[Android 2.2+GAME] Airbag Frank 3D - with support for 3D glasses!

Search This thread

dutty

Apr 28, 2004
android_0.png

Good news everyone, (Voice of Professor Farnsworth)

I'm not sure if anybody around here remembers me, but I've been involved in this community as a developer releasing helpful things, back when xda-developers was actually about xdas :) Things like the romkoch, the nbh tool, the famous wm6 premium rom and more.
However, in the meantime I've joined a great company called "drahtwerk" and we're developing awesome games and apps. I thought maybe you guys could check out our latest release (it's free) and of course it would be great if you'd support the cause by rating it in the store and sharing it with your friends and family.

EDIT: oh yeah, talking about senior. join date 04/2004 nearly ten years! :)

Check it out on the Google Play store: Airbag Frank 3D

Check out the trailer

Frank always wanted to fly! Help Frank reach for the stars in this incredibly cute and dazzingly fun game.

Launch Frank from his slingshot by dragging back the rubberband and catapult him into space.
Use your arsenal of powerful fruits and jetpacks to help Frank reach new heights.
Along his way Frank will encounter a variety of monsters that might help him to travel further.

・ EXPERIENCE REAL 3D WITH 3D GLASSES

Airbag Frank features real 3D rendering that pops up of the screen, all you need is a pair of anaglyph 3D glasses: red/blue, cyan/magenta and yellow/blue are supported.

・ MEET THE MONSTERS

There are many unique monsters to discover in Airbag Frank. When Frank lands on a crunch, he can
ride on his back for a short time. Or steal the balloon from a skullorm and fly away with it.

・ MORE THAN 30 UNLOCKABLES

Improve your reach by unlocking better slingshots, new fruits, monsters, costumes, jetpacks and more.
There are over 30 items to unlock and buy in the Airbag Frank shop.

・ FEATURE COMPLETE FREE VERSION

Yes! This is game is free, but there is not a single feature missing. But we do have a gold
version that you can buy for the price of candy bar if you want to support the developers
and ensure continued development of Airbag Frank.

・ IN-APP PURCHASE FREE

Yes, the game is free and you don't need to buy additional content to actually make it playable.
The game does not even has the option of in-app purchasing, so you can let your kids play
without worrying that they will spend all your hard earned money.

・ OPTIMIZED FOR NEXT GEN DEVICES

The game looks great on all devices but if you're one of the lucky owners of one of the latest devices you can enjoy highly detailed models with realtime shadows and more special effects!

And don't forget to visit our home page: drahtwerk - Home
Once again the android play store url: Airbag Frank 3D
If you're on twitter, follow us to stay up to date: @drahtwerk

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Last edited:

dutty

Apr 28, 2004
Thanks guys, let me know what you think of the game. It's running our own engine and we're still having some incompatibility with certain devices. We've heard of Tegra GPUs not being able to run the game. If the game doesn't launch or crashes please send me a crash report.

Reactions: 5318008

diSke

Jun 21, 2010
Diepenbeek
Hey dutty!

I recently downloaded Airbag Frank 3D on my GNEX and I absolutely LOVE it!
It's amazing fun and challenging! Runs perfectly smooth too!
I'm about to support you and the company by purchasing the gold version.
Is it possible to transfer my progress to the gold version? Or do I have to begin all over again?
It's not that big of a deal if you can't transfer the progress because I can get it back easily :)

Amazing game once more and I look forward to any new releases and possible updates for Airbag Frank 3D :)

dutty

Apr 28, 2004
Thanks for the kind words everybody :) In the meantime we've release several updates that improve compatibility and performance. So if it didn't work before, it's time to try it again.

BTW; Airbag Frank 3D was rated best game of july by AndroidPolice and several other news outlets. If you've got a mac, it's currently featured in the Mac App Store :)

We're already working on several new things!

Reactions: 5318008

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
Thanks for the kind words everybody :) In the meantime we've release several updates that improve compatibility and performance. So if it didn't work before, it's time to try it again.

BTW; Airbag Frank 3D was rated best game of july by AndroidPolice and several other news outlets. If you've got a mac, it's currently featured in the Mac App Store :)

DuttyThroy? Is that really you? Long time no see my friend.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Very cool game. Played it for a while. Seems to be luck whether you make it 90ft or 3000ft. Perhaps you should have goal lines and a set amount of powerups to use to get to the goal... like 3 jumps or a combination of different devices/summons (animals?)

Pretty fun though. My boy really got a good laugh playing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

AzNTypeR

Dec 24, 2011
London
Loving the Game but is there support for more 3D glasses? As I have no Red/Cyan 3D glasses but loads of Colourcode 3D ones (Yellow/Blue)?

Reactions: dutty

Aug 16, 2009
Portland, OR
Sometimes Dollar Tree has hard-framed red/blue 3D glasses on one of the little islands near the registers. If you have this game and live near a Dollar Tree, might be worth checking. I picked up a couple pairs last time I was there, so I'm off to download this right now and get some 3D action.

Edit: works great, thanks!

Last edited:

bruk1

Nov 1, 2008
Tried it on my HTC EVO 3D and the game is very smooth even on very high graphic settings.
Only bug I found is that the game doesn't always fit on the screen.
Also it would be nice if the game would support stereoscopic screen of EVO 3D.

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Playing it on my gs3. Great game so far but still needs some work. I saw the screen size issue posted above but also the game crashes when I pick up a cupcake. Looking forward to improvements.

knyque

Jul 30, 2007
First of all, great game. I've played some games like this on the PC, and this is fun on my Sprint Galaxy S III. I "beat" (bought everything) it in a few hours on and off with a bit of "cheating" at the end.

Among the things I liked about it (this is not a complete list)
The graphics were very smooth and very nice.
I liked the sounds when you hit things.
Having to buy "power ups" gave it a nice goal to look forward to.
I liked that the red 5x coins were at the top, made me try and stay at the top more often.
The "Re-entry burn" is a nice touch. I wonder if that could be an achievement: "Hottest reentry" could be the farthest dropped before hitting anything.
Game play was simple, no complex controls.
Having a "Pause" button is really helpful.

I found a few issues with it...

Sometimes you can hit the "Play" button twice after a level. I found if I hold down play, then quickly lift up and press again, I get the double play. When this happens, the game freezes and you have to kill it.

If the phone goes to sleep, or you turn the phone off, the game freezes.

I had a difficulty getting more than 5,000F in one level, and quite often, I would get much less. I would always hit the green jello, and the level is over. The problem I have with this is that the bomb you can "buy" is 5,000F, so I found it's not really worth it to get. I would be fine without the green jello, but since you can replenish your fruit, the game would potentially last forever. I suggest lowering how many of them there are, or having the bomb cost less, or, if you shoot with 10 watermelon, you could get out of the jello, or something different. It was just annoying to hit it so often. I did like the cupcake, and that helped, but it still was annoying to get hit by the jello when small.

It's nice that you get a launch bonus, but I found if I want to rack up my money, I start a level, then lightly launch it so it doesn't go far, and I get about 1,000F, and it doesn't take long. Yeah, it's cheating, but I wanted to see what all the power ups were, and I didn't have a whole lot of time. I would suggest have a lower launch bonus, and a higher bonus for hitting things. I found it annoying that I could launch and go a bit and not get much more than if I just flubbed the launch.

I would also suggest a distance counter on the screen, and a height counter as well. I could only judge how far I went by the score, but I had to wait till the end to see how far I really went.

You could possibly add a "Child" setting that had double or triple the things that you could hit (less green jello too). The scoring could be less too, but I could see a child getting more fun out of just watching and shooting fruit every once in a while. Instead of a child setting, maybe have the amount of certain items be sliders so you could choose how difficult it would be with some templates for "Child", "Extreme", etc.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anywhere where you could see your achievements unless you were signed into Feint. I don't do that, so I don't know what any of them are, or what my high score/highest altitude/longest distance are.

Again, thanks for a great game. I hope my feedback helps

dutty

Apr 28, 2004
Thanks for the great feedback! knyque, thanks for the detailed post - the idea about cheating by just starting new games to rack up money is true. We'll fix that.
Unfortunately we haven't been able to release the latest update yet, but it's nearly finished. It contains a new monster the "psycho penguin" some cool new items like the magic donut and much more. We hope to have it out before christmas but things are so hectic right now I can't make a promise on that.
We've also just released our latest game called Aeon Beam, it's a visually stunning brain teaser: check it out Aeon Beam @ xda-dev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android_0.png

Good news everyone, (Voice of Professor Farnsworth)

I'm not sure if anybody around here remembers me, but I've been involved in this community as a developer releasing helpful things, back when xda-developers was actually about xdas :) Things like the romkoch, the nbh tool, the famous wm6 premium rom and more.
    However, in the meantime I've joined a great company called "drahtwerk" and we're developing awesome games and apps. I thought maybe you guys could check out our latest release (it's free) and of course it would be great if you'd support the cause by rating it in the store and sharing it with your friends and family.

EDIT: oh yeah, talking about senior. join date 04/2004 nearly ten years! :)

Check it out on the Google Play store: Airbag Frank 3D

Check out the trailer

Frank always wanted to fly! Help Frank reach for the stars in this incredibly cute and dazzingly fun game.

Launch Frank from his slingshot by dragging back the rubberband and catapult him into space.
    Use your arsenal of powerful fruits and jetpacks to help Frank reach new heights.
    Along his way Frank will encounter a variety of monsters that might help him to travel further.

・ EXPERIENCE REAL 3D WITH 3D GLASSES

Airbag Frank features real 3D rendering that pops up of the screen, all you need is a pair of anaglyph 3D glasses: red/blue, cyan/magenta and yellow/blue are supported.

・ MEET THE MONSTERS

There are many unique monsters to discover in Airbag Frank. When Frank lands on a crunch, he can
    ride on his back for a short time. Or steal the balloon from a skullorm and fly away with it.

・ MORE THAN 30 UNLOCKABLES

Improve your reach by unlocking better slingshots, new fruits, monsters, costumes, jetpacks and more.
    There are over 30 items to unlock and buy in the Airbag Frank shop.

・ FEATURE COMPLETE FREE VERSION

Yes! This is game is free, but there is not a single feature missing. But we do have a gold
    version that you can buy for the price of candy bar if you want to support the developers
    and ensure continued development of Airbag Frank.

・ IN-APP PURCHASE FREE

Yes, the game is free and you don't need to buy additional content to actually make it playable.
    The game does not even has the option of in-app purchasing, so you can let your kids play
    without worrying that they will spend all your hard earned money.

・ OPTIMIZED FOR NEXT GEN DEVICES

The game looks great on all devices but if you're one of the lucky owners of one of the latest devices you can enjoy highly detailed models with realtime shadows and more special effects!

And don't forget to visit our home page: drahtwerk - Home
    Once again the android play store url: Airbag Frank 3D
    If you're on twitter, follow us to stay up to date: @drahtwerk

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png
    This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!
    Thanks guys, let me know what you think of the game. It's running our own engine and we're still having some incompatibility with certain devices. We've heard of Tegra GPUs not being able to run the game. If the game doesn't launch or crashes please send me a crash report.

Welcome back Dutty:good: