Question Android 13 bootloop

Search This thread

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow
Hi all.
Maybe someone came across.
I update by ota to Android 13, the phone starts to reboot or gets stuck in the bootloop, stops entering the recovery and fastbootd. The bootloader from 13 is flashed on both slots, the full factory image does not get up due to the inability to boot into fastbootd. And even if the firmware still succeeds, the phone either boots into the firmware for 5 minutes and goes into reboot, or even hangs on the Google logo.

Moreover, if after that you flash it via fastboot to the 12.1 developer for the new bootloader, the phone loads and works completely properly, enters all partitions, does not reboot.

If i run Android 13 using DSU through the 12.1 developer, everything also works fine, without any problems

I tried all options of flashing android 13. And the full image, and ota by air, and ota through sideload recovery - always the same result.

What could be the reason, has anyone encountered and how can this problem be solved?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hi all.
Maybe someone came across.
I update by ota to Android 13, the phone starts to reboot or gets stuck in the bootloop, stops entering the recovery and fastbootd. The bootloader from 13 is flashed on both slots, the full factory image does not get up due to the inability to boot into fastbootd. And even if the firmware still succeeds, the phone either boots into the firmware for 5 minutes and goes into reboot, or even hangs on the Google logo.

Moreover, if after that you flash it via fastboot to the 12.1 developer for the new bootloader, the phone loads and works completely properly, enters all partitions, does not reboot.

If i run Android 13 using DSU through the 12.1 developer, everything also works fine, without any problems

I tried all options of flashing android 13. And the full image, and ota by air, and ota through sideload recovery - always the same result.

What could be the reason, has anyone encountered and how can this problem be solved?
First make sure you don't have any other/older versions of adb/fastboot tools on your computer, just the latest Platform Tools. Also try using an A to C cable using USB 2.0 port. Then try flashing the factory image again or using Android Flash Tool.

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow
First make sure you don't have any other/older versions of adb/fastboot tools on your computer, just the latest Platform Tools. Also try using an A to C cable using USB 2.0 port. Then try flashing the factory image again or using Android Flash Tool.
How is a bad cable connected or an old version platform-tools with the fact that after flashing the bootloader and some more files of the 13th version, my recovery, fastbootd and system stops loading and constantly reloading?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
How is a bad cable connected or an old version platform-tools with the fact that after flashing the bootloader and some more files of the 13th version, my recovery, fastbootd and system stops loading and constantly reloading?
You need the latest Platform Tools to properly flash everything. Many people have found that when having problems flashing that switching to an A to C cable using USB 2.0 solved their problems.

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow
You need the latest Platform Tools to properly flash everything. Many people have found that when having problems flashing that switching to an A to C cable using USB 2.0 solved their problems.
This doesn't solve my problem. I always use the latest version of platform-tools or flash through Android FlashTool. I tried different cables, and think logically how this could be the case if Android 12.1 installed and working without any problems?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
This doesn't solve my problem. I always use the latest version of platform-tools or flash through Android FlashTool. I tried different cables, and think logically how this could be the case if Android 12.1 installed and working without any problems?
Well, you didn't mention you were using the latest Platform Tools, so I suggested it as that's one of the 1st steps of troubleshooting in these situations. You also didn't specifically mention using Android Flash Tool, so I suggested that as well.

Reactions: Gytole

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
Are you flashing BOTH SLOTS with the flash tool? Use Pixel Flasher and force flash both slots SEPARATELY don't choose the "both slots" button, it usually bricks for me. But see if thay fixes your problem. I couldn't use the android flash tool since about February of this year.

And since you did the OTA it might be a good time to bite the bullet and wipe if you haven't.

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow
Are you flashing BOTH SLOTS with the flash tool? Use Pixel Flasher and force flash both slots SEPARATELY don't choose the "both slots" button, it usually bricks for me. But see if thay fixes your problem. I couldn't use the android flash tool since about February of this year.

And since you did the OTA it might be a good time to bite the bullet and wipe if you haven't.
This sounds interesting. I'll try it today when I get home and post the results here.

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow

I tried the method that you described and indeed, for some time the phone worked on Android 13 (however, when it was turned on, it wrote that this device was suddenly damaged due to something, photo below). True, after 15-20 minutes of use, phone rebooted into the bootloop, just for no reason at all. I flashed exactly as you said, separately in each slot ...

Attachments

• PXL_20221124_232453478.jpg
    PXL_20221124_232453478.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

fil3s

I have had this screen when I soft bricked after flashing lineage os. I fixed it with flashtool. My exact setup is windows 11, flashtool through Microsoft edge with the options to force flash and wipe device checked in flashtool. Flashtool has rescued my p6pro many times with this setup.

Kirya27

Oct 19, 2015
Moscow
У меня был этот экран, когда я завис после прошивки Lineage OS. Починил флештулом. Моя точная настройка — это Windows 11, flashtool через Microsoft Edge с параметрами принудительной прошивки и очистки устройства, отмеченными во flashtool. С помощью этой настройки Flashtool много раз выручал мой p6pro.
I've tried this method many times. Exactly the same as you described. Either the phone simply did not start, or it loaded, but rebooted into an eternal reboot after 15 minutes

apis903

Oct 25, 2022
I have faced this issue and the only solution is by sending it to the service center. They said it is the system issue and they replaced mainboard with a new one. And yeah. They said it is not related to android 13 update

Josh.haveman1

Oct 28, 2021
I have faced this issue and the only solution is by sending it to the service center. They said it is the system issue and they replaced mainboard with a new one. And yeah. They said it is not related to android 13 update
They clearly designed these phones to fail. They implied they would be usable for 6 years, but like all previous google phones, it will brick itself within 2. This 6 Pro is definitely the last product I buy from Google. I've had 3 other Nexus/pixel phones, none of which lasted. My sister is still using my hand-me-down iPhone 7 that I dropped off a cliff.

I can't do iphones though, and I don't want to support slave labor.. so my options are extremely limited. I'm only going to buy smartphones produced in the USA. It's dangerously cheap to produce phones using the less strict labor and material laws of foreign countries, phones are being treated as disposable, which is unacceptable. My modified Nexus 5X is perfectly usable despite having half the CPU disabled and being a 7 year old phone, thanks to overclocking. Companies should not release a new device unless it is a worthy upgrade over the previous one. It should happen every 3 years, not every year.

I just hope other nerds wake up and stop supporting Google. We have to boycott Google until they create desirable products. Pixel is so undesirable that they spend their ad money on woke bull**** that no one cares about except the sheep, but they like iPhones. Google is just burning our money and ignoring our needs.

Edit: I'm just salty that I got scammed by Google. They lost all of their people who cared. Google is full of corrupt people who want to make a buck. Pixel 7 is essentially the exact same as Pixel 6. The lack of a pro mode in the camera app perfectly represents Google's priorities. It would take one developer a couple days to add such a feature to the app. Google is not doing ANYTHING good.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, you didn't mention you were using the latest Platform Tools, so I suggested it as that's one of the 1st steps of troubleshooting in these situations. You also didn't specifically mention using Android Flash Tool, so I suggested that as well.