General Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2

Search This thread

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Here is the skinny on the latest beta. I'm not inclined to run betas but seeing the improvements and Google saying it's stable to run as a daily I'm seriously considering it. Has anyone bit on this yet? One major reason I'd like to try it is the fixed FPR from unlock to adding a new one. Well anyway, here is the straight dope.

edit: I just bit the bullet and enrolled. I'll post later or tomorrow with initial thoughts and results. Naturally, I flipped the OEM switch. ;-)

Edit 2: first time in a month I could add a finger print. Instant unlock finally.

Edit 3: Beta 2 released today

Last edited:

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
I stand corrected. I hate in display finger print scanners. They may work good without a screen protector, I don't know because I always use one. But get a little dirt on it or dry or wet finger, and it's bad. I like it much better on the power button or back.

NuclearBastard

May 22, 2012
I stand corrected. I hate in display finger print scanners. They may work good without a screen protector, I don't know because I always use one. But get a little dirt on it or dry or wet finger, and it's bad. I like it much better on the power button or back.
Did you happen to re-register all your fingerprints after putting a screen protector?
If so, then yeah, bummer. I hear ya.

If not, try that and let us know how it behaves then :)

Reactions: dexlemaffo

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Rather than start a new QPR1 Beta thread I just changed it to Beta 2 which was just released. Installing now and I'll post if I see any major differences. Beta 1 has been rock solid so I'm not sure what they needed to fix but we'll see.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I cannot figure predictive back on beta 2. Phone app updated to 9.0 as well. The transitions are super fast and some are animated. The phone is very responsive. Fpr 100% so far but now I jinxed it. Damn. It's like a different phone but ymmv.

edit: Turned it off then back on, updated all apps and now predictive back works on the phone app so far. It's pretty cool, try it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the skinny on the latest beta. I'm not inclined to run betas but seeing the improvements and Google saying it's stable to run as a daily I'm seriously considering it. Has anyone bit on this yet? One major reason I'd like to try it is the fixed FPR from unlock to adding a new one. Well anyway, here is the straight dope.

edit: I just bit the bullet and enrolled. I'll post later or tomorrow with initial thoughts and results. Naturally, I flipped the OEM switch. ;-)

Edit 2: first time in a month I could add a finger print. Instant unlock finally.

Edit 3: Beta 2 released today
    Rather than start a new QPR1 Beta thread I just changed it to Beta 2 which was just released. Installing now and I'll post if I see any major differences. Beta 1 has been rock solid so I'm not sure what they needed to fix but we'll see.
    Good stuff...I'm in!

I cannot figure predictive back on beta 2. Phone app updated to 9.0 as well. The transitions are super fast and some are animated. The phone is very responsive. Fpr 100% so far but now I jinxed it. Damn. It's like a different phone but ymmv.

edit: Turned it off then back on, updated all apps and now predictive back works on the phone app so far. It's pretty cool, try it.
    I agree Fingerprint Rec is now Fixed. :D