[Android 13] [GApps] NikGApps [ARM64]

Search This thread

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
But do you know if you installed the setup wizard from nikgapps and tampered with the nikgapps.config ? My custom ROM is vanilla. I don’t know if I will be able to run CloudRestoreFlowActivity if I don’t install the GoogleRestore.
Code:
SetupWizard=1                   AppSet that controls Google Setup Wizard components
>>SetupWizard=0                 Package for Google Setup Wizard
>>GoogleRestore=1               Google Restore lets you restore the backup data
>>GoogleOneTimeInitializer=1    Lets you choose which apps to install during restore process while you’re going through initial setup

I found an article stating that the initial setup can normally not be skipped. Is it different on android 11 ? Or did you use some tricks ?

I used that method with my previous setup, crDroid 7 + Flamegapps, not Nikgapps.
No change to installation config, everything "stock", i simply selected to ignore the google restore when prompted to, on first boot.
Then checked that everything worked, then manually started restore, and everything went fine.

Sorry cant help you with that :( but you could do a quick try i think, and then if it doesn't work as espected, start again from scratch ;)

Reactions: fred_gaou

PHANX0M

Jun 6, 2015
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
LG G8
R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
  • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
  • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
  • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
  • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
  • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
  • NikGapps supports split-apks
  • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
  • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
  • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
  • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
  • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
  • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
  • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
  • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
  • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
  • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
» Core
» Basic
» Omni
» Stock
» Full
» Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
  • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
  • Flash NikGapps
  • Flash Debloater (Optional)
  • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
  • Flash Rom
  • Flash NikGapps
  • Reboot
How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
  • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
  • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
  • Dirty flash Rom
  • Flash newer version of NikGapps
How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
  • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
  • set mode=uninstall
  • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
Method 2
  • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
  • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
  • Reflash the rom
Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
It didn't work on my LG G8 Thinq with Lineage 18.1! It had the apps but kept saying google play services missing!

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
About nikgapps.config: on a clean install, if i put it in one of the folder listed in the faq (which i had to create manually, i have none on my storage actually), then i flash rom and format data, won't the config file get wiped out before i can install nikgapps packkages?
If I edit the nikgapps.config that's inside package zip, instead, will it be considered by the installation process? I find this second method easier

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
About nikgapps.config: on a clean install, if i put it in one of the folder listed in the faq (which i had to create manually, i have none on my storage actually), then i flash rom and format data, won't the config file get wiped out before i can install nikgapps packkages?
If I edit the nikgapps.config that's inside package zip, instead, will it be considered by the installation process? I find this second method easier
1. Yes. If you format data but that's not what we do after flashing rom, we usually do all the flashing and then format data (if needed)
2. Yes, you can extract the nikgapps.config and set use_zip_config=1 and further changes that you need and repack it back to the zip.

And yes, second method is easier.

• Love
Reactions: Lollauser

Puruixa

Jul 7, 2022
Thanks for your great work, I wasn't very involved in gapps, in fact until almost a year ago I thought that only opengapps existed, but since it wasn't updated for Android 12, looking for alternatives I found yours, it's amazing, the aesthetics of the website, the accessibility, how detailed everything is, it's a very good job, I don't know how it would be at the beginning, but now it's perfect.

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
Indeed, I sing Nikhil's praises over in the OnePlus 6T (fajita) and Motorola G7 Plus (lake) LOS forums for creating a top notch gapps package. They push MindTheGapps too much -- which is a full/bloated package option only unless you tweak it yourself before sideloading. I appreciate that Nikhil provides a core only package and imo superior customization and documentation too. This project should be the de facto standard Gapps in the ROM community.

NikGApps R Core on my device with Lineage 18.1 causes a Kernel wakelock at 7000000.ssusb and battery drain because the device can't go to deep sleep. I installed OpenGApps and the wakelock disappeared. To make sure that the wakelock was originated by NikGApps, with OpenGApps installed I debloated the OpenGApps package to get the same applications as NikGApps, and this time with OpenGApps the wakelock also happened. Does anyone know what file or addon can be installed to prevent this from happening?
Because it seems to be the lack of one or some files that causes this problem, I want to continue using NikGApps as it is the package with the fewest applications.

Last edited:

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
You could systematically readd one package at a time until the kernel crash disappears, but that would seem quite tedious. How many packages did you have to remove in total?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
NikGApps R Core on my device with Lineage 18.1 causes a Kernel wakelock at 7000000.ssusb and battery drain because the device can't go to deep sleep. I installed OpenGApps and the wakelock disappeared. To make sure that the wakelock was originated by NikGApps, with OpenGApps installed I debloated the OpenGApps package to get the same applications as NikGApps, and this time with OpenGApps the wakelock also happened. Does anyone know what file or addon can be installed to prevent this from happening?
Because it seems to be the lack of one or some files that causes this problem, I want to continue using NikGApps as it is the package with the fewest applications.
I responded to you on the telegram support group, please try that out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it any possibilty to make android auto addon instalabe to dirty rom?
    With A12 i was using AA version 20220222, and everything worked perfect. Now on A13 there isn't version to flash dirty, and it's take too much time, to make every rom update clean flash (and set everything again, and again).
    Please, say it's possible.
    Is there a way of installing ngapps on A13 without custom recovery with or w/o root?
    There's no LoS13 nor twrp for my moto G pro/stylus 2020 supporting api 33.

Maybe a working flasher? Gave a shot using smart flasher(discontinued) but it tried to install ngapps as a magisk module which obviously failed.
    Unfortunately there is no way other than flashing via recovery. I will however add support of flashing via flasher app in future.
    A couple things here.

I'm currently running IodeOS, which uses microG by default.

I would like to have the most very basic gapps required for google play games to run- I play Guardian Tales, which in my case requires my google account to log in.

I won't go into too much detail, but basically:

Could I install a nikgapps addon on top of microG that adds the necessary support for google play game?
    If that won't work, do I have to completely remove microG and install the core package, and then any addons?
    If so, what addons would I need? I get a platform error: 4010 when trying to login (but it's in game, so I'm not sure if that's actually from android).

I have both root (magisk) and custom recovery (twrp) installed and working.
    Installing actual gapps package on top of MicroG isn't the best idea. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of installing MicroG, ideally the issue should be fixed at MicroG end.
    I have a Moto G5 (XT1676, cedric). Have installed TWRP 3.5.2-9-0 via fastboot flash, then the official LineageOS 18 package via ADB sideload and then NikGapps Stock for Android 11 with TWRP from the phone's internal sdcard.

I could not flash the file NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20220908-signed.zip with ADB sideload - is that OK?

My phone's language is set to German, but much of the text in NikGapps (e.g. the Playstore) is in English. Is it possible to have German text also in the NikGapps? What can I do?
    For starters, I request you to share the installation logs so I could check if I can differentiate the language and put the text in German. And you should be able to install NikGapps stock via sideload, I can only confirm whats wrong after looking at the logs.
    I am running the full gapps version for A12 on a Lineage 19.1 OS for my Moto G100.

I flashed the gapps after my OS and prior to Magisk.

My question is - the nikgapps is appearing as a magisk module. Is that normal? Everything appears to be behaving properly. I am a bit afraid of something (or maybe me accidently) disabling the magisk module and things not behaving. I am just wondering if I should be concerned.

I had a similar configuration in the past on other devices and don't remember nikgapps appearing as a magisk module. I am also wondering how that happened since (1) I flashed it prior to magisk and (2) I flashed it through recovery and not through magisk.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    As long as you flashed it in recovery, you shouldn't be concerned but I'm surprised to see that it's appearing as a module, that's not how I built it, can you please share the installation logs so I can check what happened there?
    sorry if its been already answered (would be nice to add to the faq), is it possible to dirty flash "upgrade" packages from core > basic etc as with other gapps?
    currently on a13, but found many of the stock aosp apps to be bugged and would like to stay on the rom for a bit longer
    Yes certainly you can. But there are a few apps that works best when clean flashed such as GBoard, Android Auto so while upgrading the variant, if you come across those apps, those apps won't install. Rest should be fine.
    Is it any possibilty to make android auto addon instalabe to dirty rom?
    With A12 i was using AA version 20220222, and everything worked perfect. Now on A13 there isn't version to flash dirty, and it's take too much time, to make every rom update clean flash (and set everything again, and again).
    Please, say it's possible.
    Its possible to flash but you won't be happy with it since Android auto works perfectly only when clean flashed.
    Hi, i've a problem: LineageOS 19.1 for Redmi 5 + NikGApps SL FULL = No call recording. 🥺
    Is possible to fix? Thank you so much. 🤖
    You can set GoogleDialer=2 in nikgapps.config and flash NikGapps, that way you'll be keeping aosp dialer along with Google Dialer and aosp one has call recording support.
    Hi!
    I got a ginkgo with CrDroid v9 and I wanna flash some NikGApps addons which cannot be dirty flashed. I am not able to find the runtime-permissions.xml file, what should I do? I don't want to format my Android again.

Thanks!
    Find this /data/misc_de/*/apexdata/com.android.permission/runtime_permissions.xml and delete it
    lineage OS 20 boot failed with nikgapps but work with mind the Gapps.
    Can you attach the installation logs? Was it successful? Are you 100% sure you flashed the correct android version? You're supposed to flash NikGapps-T for lineageos 20.
    I reproduce the issue and adb pull the logs. But now I'm in trouble, lineage os recovery seem could not flash UnInstall.zip correctly (renamed to UnInstall.zip, E.g. magisk.zip rename to UnInstall.zip still installed magisk)
    And there is no other recovery available for my device.
    o_O
    Check my above posts regarding how to uninstall, or the website (blog page), that'll help you. There are more ways to uninstall.
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!