General Android 13

Search This thread

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
With the new system release (Android 13) the volume levels can be managed again by the music apps, as Poweramp and UAPP Player, so it is possible to choose an higher number of steps, as 50 or 100, which is quite useful when listening music with headphones. In Android 12 the volume levels were limited to 30 in Sony Xperia models (which was not that bad in any case)

lance6716

Feb 17, 2015
Not all regions received the update, flashing manually from another you will not receive the next update over the air.

did you specify slot a?
newflasher set_active:a
Hi, do you know how to find the original region? I bought a used phone and it can't get OTA, I guess that's because it's in the wrong region

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Finally upgraded my 10 III to A13 yesterday and rooted with Magisk. Everything works fine except there is a nasty bug on notification bar. All notifications would disappear after a while. Some said after the screen is turned off. I don't know exactly how it's triggered. But many are reporting the same issue with other Xperia phones on A13 in Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/ytlutw

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
For the disappearing notification issue, I think the problem appears only if I select "Don't show any notification" in lock screen settings.

And I found a temporary fix.

In Settings > Notifications > Notification on lock screen, select "Show conversations, default and silent". Then enable "Sensitive notifications" and "Keep notifications". Then select "Don't show any notification".

I suspect Android mistakenly take into consideration these 2 checkboxes during some redraw of the notification bar. Should be a minor fix for Sony.

combinedfleet

Jun 13, 2019
With today's 62.2.A.0.428 update the on-screen keyboard hiding bug is still present. Very disappointing. Maybe it's just me, but this makes the gesture navigation mode nearly impossible to use.
I discovered that the issue only affects the bottom part of the bottom "bar" near the screen's edge. If you tap or tap and hold on the half that is closer to the edge of the screen, you can switch to the previous app, but it's not supposed to work like that.
So what happens when you tap the down arrow to hide the keyboard is that both the down-arrow gets pressed, and the bottom half of the bar is tapped as well, triggering the unwanted switch to the previously used app.
If you are very careful, you can tap the bottom part of the down-arrow so that the keyboard is hidden and the app is not switched.

On another note, I get the impression that the screen somehow looks even worse than with with the initial Android 13 release, which already looked worse than Android 12 to me. I'm talking about the infamous greenish hue / bit depth crushing effect.

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
What kind of System navigation are you using? I guess the classic 3-buttons, did you tried with the Gesture navigation?
I think the last one is far better and intuitive, and I have no problem in collapsing the keyboard (since you have to swipe the screen if you want to go back ...)

I also don't see any problem with the screen after any Android updates.

combinedfleet

Jun 13, 2019
I am using gesture navigation. It worked perfectly in Android 12 and 11, problems started with the "upgrade" to Android 13.
To trigger this bug, you have to:
  1. Switch to the previous app by flicking to the right near the bottom of the screen.
  2. Bring the on-screen keyboard into view.
  3. Tap anywhere inside of a 84 pixels-high rectangular area located at the bottom of the screen.
In my case, this always results in an abrupt and unwanted switch to the app I've just switched from.
I've created a couple of videos with the rectangular area marked in green to hopefully illustrate the problem better:

It happens with all apps and apparently is not related to the on-screen keyboard I use. But just in case, do you use Gboard or some other keyboard?

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
yes, you are right, it happens to me too with the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
When I collapse the keyboard the OS switches to the last app used (that is the one on the rightmost side of the windows list)
While everything is ok if you put the apps in multi-window view.
At the moment the only solution seems to be to not collapse the keyboard(!)

Reactions: combinedfleet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

few weeks ago, the Xperia 10 IV of my girlfriend got Android 13. After the update, the device works fine, with some new features (as the possibility to choose between set of colors for the UI).

From this page on the Sony website, it seems that also our device will be updated in the next future:

have a nice day!
    yes, you are right, it happens to me too with the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
    When I collapse the keyboard the OS switches to the last app used (that is the one on the rightmost side of the windows list)
    While everything is ok if you put the apps in multi-window view.
    At the moment the only solution seems to be to not collapse the keyboard(!)