[Android 13] [GApps] NikGApps [ARM64]

Search This thread

GPSMapper

Apr 11, 2009
Xiaomi 12
I am having troubles with Nikgapps Full on top of LineageOS 19.1 builds -
Google device setup wizard (copy from old phone) stops working.
With mindthegaps there is no issue.

If I need to use a restore wiard from another android or google backup - should I use Omni at minimum (which includes Device setup wizard)?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I am having troubles with Nikgapps Full on top of LineageOS 19.1 builds -
Google device setup wizard (copy from old phone) stops working.
With mindthegaps there is no issue.

If I need to use a restore wiard from another android or google backup - should I use Omni at minimum (which includes Device setup wizard)?
You can try this

Flash NikGapps core and pixel setup wizard addon after flashing the rom.

Also, you can find which package contains what from here

SteveC5

Sep 30, 2022
OK, first of all, I just rooted and installed crDroid on my Poco F3 including NikGapps basic and it's all fantastic. Far faster, and seemingly more reliable than MIUI (especially for apps that need background connectivity and MIUI seems determined to kill in the name of battery).

However, I have one problem. Android Auto refuses to work because it wasn't "stock". Installing the Play store version doesn't cut it and it just won't connect to the car.

So, I came back to see about nikgapps.config changes and process to update, but I'm completely lost.

1. Looking at my nikgapps.config file, it already has an "=1" after AndroidAuto. However, unless I'm missing something, very little in that file reflects the install options of BASIC. Is there a model of "BASIC" that I can tweak simply to get Auto
2. I have no idea how to trigger an update if I do make changes. Do I simply go back into TWRP and re-install?
3. Finally, given I've set up the phone before discovering this, is it even possible for me to add Android Auto in a way that will allow me to use it with the car?

Thanks!

SteveC5

Sep 30, 2022
OK, first of all, I just rooted and installed crDroid on my Poco F3 including NikGapps basic and it's all fantastic. Far faster, and seemingly more reliable than MIUI (especially for apps that need background connectivity and MIUI seems determined to kill in the name of battery).

However, I have one problem. Android Auto refuses to work because it wasn't "stock". Installing the Play store version doesn't cut it and it just won't connect to the car.

So, I came back to see about nikgapps.config changes and process to update, but I'm completely lost.

1. Looking at my nikgapps.config file, it already has an "=1" after AndroidAuto. However, unless I'm missing something, very little in that file reflects the install options of BASIC. Is there a model of "BASIC" that I can tweak simply to get Auto
2. I have no idea how to trigger an update if I do make changes. Do I simply go back into TWRP and re-install?
3. Finally, given I've set up the phone before discovering this, is it even possible for me to add Android Auto in a way that will allow me to use it with the car?

Thanks!
Ahh, I just dug more, noticed another folder with addons that included Auto. But it can't be installed "Dirty", So I guess I'm back to square one on re-installing crDroid and starting from there...?

Cryn_058

Jun 9, 2012
Redmi Note 8
On Android 11, Lineage 18.1. Installed NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20201231-signed. Seems like some apps (Gboard, YoutubeVanced) complain that the Google Play Store is missing. Did I miss something?

When I use the Gboard app and try to use the GIF keyboard, it gives a toast "Oh no something went wrong". In the logcat:

1-09 10:21:43.344 4086 18812 W ShareContentUtils: ShareContentUtils.getUriForExistingFileOrAbsent():88 Couldn't get content URI for file /data/data/com.android.inputmethod.latin/files/share_content/tenor_gif/tenor_gif7272035248336528468.gif
01-09 10:21:43.346 4086 4086 E ImageShareWorker: ImageShareWorker.performPrelimShareChecks():257 All content is unshareable
01-09 10:21:43.356 4086 4790 W GooglePlayServicesUtil: com.android.inputmethod.latin requires the Google Play Store, but it is missing.

Also when I install YoutubeVanced root version, it also complains that the Google Play Store is missing. Not sure if other apps are affected.

Is this an known issue? Tried searching the thread for missing Google Play Store, but nothing showed up.
Hey! Did you ever found a solution to this?

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
Ahh, I just dug more, noticed another folder with addons that included Auto. But it can't be installed "Dirty", So I guess I'm back to square one on re-installing crDroid and starting from there...?

Yes, i'm afraid :(
Same problem for me, i had to start again from scratch, because Auto (and Voice Match, in my case) needs to be flashed "clean" right after the rom

mordjinn

May 20, 2008
Running LineageOS 18.1 (20220926) on oneplus3 (3T). Installed Nikgapps full package for Android 11 (R), build 20220908.
The sole reason I chose the Full package was because of Android Auto. After flashing Nikgapps, no Android Auto. So went ahead and installed it from Play Store, only to get error 22 when connected to the car's USB port.
Then I realized Nikgapps had an addon meant to install Android Auto. I downloaded the matching version of the Android Auto addon (20220908), but when I tried to flash it I got an Error 1, and the following message:

"Cannot flash AndroidAuto now as you will run into issues! Wipe /data if you still want to install it. You must always flash AndroidAuto before booting into Rom!"
Screenshot_2022-10-10-19-41-11.png

I understand Android Auto's error 22 has to do with the fact it needs to be installed on /system. I just don't understand why I need to wipe /data just to flash Android Auto. Am I missing something, or this is a limitation? Thanks!

jbm76

Hey I'm having an issue on a13 NikGapps core.

--> Fetching system size
- /system available size: 1032320 KB
- /product available size: 1016708 KB
- /system_ext available size: 1012172 KB
- Total available size: 3061200 KB
- Gapps Size: 184507 KB

--> Starting the install process
unzip: short read
- Installing GooglePlayStore
mkdir: can't create directory '/system/product/priv-app/Phonesky': Read-only file system
chown: /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky: No such file or directory
mkdir: can't create directory '/system/product/priv-app/Phonesky': Read-only file system
/tmp/updater: /dev/tmp/pkgContent/installer.sh[78]: can't create /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk: No such file or directory
- Failed to write /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk

I have tried mounting /system.

Anyone know how to get around this?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello, I need a Gapps with restore Google settings on the first boot. A13 please.

This is the same for me. I have susuccessfully flashed my Note 8 with Android 13 but unable to restore my backup. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Which NikGapps variant did you flash? You're supposed to flash NikGapps core + Pixel Setup Wizard (or Google Setup Wizard) addon. In order to get the backup/restore feature.

Also flash everything before first boot.

Reactions: gaja22

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hey I'm having an issue on a13 NikGapps core.

--> Fetching system size
- /system available size: 1032320 KB
- /product available size: 1016708 KB
- /system_ext available size: 1012172 KB
- Total available size: 3061200 KB
- Gapps Size: 184507 KB

--> Starting the install process
unzip: short read
- Installing GooglePlayStore
/tmp/updater: /dev/tmp/pkgContent/installer.sh[78]: can't create /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk: No such file or directory
- Failed to write /system/product/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk

I have tried mounting /system.

Anyone know how to get around this?
Did you flash it on top of gsi?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Running LineageOS 18.1 (20220926) on oneplus3 (3T). Installed Nikgapps full package for Android 11 (R), build 20220908.
The sole reason I chose the Full package was because of Android Auto. After flashing Nikgapps, no Android Auto. So went ahead and installed it from Play Store, only to get error 22 when connected to the car's USB port.
Then I realized Nikgapps had an addon meant to install Android Auto. I downloaded the matching version of the Android Auto addon (20220908), but when I tried to flash it I got an Error 1, and the following message:

"Cannot flash AndroidAuto now as you will run into issues! Wipe /data if you still want to install it. You must always flash AndroidAuto before booting into Rom!"
View attachment 5731623

I understand Android Auto's error 22 has to do with the fact it needs to be installed on /system. I just don't understand why I need to wipe /data just to flash Android Auto. Am I missing something, or this is a limitation? Thanks!
Otherwise Android auto may crash at some point and will not function properly. Same is the case with Google clock/GBoard.

crab-it

Nov 8, 2021
Queensland, Australia
Which NikGapps variant did you flash? You're supposed to flash NikGapps core + Pixel Setup Wizard (or Google Setup Wizard) addon. In order to get the backup/restore feature.

Also flash everything before first boot.
Hi Nik,

Just an update by carrying out your suggestion it does then allow the transfer to be done. There are a couple of things that are not 100% working. When configuring the wifi it will not allow you to set a static IP address and DNS servers for some reason. The second issue is Trebuchet keeps stopping I have cleared the cache and data and rebooted but it still crashes. I am now in the process of copying from the original device to see if this works.

Having copied the data from my original phone the system still crashes with Trebuchet. Closing the app blanks the screen and I can not do anything more with the system. That was with a fresh build of Lineageos 20.1, the Core and Pixel Setup.

The files used are:
twrp-3.7.0_9-0-greatlte.img
lineage-20.0-20221004-UNOFFICIAL-greatlte.zip
NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20220908-signed.zip
NikGapps-Addon-13-PixelSetupWizard-20220908-signed.zip

Last edited:
I clean-flashed the full SL package on the same recovery session, after LineageOS 19.1 on my Xperia XZ2 phone. Pixel Launcher didn't show up. Only Trebuchet was there. Then, I dirty-flashed the Pixel Launcher addon. It overwrote Trebuchet, but it crashes all the time. Any advices?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018-173931_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20221018-173931_Pixel Launcher.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 11

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I clean-flashed the full SL package on the same recovery session, after LineageOS 19.1 on my Xperia XZ2 phone. Pixel Launcher didn't show up. Only Trebuchet was there. Then, I dirty-flashed the Pixel Launcher addon. It overwrote Trebuchet, but it crashes all the time. Any advices?
Try flashing pixel launcher from pixelify magisk module till the time the issue is resolved. The issue is known for android 13, are you facing it on latest (dated) available addon?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi Nik,

Just an update by carrying out your suggestion it does then allow the transfer to be done. There are a couple of things that are not 100% working. When configuring the wifi it will not allow you to set a static IP address and DNS servers for some reason. The second issue is Trebuchet keeps stopping I have cleared the cache and data and rebooted but it still crashes. I am now in the process of copying from the original device to see if this works.

Having copied the data from my original phone the system still crashes with Trebuchet. Closing the app blanks the screen and I can not do anything more with the system. That was with a fresh build of Lineageos 20.1, the Core and Pixel Setup.

The files used are:
twrp-3.7.0_9-0-greatlte.img
lineage-20.0-20221004-UNOFFICIAL-greatlte.zip
NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20220908-signed.zip
NikGapps-Addon-13-PixelSetupWizard-20220908-signed.zip
Any chance you flashed Pixel Launcher too? Trebuchet is not supposed to crash with mere core + Pixel Setup Wizard addon.

WiFi not allowing you to set static ip might not be related to gapps, is it working when you don't flash gapps and use Los?

crab-it

Nov 8, 2021
Queensland, Australia
Any chance you flashed Pixel Launcher too? Trebuchet is not supposed to crash with mere core + Pixel Setup Wizard addon.

WiFi not allowing you to set static ip might not be related to gapps, is it working when you don't flash gapps and use Los?
Hi Nik,

I only flashed the device with the files listed in my last post, I believe it does not include the Pixel Laucher. The static IP address can also not be set when just using LOS. It allows you to enter the information but when entering connect it returns to the connect screen. Once again if you enter the default setting without setting the static address it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way of installing ngapps on A13 without custom recovery with or w/o root?
    There's no LoS13 nor twrp for my moto G pro/stylus 2020 supporting api 33.

Maybe a working flasher? Gave a shot using smart flasher(discontinued) but it tried to install ngapps as a magisk module which obviously failed.
    Unfortunately there is no way other than flashing via recovery. I will however add support of flashing via flasher app in future.
    A couple things here.

I'm currently running IodeOS, which uses microG by default.

I would like to have the most very basic gapps required for google play games to run- I play Guardian Tales, which in my case requires my google account to log in.

I won't go into too much detail, but basically:

Could I install a nikgapps addon on top of microG that adds the necessary support for google play game?
    If that won't work, do I have to completely remove microG and install the core package, and then any addons?
    If so, what addons would I need? I get a platform error: 4010 when trying to login (but it's in game, so I'm not sure if that's actually from android).

I have both root (magisk) and custom recovery (twrp) installed and working.
    Installing actual gapps package on top of MicroG isn't the best idea. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of installing MicroG, ideally the issue should be fixed at MicroG end.
    I have a Moto G5 (XT1676, cedric). Have installed TWRP 3.5.2-9-0 via fastboot flash, then the official LineageOS 18 package via ADB sideload and then NikGapps Stock for Android 11 with TWRP from the phone's internal sdcard.

I could not flash the file NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20220908-signed.zip with ADB sideload - is that OK?

My phone's language is set to German, but much of the text in NikGapps (e.g. the Playstore) is in English. Is it possible to have German text also in the NikGapps? What can I do?
    For starters, I request you to share the installation logs so I could check if I can differentiate the language and put the text in German. And you should be able to install NikGapps stock via sideload, I can only confirm whats wrong after looking at the logs.
    I am running the full gapps version for A12 on a Lineage 19.1 OS for my Moto G100.

I flashed the gapps after my OS and prior to Magisk.

My question is - the nikgapps is appearing as a magisk module. Is that normal? Everything appears to be behaving properly. I am a bit afraid of something (or maybe me accidently) disabling the magisk module and things not behaving. I am just wondering if I should be concerned.

I had a similar configuration in the past on other devices and don't remember nikgapps appearing as a magisk module. I am also wondering how that happened since (1) I flashed it prior to magisk and (2) I flashed it through recovery and not through magisk.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    As long as you flashed it in recovery, you shouldn't be concerned but I'm surprised to see that it's appearing as a module, that's not how I built it, can you please share the installation logs so I can check what happened there?
    sorry if its been already answered (would be nice to add to the faq), is it possible to dirty flash "upgrade" packages from core > basic etc as with other gapps?
    currently on a13, but found many of the stock aosp apps to be bugged and would like to stay on the rom for a bit longer
    Yes certainly you can. But there are a few apps that works best when clean flashed such as GBoard, Android Auto so while upgrading the variant, if you come across those apps, those apps won't install. Rest should be fine.
    Is it any possibilty to make android auto addon instalabe to dirty rom?
    With A12 i was using AA version 20220222, and everything worked perfect. Now on A13 there isn't version to flash dirty, and it's take too much time, to make every rom update clean flash (and set everything again, and again).
    Please, say it's possible.
    Its possible to flash but you won't be happy with it since Android auto works perfectly only when clean flashed.
    Hi, i've a problem: LineageOS 19.1 for Redmi 5 + NikGApps SL FULL = No call recording. 🥺
    Is possible to fix? Thank you so much. 🤖
    You can set GoogleDialer=2 in nikgapps.config and flash NikGapps, that way you'll be keeping aosp dialer along with Google Dialer and aosp one has call recording support.
    lineage OS 20 boot failed with nikgapps but work with mind the Gapps.
    Can you attach the installation logs? Was it successful? Are you 100% sure you flashed the correct android version? You're supposed to flash NikGapps-T for lineageos 20.
    I reproduce the issue and adb pull the logs. But now I'm in trouble, lineage os recovery seem could not flash UnInstall.zip correctly (renamed to UnInstall.zip, E.g. magisk.zip rename to UnInstall.zip still installed magisk)
    And there is no other recovery available for my device.
    o_O
    Check my above posts regarding how to uninstall, or the website (blog page), that'll help you. There are more ways to uninstall.
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!