How To Guide April 2, 2024 AP1A.240405.002 Global - Root Pixel 6 Pro [Raven]

Search This thread

ttle54

Sep 19, 2018
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I flashed the Android 13 Factory Image on my Pixel 6 Pro. Everything is great so far aside from I can't roll back to Android 12. It's fine, no need to go back

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-172949.png
    Screenshot_20220815-172949.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT
Yes. However I wasn't able to update via automatic OTA on my Pixel 5.
Yeah I updated to the last 12 build and then tried seeing if it would OTA to 13 but wouldn't so I just re-rooted. I already pulled the 13 zips but wanted a definitive answer before I tried that. Will likely do it sometime tomorrow.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
You are correct.

I did:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-raven-slider-1.2-8739948.img
fastboot reboot

And I'm booted into Android 12 still just fine. Below is the command prompt output:

Note to anyone, if after upgrading to 13 you want to downgrade to 12 using a full factory image's flash-all.bat, you'll at minimum have to either remove Android 12's bootloader flash line from the file, or replace it with fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-raven-slider-1.2-8739948.img (and have the right bootloader file in the same folder). Either should work fine.
Let's just hope that ARB is only tied to downgrading to the A12 bootloader and not other parts of the OS as well.

Google's statement wasn't exactly clearcut in my mind. I think a bad result could potentially lead to a more than undesirable outcome, if you know what I mean. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid 🙃

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Let's just hope that ARB is only tied to downgrading to the A12 bootloader and not other parts of the OS as well.

Google's statement wasn't exactly clearcut in my mind. I think a bad result could potentially lead to a more than undesirable outcome, if you know what I mean. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid 🙃
So when factory installing through flash-all, the default installation of A13 is to one slot and not both?

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
Haven't seen anyone get V4A working on A13 on the Pixel 6 series. JamesDSP, however, does work.
Quick question, do you know if JamesDSP automatically switches audio profiles when you connect to different audio devices like V4a does? Currently using V4A and contemplating trying out JamesDSP just so I can update to Android 13 lol

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
So what is the correct way to install it to BOTH slots, before booting into the system?
After flashing to your active slot, just change slots and flash again.

Unrelated device, but with A/B slots:
fastboot --set-active=a
If you're on slot b
fastboot --set-active=b
If you're on slot a

You can see which slot you were already active on after adb reboot bootloader (on the Fastboot screen) three items from the very bottom it will say:
or

The change slot command reflects immediately on that screen.

I just did all this.

Last edited:

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

You can see which slot you were already active on after adb reboot bootloader (on the Fastboot screen) three items from the very bottom it will say:

or

I just did all this.
This is correct. I actually did this when updating to A13 stable so I would have A13 on both slots in case things got funky. Confirmed 👍

radekmazur

Sep 20, 2015

or

I just did all this.
I'm sorry. I don't want to screw it up.
Do I use the official android flash tool? Is there an option there to reboot into inactive slot or do I need to use fastboot/adb to update to A13.
I only used adb to update monthly. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts