Dec 4, 2012
Warsaw
Call settings keep crashing
Screenshot_20221130_235835_Nova7.jpg

Last edited:

M4jQ

Dec 4, 2012
Warsaw
Interesting!! I have the completely opposite experience, fingerprint reader much more reliable now.
for me it is very annoying - previously I used to enter my password once a week and now it happens to me several times a day because the failure to recognize my fingerprint several times forces me to use a password (and I have a long one)

jenda.69

Nov 23, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I have no problems with fingerprint recognition. But since I updated 4 days ago, the fingerprint reader didn't "light up" on turned off screen several times already.

I also experienced very heavy battery drain the day after I installed the update - 35% over night, then ~15%/hour during short geocaching hike. But rebooting the phone fixed that.

Other than that, I don't really see any difference in speed/performance - I feel it's identically great as it was before.

Oh and the new "pocket detection" screen with swipe up is really annoying and difficult to unlock.

_Jp1

Dec 7, 2022
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else lost the ability to use the cellular band selection hidden network setting - under the Call Settings menu? I'm not able to access it in Android 13. It says the app is no longer installed.

This is the menu: com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.hiddennetworksetting.MainActivity

KasraIDK

Dec 7, 2022
Update went smoothly for me, no hiccups or crashing problems after it.

Biggest problem I've had so far, like jenda.69 mentioned, is the new accidental touch protection screen, not sure why Samsung felt the need to change something when it was already working well. I could not for the life of me unlock the screen.

Other than that, I'd say everything else is pretty good. Mini stutters from OneUI 4 are fixed, like the ones that happened often in the quick settings menu. Personally I prefer the animations from OneUI 4 but I don't have a problem with the new ones either. The new clock font options are pretty slick as well.

Lastly some nitpicks; The default animated call screen is gone which is a very minor thing but I did like that gradient animation a lot and how it changed according to contact pictures. New one is pretty dull. Samsung didn't make use of the new Android 13 media player either which is kinda disappointing but I don't have too big a problem with that.

Overall a decent update. 9/10 has a little something for everyone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got January security update, changelog said it's with bug fixes.

App switcher is still broken with 3rd party launcher.

The eye comfort filter asked for location permission after update, but it still randomly stops working after waking the phone up.

New broken thing: I have set up Nova Launcher to turn the screen off on double tap. After the update, this gesture just locks screen and doesn't turn it off. (There's also alternative mode, which turns it off but it blocks fingerprint unlock.)

😫
    installing right now - T-Mobile, Czech republic
    Had the same issue but with Settings app

You need to wipe cache and repair apps by plugging in the phone into PC, then turn off phone and hold launch button + volume up, fixed issues for me!

adb shell pm install-existing com.google.android.tts :)
    The fp recognition works much worse than on the A12
    Interesting!! I have the completely opposite experience, fingerprint reader much more reliable now.
    Just got January security update, changelog said it's with bug fixes.

App switcher is still broken with 3rd party launcher.

The eye comfort filter asked for location permission after update, but it still randomly stops working after waking the phone up.

New broken thing: I have set up Nova Launcher to turn the screen off on double tap. After the update, this gesture just locks screen and doesn't turn it off. (There's also alternative mode, which turns it off but it blocks fingerprint unlock.)

😫