Question Android 13 boot unlock warning question

Search This thread
I just got a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13. I did my best to read, watch videos, and prepare to root it with Magisk. It worked and it's now unlocked and rooted with Magisk working.

Question?? - Now I get a warning for about 5 seconds when the phone boots up "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed..."
This doesn't seem to affect anything so far, but it is a little disconcerting.
Is this normal?
Do I need to worry?
Should I do a factory reset and start over?

I'm good on computers having started with CP/M and the 8086 (old!!!), but I don't know cell phones. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just got a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13. I did my best to read, watch videos, and prepare to root it with Magisk. It worked and it's now unlocked and rooted with Magisk working.

Question?? - Now I get a warning for about 5 seconds when the phone boots up "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed..."
Is this normal?
Do I need to worry?

I'm good on computers having started with CP/M and the 8086 (old!!!), but I don't know cell phones. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
It's normal. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)

Is this normal?
Do I need to worry?

Part of Verified Boot and can change slightly by manufacture.
Normally referred to as "Orange Boot" since that is the warning color, it is part of the boot flow.

Boot Flow - [ source.android ] - [ website ] - Link
The above link is one of the official Android/Google sites and updated when changes are made.

Example, some manufactures do not include the option to pause and continue boot with the power button.
When you get the warning screen, press power button to pause and then again to continue boot.
Roughly takes 2 second to do, instead of waiting up to 10 seconds. ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you. I feel safer now.

Is this normal?
    Do I need to worry?

Part of Verified Boot and can change slightly by manufacture.
    Normally referred to as "Orange Boot" since that is the warning color, it is part of the boot flow.

Boot Flow - [ source.android ] - [ website ] - Link
    The above link is one of the official Android/Google sites and updated when changes are made.

Example, some manufactures do not include the option to pause and continue boot with the power button.
    When you get the warning screen, press power button to pause and then again to continue boot.
    Roughly takes 2 second to do, instead of waiting up to 10 seconds. ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:

Is this normal?
    Do I need to worry?

It's normal. Don't worry about it.
    Thank you. I feel safer now.
    its normal, there are ways to try to remove it but they are risky so unless it bothers you that much I would not attempt them.
    Great tip. The double press worked perfectly. Thanks.