributed as OTA zips. Flash it the same way you would, in a custom recovery. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" or using my tool before booting the ROM.
    Sources
    HOORAY WIFI IS WORKING AGAIN

ALSO ACTIVE EDGE/SQUEEZE

EXPECT BUILD SOON

EDIT: AFTER IM BACK FROM SCHOOL OK? IN 4-HOURS
    Magisk issue fixed. Builds coming soon.
    02 May 2022:
    -New maintainer: @EnesSastim
    -All issues are fixed
    -Fixed CTS
    -Encryption enabled
    -Magisk no longer causes bootloop

13 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed battery drain
    -Added setup wizard for Gapps build
    -Added modded Gcam *HOT!!* for Gapps build
    -Added more Google Apps, removed 99% of AOSP crapware for Gapps build
    -Fixed play services contacts sync for Gapps build
    -Added new and refreshed ProtonAOSP boot animation
    -Magisk not supported on Gapped build, will bootloop

11 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed fingerprint.
    -Enabled Active Edge.
    -Fixed wifi functionality.
    -Now both gapps and vanilla builds will fit on a stock system partition.

10 Nov 2021:
    -Fixed gatekeeper.
    -Somehow broke wifi.
    -Added vanilla build (this will flash without requiring a repartition).

09 Nov 2021:
    -Initial build (gapps only, doesnt fit in system partition). Much functionality is broken.

Feel free to give me your hard-earned money, my pixel 2XL's screen is dead, so developing this ROM is a tedious and annoying process: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/guidedflame
    Edit: thanks to the people that have donated. For the sake of transparency, I'm gonna publicise the donations i've received. a pixel 2xl where i live costs 200 dollars. I'm gonna be putting a counter here.

Edit 2: pls don't donate to me anymore.

$200/200 (100% progress)
    I updated the thread with a new build that should be fully functional. Enjoy!