• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 2-DIN Headunit (BT, WiFi, GPS)

Search This thread

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
hey!
I just recieved my new android headunit for my car.
just wanted to share my experiences so far, i did not have the time to fit it into my car until now.

the CPU seems to be a RockChip RK3066 and not the RK3188 stated in the descriptionn in aliexpress.
but anyway its seems to be fast enough.

- root was possible with KingRoot (4.8.0), will try supersu-me
- CopilotLive Europe (offline-Navigation) works, hat to pull the apk from my phone though.
- soft-bricked the device once already :cyclops:, restore was easy with a backup image on microSD.
- nova launcher (prime) works
- android seems to be pretty much stock
- google play store works, some apps cant be loaded though, i guess its DPI-related...

i will keep you updated on FM, installation and so on.
plus i will post my own images soon.
thinking about installing a 2,5-jack-port for an external microphone ... what do you think?

cheers!

Attachments

• HTB1r.toKpXXXXXYXFXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg
    HTB1r.toKpXXXXXYXFXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,302
  • accessory.jpg
    accessory.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,206
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,238
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,008
Last edited:

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
CPU-Z dump:
Code:
CPUs : 4
SoCs : 1

CPU 0 :  ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
Name : Rockchip RK3066
CPUs : 4

Core set 0 : ARM Cortex-A9
Core set 0 Nb Cores : 4
Core set 0 Max Clock : 1200 MHz
Core set 0 Impl.id : 0x41
Core set 0 Arch.id : 0x7
Core set 0 Var.id : 3
Core set 0 Part.id : 0xc09
Core set 0 Rev.id : 0
Core set 0 Revision : r3p0

Arch : 4x ARM Cortex-A9 @1,20 GHz
Codename :
Process : 40 nm
GPU Vendor : ARM
GPU Renderer : Mali-400 MP

Model : rkpx3 (rkpx3)
Manufacturer : rockchip
Board : rk30sdk
Hardware : rk30board
Android Ver. : 4.4.4
Kernel Arch. : armv7l

Battery capacity : 1000

--- CPUInfos ---
abi : armeabi-v7a
abi2 : armeabi
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 2399.21

processor : 1

processor : 2

processor : 3

Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : RK30board
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

--- Debug Infos ---

clock0=1200000
clock1=1200000
clock2=1200000
clock3=1200000

Erayo

Feb 26, 2016
Looking forward buying one like that too, and would like to ask you a few things:
Does that model have its own gps ?
Have you tired tether 3g connection with it ? Works fine ?
Google play store works on stock ? Or gotta be rooted ? Also, google maps works fine ?

Thank you very mych

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Looking forward buying one like that too, and would like to ask you a few things:
Does that model have its own gps ?
Have you tired tether 3g connection with it ? Works fine ?
Google play store works on stock ? Or gotta be rooted ? Also, google maps works fine ?

Thank you very mych

most of your questions were answered in my original post.
gps - yes, including external antenna.
3g tethering - you mean use you phone as a WiFi-Hotpot? No, havent tried that. the unit is still on my desk ;)
play store works, just some apps are being blocked. for some i was able to transfer the apk from my phone to the unit.

hope this helps a little!

irb12345

Mar 4, 2016
hey!
I just recieved my new android headunit for my car.
just wanted to share my experiences so far, i did not have the time to fit it into my car until now.

the CPU seems to be a RockChip RK3066 and not the RK3188 stated in the descriptionn in aliexpress.
but anyway its seems to be fast enough.

- root was possible with KingRoot (4.8.0), will try supersu-me
- CopilotLive Europe (offline-Navigation) works, hat to pull the apk from my phone though.
- soft-bricked the device once already :cyclops:, restore was easy with a backup image on microSD.
- nova launcher (prime) works
- android seems to be pretty much stock
- google play store works, some apps cant be loaded though, i guess its DPI-related...

i will keep you updated on FM, installation and so on.
plus i will post my own images soon.
thinking about installing a 2,5-jack-port for an external microphone ... what do you think?

cheers!

actually RK3188-T photo 2 different devices

caraudio30000

Mar 28, 2016
cpu give a fake information

i confirm it's rk3188

but actually my bluetooth doesn't function with my phone (pairs impossible )

whats the best firmware/update ???

thank you

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
it's possible to have some answer ????
because i dont understand why i 'm register here ....
all people stay on the same post and the same answer ...

OK sorry for my late answer.
there are 2 firmware-images available, the newer one does not work for me (doesnt flash/boot)

my current problem is BT-related as well, the headunit cannot find ANY bluetooth device... tried phones, tablets.... nothing.
it seems the BT is not really embedded in the chipset but connected through some non-standard-interface, so no hardware-detection-tool recognizes a BT interface.

I have contacted the seller about this issue but got no response until now.
maybe thats what you get when you buy directly from china :(

caraudio30000

Mar 28, 2016
hello

i've the same problem , no bluetooth , no communication with the seller (deals machine)
firmware bug
interference radio/music

i open a dispute on paypal .... the seller propose $30 (it's not a joke )

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

i add i m very disappointed because a product with android it's simply to use (when it's functional

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
ii have been following the thread on 4pda wor a while, of course just through the google translator so i cannot post anything and registration does not seem to work for me.

but basically the sound quality cannot be improved due to a hardware design fault.

maybe a solution turns up some day, i for myself decided not to worry about this anymore. the money is gone but i was already expecting something like this but gave it a shot.

one more thing @caraudio30000: you are too impatient. if anyone reads your posts and has something to say, he or she will answer. trust me. cheers!

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

shihan.shawn

Jan 8, 2017
Rockchip Rkpx3

Just bought a Rockchip Rkpx3 (Chinese car Android Player) yesterday from a local car accessories seller in Dhaka, Bangladesh. They imported it from China but the box doesn't have any name or logo and the seller said it's non-brand. However, when I connected to wifi with mobile hotspot and signed-in with my google account, playstore recognized it as Rockchip Rkpx3.

Long story short, although I had suspicion about the quality and longevity of the product which cost me about 200USD, after installation it seemed to work just fine. All the features including bluetooth, g-maps, wifi, cd/dvd playback, usb to android phone connectivity, external micro-sd, aux etc. works all good. I bought a rear camera as well with the player and that works fine too.

Android 5.1.1 (doesn't have any upgrade option though)
I didn't root and probably will not root in the future.

Don't know much about the firmware and stuff though as neither the box nor the user manual has much written on it except the features and which icon does what. Yes built-in gps works fine with g-maps and voice navigation was perfect. Although not possible for me to use the stock navigation app because Bangladesh's map (navigation purpose) is not available anywhere in the Internet LOL!!

All together, money well spent I must say. Was playing youtube all the way to work this morning :)

Top Liked Posts