Question Android 13 beta

Search This thread

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
Is 12 beta launcher so annoying that you moved to China 11? Beta not good enough to stay on it? Would be nice to read a bit more of your experience.
Almost the same experience of this china 11. Maybe some colour more on the layout of the google keyboard and some google app. For this reason i preferer the 11. More stable, almost the same and without that bugged launcher. Anyway you should to install the magisk module. Download the flashable rom of the latest beta of the 12 china. Go into the update setting and press the three dot. Update from package and choose the beta.

Reactions: BiG_FooT

Keyvannn

Sep 26, 2014
Essen
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is 12 beta launcher so annoying that you moved to China 11? Beta not good enough to stay on it? Would be nice to read a bit more of your experience.
Actually i really like miui beta a12 launcher. Its really good organized for widgets.
U can install it on your global rom. But its not as stable as on china rom

Attachments

• System launcher_RELEASE-4.40.0.5177-07152126.apk
    30.9 MB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_2022-08-12-13-31-44-569_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-13-31-44-569_com.miui.home.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 317
Reactions: BiG_FooT

VergeDX

Aug 19, 2022
I flashed this A13 beta 2 ROM and used it recently,
I also found wired / Bluetooth audio cannot work.

But Bluetooth Controler and Keyboard work fine,
so I think this is an issue of audio stack maybe?

VergeDX

Aug 19, 2022
Thanks for helping! Unfortunately this doesn't work : (
Here is logs I got by using `adb logcat '*:E'`:

```````text
08-19 17:18:59.553 1199 1199 E APM::HwModule: createDevice: could not find HW module for device 0004 address
08-19 17:18:59.554 1588 2230 E AudioSystem-JNI: Command failed for android_media_AudioSystem_setDeviceConnectionState: -38
08-19 17:18:59.554 1588 2230 E AS.AudioDeviceInventory: not connecting device 0x4 due to command error 1
08-19 17:18:59.560 1199 1199 E APM::HwModule: createDevice: could not find HW module for device 80000010 address
08-19 17:18:59.560 1588 2230 E AudioSystem-JNI: Command failed for android_media_AudioSystem_setDeviceConnectionState: -38
08-19 17:18:59.560 1588 2230 E AS.AudioDeviceInventory: not connecting device 0x80000010 due to command error 1
```````

VergeDX

Aug 19, 2022
I also found this issue about that logcat error:

And I make a Magisk module to replace `/system/vendor/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml`
by using the attachment `https://fixed_policy.zip/` from the above issues:

But the error persist...

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Hello,

I have unlocked the bootloader and now the time has come to flash the Android 13 but this shows up, any ideas?
View attachment 5695257
What did you try to flash? Android 13 developer preview (beta 2) or MIUI13 beta (=Android 12). Could be confusing. And the latter one has to be flashed in a different way.

If you are trying to flash Android 13 then follow suggestions of Mike

Woopher

Jan 2, 2011
Uppsala
Hello @mikefnz and @BiG_FooT ,
Thank you for taking your time.

I tried to install Android 13 following the link here:

if you follow that link it will take you to a mi.com page with a link to a rom. that's the one i tried to install, according to the instructions provided there.

It somehow failed (see above) and it was only booting to fastboot. So I downloaded the original rom from:
I extracted to payload.bin, booted in fastbootd and flashed_all and it's now back to normal. Whether or not that was the right way to do it i do not know but since it's working I'm fine with it.

But i would like to get the Android 13 running, not the MiUI thing which i very much dislike with passion. So I would like to try again to get Android 13 (a clean rom without the unnecessary stuff) if there is such a thing.
I know there are no custom roms for Pad 5, only GSI.

Sorry for typing at length but i thought you should get all info.

Last edited:

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Hello @mikefnz and @BiG_FooT ,
Thank you for taking your time.

I tried to install Android 13 following the link here:

if you follow that link it will take you to a mi.com page with a link to a rom. that's the one i tried to install, according to the instructions provided there.

It somehow failed (see above) and it was only booting to fastboot. So I downloaded the original rom from:
I extracted to payload.bin, booted in fastbootd and flashed_all and it's now back to normal. Whether or not that was the right way to do it i do not know but since it's working I'm fine with it.

But i would like to get the Android 13 running, not the MiUI thing which i very much dislike with passion. So I would like to try again to get Android 13 (a clean rom without the unnecessary stuff) if there is such a thing.
I know there are no custom roms for Pad 5, only GSI.

Sorry for typing at length but i thought you should get all info.
Aha, you are trying to flash the Google A13 developer preview.

Follow the instructions in this thread. But beware, a thing is that the screen is very dim and the ROM was never updated until now. So there is only one A13 rom to flash and that's BETA2 version.

I went back to MIUI A11 and flashed a A12 GSI on top. When MIUI global A12 finally arrives, I will flash it and ad a A13 GSI on top.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Such a shame there was no update after the first beta

Source below is XDA. I thought the only beta Xiaomi released for Mi Pad 5 was Beta 2?
    zeus_dpp_android_images_2.05.06.native.user.dpp_20220506.0000.00_13.0_46d74c6abf.tgz
    View attachment 5707013
    Is the same one availablle on the android 13 download page. You have just to download the gsi rom and install it.
    Link: https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image/releases
    Just managed to install the A13 Beta2 global rom.. so far its working fine for me aside from the brightness.... its a bit dim even its maxed out... the gpu driver version is still at .502.. successfully rooted with the latest magisk... need to manually set the 120hz in adb but so far I think its great...
    Can you outline the steps you took and your starting point? TIA
    Its pretty much a straightforward process after unlocking the bootloader..

download this one on your PC
    Global A13 Beta2

Edit: Also dont forget to backup files since this will wipe all your data

1.Extract the downloaded file using 7zip/Winrar until you get a folder
    2.Connect your phone in fastboot mode
    3.Open the extracted folder and click the flash_all.bat
    4.Wait for it to finish
    5.Done

For rooting
    1.Download the latest magisk apk
    2.From the fastboot rom folder, grab the boot.img and transfer it to your phone with the apk you have just downloaded
    3.Install the magisk on your phone and patch the boot.img
    4.Transfer the patched boot.img to your pc and flash through fastboot
    5.Reboot and install any modules you want
    I just flashed the developer preview.
    As I expected already the Smart Pen can connect but is otherwise not working.
    The display configuration is off, but manually changing the dpi value in the developer settings fixes that.
    Netflix works with playing back video that looks like more than just 576p (pal).

Otherwise due to the early of development of course there are more smaller and bigger issues with the release but it is quite nice to see a relatively well working clean stock Android build on the tablet. If it weren't for the missing smart pen support I might be running it as a daily driver.
    13 Beta is being updated to newer versions
    Hope so but currently nothing new is available, only beta 2 until now which was released somewhere in May
    If you want to install it you have to unlock the bootloader but xiaomi dont unlock this before 1 week from the request...