[Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+]

Whitecookie

Sep 7, 2010
Can it work for me?

I installed it on my Xperia X10i.
I think, that the driver has installed, but if i open the app, its checking for superuser.... i waited for more then 5 minutes but nothing! :confused:

EDIT:
Ok, after some reboots it opens now.... Great App!!

white-energy

Apr 9, 2010
Kyiv
Can anyone upload the apk ? market says that my country isn't supported... :/

Edit: Please! pm me :)

EDIT: CAN ANYONE FREAKING PASS ME THAT APK PLEASE!? I CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT! I'M NOT IN A SUPPORTED COUNTRY SO PLEASE NO EGOISM! :)

Last edited:

Scaryghoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2010
North East, MD
Great idea, I had a failed install by the way on my tablet.

Tablet specs(Archos 101):
  • Gpu - PowerVR Sgx530
  • Cpu - Ti Omap 3630

So it support it as far as the requirements go, the failed install is because it can't write to system, when indeed system is mounted as rw, maybe it's having an issue attempting to remount it as rw?

Some sort of manual install method would be nice, but if not I'll get it on there one way or another =P

On a higher note, this is working great for my phone, the Evo shift(Adreno 205 gpu).

Really looking forward to seeing what comes out of all of this(And possibly pushing out some extra fun/performance out of my wimpy tablet ^_^ )

edit: The writing to /system thing may be the issue since I think you might be trying to mount a device there that isn't the /system on the rom I'm using, it will probably have an issue with any device that is dual booting, maybe add a manual install option or an install option where you don't mess with the partitions and leave it to the user to mount as rw?

fakeedit: I tried to manual install it and failed, o.o completely wrecked havoc all over my tablet xD but it's booting once again(reinstall/ect). Really hope we can resolve this because if anything needs the power, it's my tablet not my phone =)

Last edited:

dyallo

Oct 2, 2010
So how do I...

...get Root (read/write) Access in Recovery? I'm running SGS II rooted using Chainfire 's insecure kernel on XWKE7.
I can only access Superuser via Shell...

If this has been discussed before, please direct me to where

Thanks,
Dyallo

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
...get Root (read/write) Access in Recovery? I'm running SGS II rooted using Chainfire 's insecure kernel on XWKE7.
I can only access Superuser via Shell...

If this has been discussed before, please direct me to where

Thanks,
Dyallo
On CF-Root just boot into recovery, ADB shell to it, and type "rootsh" (instead of "su") to have root shell access... if anything goes wrong, just "mount /system" and "/system/lib/cf3d_uninstall.sh" to remove the CF3D driver and restore the old one. Not very likely it will happen, but a good fallback option in case of issues (no need to reflash firmware or restore backup)

Sol Ido

Nov 3, 2010
BlueSky
robbieone.com
Impressive works ChainFire, sure you should have a lot of fun ;)

Confirmed to works on Toshiba Folio 100 on Cyanogen 7.1

It looks like the first stone of much more advanced applications, can't wait to see other plugins

Staxxthedan

Jan 30, 2009
Under His Wings
This is something I'd like to try out,
too bad I'm a complete nobody when it comes to this stuff.

A step-by-step guide on how to get this running, and I say it's worth 10 bucks in donation!

EDIT:
Or wait a minute. This is no ROM? And it doesn't need any specific ROM? Just root and install? Then I'm rooting, I'm doing it!
Now this is a PROPER noob. Ever wondered why noobs get burnt down like witches....

K

Kstarz

Works fine on my cm7 kang had to change my hboot though to data ++, the cm7 table is way to small for the driver lol great work chainfire and I'm hoping more devs will take a look at making plugins for this.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Rural

Nov 3, 2010
The answer is in the first post.
Thanks for answering. :)
You mean this, under Reduce Texture Size: "This is not compatible with all apps!"
Thing is, these particular apps are disturbed even without this mode checked / active.

Not trying to complain a lot here, just pointing on troubles that maybe can / will be fixed. :)

Rural

Nov 3, 2010
Did the possibility that current testers don't play either Angry Birds/Chuzzle occur to you?...I personally don't...You have no signature containing info abt ur phone or current ROM etc...Also, being polite always helps.
I've seen the same problem in other apps and games as well. These two just popped into my mind when I wrote the message. :)
And I think I was polite. If you / someone understood otherwise, then I apologize. :) I was in a hurry and pretty hungry.