General Android 13.0 released Aug 15th, available for download now.

Search This thread

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Be aware:
1660583788142.png

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
So if I'm on beta 4.1 and take this update it will put me on stable release. And if I unenroll immediately after the update I should be placed on the stable channel? No qpr updates n such?
Correct.

"If you’re currently enrolled in the Android Beta program, you’ll get the Android 13 final release and remain enrolled to receive ongoing Beta updates for Android 13 feature drops, starting later this year. If you’d like to opt out of ongoing Beta updates without needing to wipe your device, just visit the Android Beta site and opt out after you get the Android 13 final release and before taking the first beta for Android 13 feature drops."

Last edited:

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 6

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
Anyone get it OTA yet? Purchased unlocked from Google and on AT&T; nothing yet for me.

Steve53

Mar 11, 2015
Foxborough
Google Pixel 6
Trying to sideload the OTA image file downloaded from Google, using latest version of adb, seems to getting stuck at "serving: 'oriole-ota-tp1a.220624.021-a13fd9d0.zip' (~3%)" - phone displaying "Verifying update package..."

I've sideloaded OTA images in the past without any issues, anybody have a suggestion?

Reactions: Grandmaster27

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Trying to sideload the OTA image file downloaded from Google, using latest version of adb, seems to getting stuck at "serving: 'oriole-ota-tp1a.220624.021-a13fd9d0.zip' (~3%)" - phone displaying "Verifying update package..."

I've sideloaded OTA images in the past without any issues, anybody have a suggestion?
When you say "using the latest version of adb", are you referring to the latest version of Platform Tools? Are your drivers up-to-date? Try using different cables and/or ports?

Steve53

Mar 11, 2015
Foxborough
Google Pixel 6
Yep, latest version of platform tools. Have tried 2 different cables (one of which is the one that came with the phone). Will check for driver updates, but have used this same PC to perform previous updates on my Pixel 6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root real android 13 yet?
    Magisk 25.2 works fine.
    Just in case this helps answer anyone's questions, here was my experience updating my Pixel 6.

I was running the Android 12 July 2022 security patch, rooted with Magisk 25201, app hidden, Zygisk enabled, and DenyList enforced. Modules in use are Systemless Hosts, USNF-Mod 2.3.1, and one called "OnePlus Oxygen OS 11 - Two-Button Navigation (Standard Height)" that, of course, restores two-button navigation. Everything was working fine, device certified, tap-to-pay working, etc. I didn't restore the app or disable any modules before updating.

I followed the same update process I always use. I downloaded the full factory image and extracted boot.img from image-oriole-___.zip, transferred it to my phone, and patched it with Magisk. Then I transferred the patched file back to my computer, renamed it to boot.img, and put it back into image-oriole-___.zip. I removed -w from the flash-all.bat file, rebooted the phone to bootloader, and ran the batch file. Android 13 was installed, and the phone rebooted.

From what I had read, I was expecting it to take a couple of hours or more optimizing apps. But I was pleasantly surprised when it simply booted up normally after about 30 seconds. Everything looks perfect, Android 13 is installed, Magisk still functioning as expected, and I almost can't believe how smoothly it went.

The only weird thing I encountered at all was that during the flashing process there was a new message I hadn't seen before: "invalid sparse file format at header magic". I didn't find much online about what that means, but it doesn't seem to have done any harm. The flashing still completed successfully and everything seems normal. I'm using the latest platform tools (33.0.2), so it shouldn't be that.
    There is face unlock in this device now?

Cause this is what i see in the changelog:
    • Fix for issue preventing face unlock to trigger in certain conditions *[3]
    Edit: My bad, this is for pixel 4 devices
    Are major apps working fine on A13?
    So far I have only one app that I found not working. It's a specific purpose calendar app, but it has 1M+ downloads.