Question Android 13 Beta/BT5.2/LE Audio

Search This thread

Silvermane77

Jul 7, 2022
Looking into buying the S22 ultra but just had one question I'd like to clear up before I do:
I read that the S22 would be getting a beta release based on Android 13/OneUI5 in July with a target final release towards the end of the year. Given that Android 13 will finally be supporting LE Audio (LC3 codec) and the S22 range has BT5.2, does this mean that the Samsungs will automatically support this?

I know that in the past Samsung have been very lacklustre in their audio support (especially AptX) in hopes that their proprietary SSC would take hold. Even for LDAC you had to jump through developer options to get it activated, so just wondering if Android 13 incorporating this will automatically provide the LE Audio functionality for the S22 range or whether Samsung will play funny games and leave it out in some kind of way with OneUI5?

Anyone here involved in the Beta test by any chance who could chime back on this??

Oso Polar

May 13, 2012
Android 13 beta for S22 Ultra is already out, so you can try to ask in the thread dedicated to this beta. I know that on S22 Ultra with Android 12 LDAC works out of the box without any need to mess with developer settings, I use it nearly every day.

brouwerchris

Apr 8, 2011
Westervoort
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Looking into buying the S22 ultra but just had one question I'd like to clear up before I do:
I read that the S22 would be getting a beta release based on Android 13/OneUI5 in July with a target final release towards the end of the year. Given that Android 13 will finally be supporting LE Audio (LC3 codec) and the S22 range has BT5.2, does this mean that the Samsungs will automatically support this?

I know that in the past Samsung have been very lacklustre in their audio support (especially AptX) in hopes that their proprietary SSC would take hold. Even for LDAC you had to jump through developer options to get it activated, so just wondering if Android 13 incorporating this will automatically provide the LE Audio functionality for the S22 ran
Screenshot_20220808_103645_Settings.jpg
ge or whether Samsung will play funny games and leave it out in some kind of way with OneUI5?

Anyone here involved in the Beta test by any chance who could chime back on this??
On my S22Ultra with beta android 13 these codes are available :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808_103645_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808_103645_Settings.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited: