Question Android 12L update in US?

Search This thread
Oct 20, 2021
just tap and hold the task bar (e.g. on the bottom right) and it disappears.
Tap and hold again, and it will be back ...
I turned it off in Settings, but might try this to just bring it up when needed. Thanks!

I tried it, but that didn't work. Tap/hold doesn't do anything on it.

ETA: I researched it and that only works if you don't use the navigation bar, just gestures from the sides and top. I use the navigation bar, so they don't have the option to hide just the task bar of it temporarily.

Last edited:

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
That's right, I use gestures instead of the navigation bar ... was not aware, that this doesn't work with an active navigation bar. Thanks for finding out.

Oct 20, 2021
That's right, I use gestures instead of the navigation bar ... was not aware, that this doesn't work with an active navigation bar. Thanks for finding out.
They should make it so you can hide just the task bar from the notification bar and just tap something when you want to bring it up. Not only is it distracting, but I don't need everyone who I show something on my phone to to see my pinned and recent apps like that.

Reactions: ronaldheld

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
They should make it so you can hide just the task bar from the notification bar and just tap something when you want to bring it up. Not only is it distracting, but I don't need everyone who I show something on my phone to to see my pinned and recent apps like that.
Exactly this option with hide nav bar was lately in my note 9 with android 8.1. It was very practice but unfortunetly gone with introduce gestures

mad13maddy

Oct 3, 2022
Motorola Razr 5G
ALERT : The new update 4.1.1 is creating DEAD ZONES for the S-PEN. The S Pen is not functioning on the crease area and also near the new Taskbar feature.. I'm facing this issue since 2 weeks now and many people are also having same conditions..

Reactions: ronaldheld

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
Maybe it is good to mention, that not all face that issue. Mine works as usual, I can scroll over the crease without interruption, I can tap a link, that I placed exactly in the crease ... so, everything works fine here ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it is good to mention, that not all face that issue. Mine works as usual, I can scroll over the crease without interruption, I can tap a link, that I placed exactly in the crease ... so, everything works fine here ...
    Just installed on t-mobile
    As you can see, this doesn't claim to be 12L. And I don't see the 12L Taskbar.

Android 12L ist not shown in System Settings. You have to check the Android API Level with an app, that allows this. Android 12 has API level 31, 12L 32.
    What's the difference between the task bar and the edge panel as far as what they do? I use edge panel all the time to drag apps into pop-up or occasionally split-screen view, and that's what I've read the same thing the task bar does. I really miss the downloadable edge panels from my previous Samsung, though!
    As far as I can tell, the Taskbar works similarly to Windows and the Mac dock: icons appear in the Android Taskbar when you are running (or recently ran) an app. You tap on any icon in the Taskbar to switch to it. This seems like an alternative to the recent apps virtual button in Android's navigation. The main advantage is that the icons are continuously visible.