Pkt_Lnt

Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Last edited:

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
So 1 issue I'm Seeing with dp5 is battery. It runs great and I end with atleast 50% on most days. But once a week or so, something gets stuck somehow. I charge at night and usually wake up with 90% or so. On these random days, my watch will die early morning. Today for example, I wake up at 8, 90% left on watch. By 11am, it's dead. Battery details shows the big drop:

Screenshot_20170316-132448.png

But nothing about what may be causing it. ideas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So 1 issue I'm Seeing with dp5 is battery. It runs great and I end with atleast 50% on most days. But once a week or so, something gets stuck somehow. I charge at night and usually wake up with 90% or so. On these random days, my watch will die early morning. Today for example, I wake up at 8, 90% left on watch. By 11am, it's dead. Battery details shows the big drop:

View attachment 4077394

But nothing about what may be causing it. ideas?

sorry you are having issues. I'd try a fresh reset of the watch. Let it work itself in for 2 days and only then install additional apps and observe when it starts acting up again. The fact that it comes up with only 90% after an overnight charge is worrisome.

Reactions: hamagc

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
90% is me charging it at night then wearing it overnight in theater mode. Sorry that wasn't clear. I've considered resetting it but it's running so good other than this.

Would a bad app not show up in battery results?

Pkt_Lnt

Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
90% is me charging it at night then wearing it overnight in theater mode. Sorry that wasn't clear. I've considered resetting it but it's running so good other than this.

Would a bad app not show up in battery results?

No, but some updates will drain battery without showing in stats. Auto update apps, especially the Google app, can mess up battery drain for two or three days after they update. The Android Wear app last week did that to me. Do you have the watch Play Store set up to auto update? I have it off and check it every day in the evening just so I do not get surprises like this and at least I know the watch will have more drain after some updates.

Reactions: hamagc

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
Do you guys have always on / wake on tilt active?

With these settings in 1.5 i end up with 40% battery. After full days use (15 hours).
With exact same settings on dp5 I am down to 15% battery. (Tried for several days to be sure it wasn't a one timer)

If I turn off wake on tilt (still always on) I get 50% battery with 1.5 and 35-40% with DP5.

Big improvement with tilt off but the (for me) big difference between 1.5 and DP5 disturbs me.

I am using WatchMaker and face that never dims down. Works great in 1.5. Not so with dp5.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

blinde

Jul 12, 2010
There is apparently some bugs regarding the tilt gesture on 2.0 so that's normal for now.

F

Faspaiso

Remember when we had no speaker for phone calls and then a software update enabled it and we could use it?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...aker-inside-it-but-it-doesnt-do-anything-yet/
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...es-internal-speakers-brings-more-features.htm

Not saying there is NFC, but it could be there is one that is inactive like the speaker was.

No. The speaker was dormant and we knew it was there even before it was activated. Like we also know the NFC is not there. Tear downs..

F

Faspaiso

Do you have a link to a teardown that confirms that? I could not fine one.

So you don't think it would have been mentioned anywhere like the speaker?

Before the speaker, people were "Oh look, a speaker", but no one is "Oh look, NFC".

You can just see about every tear down on Youtube. They point out what most of the things are. Also, NFC chips is pretty easy to spot. They're almost 1x1cm in size.

Pkt_Lnt

Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
So you don't think it would have been mentioned anywhere like the speaker?

Before the speaker, people were "Oh look, a speaker", but no one is "Oh look, NFC".

You can just see about every tear down on Youtube. They point out what most of the things are. Also, NFC chips is pretty easy to spot. They're almost 1x1cm in size.

I have not seen it mentioned either yes or no at all about NFC, that is why I ask. Just because no one says "Oh look, NFC" does not mean anyone has stated, "Confirmed, no NFC". That is why I think there is some open question about the NFC existence in the Huawei W1.

The COMPLETE answer will be known soon, since you can not provide a link proving no existence.

F

Faspaiso

I have not seen it mentioned either yes or no at all about NFC, that is why I ask. Just because no one says "Oh look, NFC" does not mean anyone has stated, "Confirmed, no NFC". That is why I think there is some open question about the NFC existence in the Huawei W1.

The COMPLETE answer will be known soon, since you can not provide a link proving no existence.

It's still false hope. You know what an NFC looks like? You can just look for yourself through the tear down. There is none. It's big, easy to see and first ever talked about after GSMarena.

Magic_Knight

Jan 17, 2007
Monza
Forget about NFC, maybe the microprocessor could support it but there's no NFC antenna inside our Watch so no NFC.
2.0 firmware is ready since a long time and the only reason Huawei hasn't released it yet is they want to sell as many (crappy) Watch 2 as possible before doing it.

yot2703

Apr 24, 2013
Lod
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus One

Top Liked Posts