Question Android 13

Search This thread

krusir

I tried both TMO and TMB flavor for SM-F721U to my SM-F721U1. Flash went through, no errors.
However, Mobile 4G and 5G both grey out. Access Point Name screen says this user does not have permission.
I finally have to do a full wipe with A12 VZW build for SM-F721U1.
Spend almost half day since this morning. Finally have a working phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: fletch33

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
I got the OTA update to Android 13. Have not had time to look at any improvements, but it came through this morning.

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
Same here. Bought from Samsung.com in US, so you should be seeing it anytime now.

kabuk1

US unlocked here and still nothing. This is stupid, I'm about to just flash TMO.

I read something about US unlocked being delayed because Samsung waits until all carriers have pushed it first and DISH/Boost mobile is still sitting on their butts, I dunno how true that is though.

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
Samsung gets a lot of praise being fast with updates but the fact that the unlocked version still hasn't gotten anything is pathetic

Reactions: kabuk1

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
This is the Samsung of old. They use to be the worst, which is why I stopped buying them and switched to Pixel, back then Nexus. Then they made their new commitment and won me back and my s21 unlocked got them fast. But this is making me think next year I may go moto, oppo, or any other brand foldable once again.

kabuk1

So I went ahead and flashed Tmo A13. Standard Odin rules did indeed apply- BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC. No issues at all, was totally painless aside from ADB being temperamental about uninstalling that Tmo PR adapt crap but I got it work after a bit of fiddling.

I might flash back to U1 once the official update is out but so far so good! As far as I know this can be done with any carrier FW, just be aware that flashing CSC or USERDATA will wipe your device.

Reactions: mrsatan

Ford_Tech

Jan 18, 2010
S.E. Louisiana
Tap tap tap, is this thing on? Samsung my software is NOT up to date, get with it already! :rolleyes:

52571892108_6fc075f397_n.jpg

krusir

It's here, finally. Somehow it does not have VZW flavor, I took USC build for my F721U1 with US Mobile. (Verizon MVNO) It works perfect.

FYI for the downloaded firmware. SM-F721U1_1_20221128184831_q9g2ig5w3n_fac_F721U1UEU1BVKB_F721U1OYM1BVKB_F721U1UEU1BVKB_F721U1UEU1BVKB_USC.zip Flashed with ODIN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219_120139_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221219_120139_Settings.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z flip 4 is supposed to get OneUI 5.0 with A13 in November, but it just received the November security patch without A13. Do you think that A13 will get delayed for our phone?
    What about performance? Any significant variances against A12? How's the battery life?
    No massive changes, but does seem snappier. Ram Memory management is improved over A11 in my opinion.
    Battery life for me is exactly the same.
    I knew that u1 is the Google Fi version. But what exactly is the software different between the two? You can use non fi sim card on an u1.
    The only difference between the two is the carrier (U) firmware has carrier specific features, not apps, that aren't in the unlocked (U1) firmware. For example, people who have AT&T as their carrier, such as myself, can get AT&T's 5G+ an I have no idea what AT&T's 5G+ even is. Also the U1 version isn't the Google Fi version, I'm guessing when you buy a Google Fi Z flip they use the unlocked variant and just put a sim card inside of it.
    I tried both TMO and TMB flavor for SM-F721U to my SM-F721U1. Flash went through, no errors.
    However, Mobile 4G and 5G both grey out. Access Point Name screen says this user does not have permission.
    I finally have to do a full wipe with A12 VZW build for SM-F721U1.
    Spend almost half day since this morning. Finally have a working phone.
    Samsung gets a lot of praise being fast with updates but the fact that the unlocked version still hasn't gotten anything is pathetic