Android 2.0 Developer preview available for Huawei Watch

Search This thread

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
We will get the OTA. That's it. If there is another preview at some point they will let us know

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
From the preview instructions:

"Caution:*After a watch is flashed with a Wear 2.0 preview image, subsequent releases can automatically be delivered via OTA, and may result in an automatic deletion of all data on the watch."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ahhahh

May 9, 2007
Madrid
One question: I've been searching for a while and couldn't find anything. Is three button click brightness boost working in AW 2.0 / DP?

blinde

Jul 12, 2010
Is there any way to toggle do not disturb mode on/off via watch to phone like in previous wear? All I can find is toggle to turn it on just on watch. Hate to do it on phone separately.

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
Is there any way to toggle do not disturb mode on/off via watch to phone like in previous wear? All I can find is toggle to turn it on just on watch. Hate to do it on phone separately.
Slide down and go-to brightness controls on the left. There is the theater mode in there for us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
I wasn't talking about theater mode. I meant how to toggle do not disturb mode on to phone with watch.

It's funny, the first couple versions of android wear used to be like this where the notifications were set independently between the watch and the phone, and I loved it.

I loathed the change to where they were synced up. Now that it's back to how it was before, I can't stand it and I prefer the synced up method :p

blinde

Jul 12, 2010
I loathed the change to where they were synced up. Now that it's back to how it was before, I can't stand it and I prefer the synced up method :p
Yeah, that sucks big time. At least they should give users chance to decide. It was so easy to just toggle do not disturb and not worry that phone starts to ring.

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
I understand there are a lot of different reports regarding batterylife.

Mine is a lot worse than on 1.5.

I have factory reset. The only thing installed is spotify, watchmaker and facer. I have the exact same watchface on watchmaker. I have the same settings as in 1.5. Always on. Wifi on (auto).

Now after like a day Im on batterysaving mode and 10% battery. Before I always had between 40-50% when I went to bed (which is in about 2 hours).

Really cannot understand how it can be so different. Im not interested to disable things to get more juice. I want it to be similar batterylife as in 1.5.

Any ideas if there are some service or anything in the background running which wasn't present in 1.5?

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I understand there are a lot of different reports regarding batterylife.

Mine is a lot worse than on 1.5.

I have factory reset. The only thing installed is spotify, watchmaker and facer. I have the exact same watchface on watchmaker. I have the same settings as in 1.5. Always on. Wifi on (auto).

Now after like a day Im on batterysaving mode and 10% battery. Before I always had between 40-50% when I went to bed (which is in about 2 hours).

Really cannot understand how it can be so different. Im not interested to disable things to get more juice. I want it to be similar batterylife as in 1.5.

Any ideas if there are some service or anything in the background running which wasn't present in 1.5?

Read this please. You need to give it at least 4-5 days to stabilize.
https://xdaforums.com/huawei-watch/general/bad-battery-life-read-factory-reset-t3474948

It takes me 4-5 days for battery to stabilize after all updates are synced. Right after install / factory reset, I get maybe 6-8 hours battery. After 4-5 days I get about 28-30 hours between charges (ambient on, gestures on, watch is used 24/7, Google Fit tracking all day, Sleep as Android tracking at night). I charge in the morning while showering every couple days.

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the tip. I will let it be for a few days and then i will complain again if needed ☺️

How is wifi supposed to work anyway? It is never connected until I go into settings
Then it suddenly connects. Is it only supposed to connect if it drops bluetooth connection?

3rdman

Apr 11, 2011
For what its worth, I flashed last night and today I had it with me for almost 13 hours and I only burned through 23%. I left WiFi and BT on but I do turn off the screen.

Thanks for the tip. I will let it be for a few days and then i will complain again if needed ☺️

How is wifi supposed to work anyway? It is never connected until I go into settings
Then it suddenly connects. Is it only supposed to connect if it drops bluetooth connection?

Also, some folks reported that battery life is terrible when tilt-to-wake is turned on. Try without that if you haven't yet.

Top Liked Posts