Question Android 12L update in US?

Search This thread
Mine is also T-mobile network. Unlocked purchased from Samsung. See attached.
Screenshot_20220926_190822_Settings.jpg

As you can see, this doesn't claim to be 12L. And I don't see the 12L Taskbar.

Reactions: ronaldheld

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
Android 12L ist not shown in System Settings. You have to check the Android API Level with an app, that allows this. Android 12 has API level 31, 12L 32.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905_175903.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905_175903.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: ronaldheld
Android 12L ist not shown in System Settings. You have to check the Android API Level with an app, that allows this. Android 12 has API level 31, 12L 32.
Thanks for that clarification. The API level for this build is 32. And now I am starting to see the Taskbar. Not sure why it didn't appear immediately after I installed the update.

Oct 20, 2021
What's the difference between the task bar and the edge panel as far as what they do? I use edge panel all the time to drag apps into pop-up or occasionally split-screen view, and that's what I've read the same thing the task bar does. I really miss the downloadable edge panels from my previous Samsung, though!

What's the difference between the task bar and the edge panel as far as what they do? I use edge panel all the time to drag apps into pop-up or occasionally split-screen view, and that's what I've read the same thing the task bar does. I really miss the downloadable edge panels from my previous Samsung, though!
As far as I can tell, the Taskbar works similarly to Windows and the Mac dock: icons appear in the Android Taskbar when you are running (or recently ran) an app. You tap on any icon in the Taskbar to switch to it. This seems like an alternative to the recent apps virtual button in Android's navigation. The main advantage is that the icons are continuously visible.

Oct 20, 2021
As far as I can tell, the Taskbar works similarly to Windows and the Mac dock: icons appear in the Android Taskbar when you are running (or recently ran) an app. You tap on any icon in the Taskbar to switch to it. This seems like an alternative to the recent apps virtual button in Android's navigation. The main advantage is that the icons are continuously visible.
Thanks! I haven't installed the update yet, but it has been asking me to. When I get the moment to, I will. From the update list, seems like there are some nice improvements!

Oct 20, 2021
I updated yesterday. I tried to get used to the task bar, but I couldn't stand it after a few minutes. Just way too distracting with so many icons of different colors across the bottom. If they'd turned them all grayscale, maybe it wouldn't be as bad, but nope. Also really bad for screen burn-in, which I don't want to risk on this phone anymore than I already do with having to use an on-screen keyboard (it got a little burned in on my last phone). (I recently looked at my dad's phone and he plays Scrabble so much on it that the game board is burned into his Note phone [I don't know what number it is]. 🤦‍♀️😂)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it is good to mention, that not all face that issue. Mine works as usual, I can scroll over the crease without interruption, I can tap a link, that I placed exactly in the crease ... so, everything works fine here ...
    Just installed on t-mobile
    As you can see, this doesn't claim to be 12L. And I don't see the 12L Taskbar.