[Android 4.0+] Call Recorder - SKVALEX, record phone calls from the phone line

Search This thread

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
Note 9, no root, CSC is THL so I have native call recorder.
Bluetooth recording working good, recordings quality is excellent.
Didn't change anything in app settings.

karlospv94

Mar 1, 2015
Hi all,

I have the Call Recorder app purchased (version 3.4.4), but it stopped working around two months ago (I think when I updated my Oneplus 5 to Android 10).

It is rooted and before that moment it was working perfectly. Now, it records the calls but I can't reproduce them so when I try to listen them it reproduces just empty noise (nothing sounds). I have tried with many different configurations but nothing seems to work.

Do you know how could I fix it? I attach two screenshots of my configuration.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo_2021-04-19_14-14-21.jpg
    photo_2021-04-19_14-14-21.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25
  • photo_2021-04-19_14-14-16.jpg
    photo_2021-04-19_14-14-16.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 25

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
This morning after a few calls which recorded properly I made a call which lasted just over 5 minutes - but for this call recorder create 12 different files of between 1 second and 2 mins.

How do I get back to a position where I can rely on call recorder as I have done for some time in the past.

oldseeker

• Feb 19, 2011
    OnePlus 6T
    Can confirm the issue. I will check what can I do with it.

Hi,
    Any news on this issue? I'm on the latest version and still have to manually turn off "Call Confirm" before being able to add another call to an an ongoing call.

Also, today I unfortunately had to call an emergency number. Sadly, it seems that Call Recorder cannot or will not record emergency calls! These would typically be the most important calls to record. Is there any way around this?

Dc0de

Nov 27, 2005
    My Device
    Android 11
    Latest Version of Call Recorder 3.4.4 (Licensed via your website)
    Magisk Root Enabled, and Skvalex CR given root access
    Standard API
    Voice Call Uplink + Downlink
    I've tried different delays for incoming and outgoing calls. No Fix.

Possible Audio Routing Issue

Without this app installed. Audio routing works perfectly. An example would be that calls come through to correct output (loud speaker and normal speaker)...and are directed to bluetooth headphones/car bluetooth as expected if indeed a bluetooth device is connected

As soon as I install this app though the first call after connecting to bluetooth headphones or car bluetooth is silent (I can't hear the caller). To fix I have to toggle the output device from bluetooth to phone speaker and then back to bluetooth. I can then hear the caller. Further calls on the bluetooth device then work as expected without the work around.
    When I disconnect my bluetooth device, the first call after disconnecting from bluetooth headphones to the normal speaker also is silent (I can't hear the caller). To fix I have to toggle the output device from normal speaker to loud speaker..and then back to normal speaker.Further calls are then fine with no issue.
    If i never connect to a bluetooth device, then your app works perfect. It's only ever the first call after switching output device that is affected. If I hang up the call instead of the work around, and do a second call..it works fine and as expected. It's almost as if the switch of output speaker/device is not done after it has been changed, or is muted.

Steps to Reproduce

After Bluetooth headphones have been connected, disconnect with power button on headphones so no longer connected, call answerphone (or receive a call etc), and caller's voice can't be heard. It's as if the callers voice isnt routed to the speaker on the phone after Bluetooth disconnected. Work around is to toggle the loud speaker on then off which corrects this.

Works fine and as expected if no Bluetooth is ever connected and disconnected.
    I can provide adb logs if you need them via PM.

Sorry about the long post.

skvalex

Aug 18, 2010
    It is rooted and before that moment it was working perfectly. Now, it records the calls but I can't reproduce them so when I try to listen them it reproduces just empty noise (nothing sounds). I have tried with many different configurations but nothing seems to work.

Do you know how could I fix it? I attach two screenshots of my configuration.
    Make sure you don't use Wi-Fi calling and other apps don't record during a call

skvalex

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi,
    Any news on this issue? I'm on the latest version and still have to manually turn off "Call Confirm" before being able to add another call to an an ongoing call.

Also, today I unfortunately had to call an emergency number. Sadly, it seems that Call Recorder cannot or will not record emergency calls! These would typically be the most important calls to record. Is there any way around this?
    1. Actually, I thought I have fixed the issue in 3.4.4. Do you still have it? What's your device and what's the Android version?

2. My guess is that emergency calls are handled by your operator like dial tones, so if you have an option "start recording on answer" enabled, then the app thinks that the call has never been answered.

skvalex

Aug 18, 2010
    As soon as I install this app though the first call after connecting to bluetooth headphones or car bluetooth is silent (I can't hear the caller). To fix I have to toggle the output device from bluetooth to phone speaker and then back to bluetooth. I can then hear the caller. Further calls on the bluetooth device then work as expected without the work around.
    I've seen similar bug reports from poco x3 users. If it's the case, then it's a firmware issue which can be fixed by the manufacturer only.

Anyway, you can take a log in Settings -> three dots -> Debug and send it to me via email - I'll check if I can do anything to fix it.

Reactions: Dc0de

oldseeker

• Feb 19, 2011
    OnePlus 6T
    1. Actually, I thought I have fixed the issue in 3.4.4. Do you still have it? What's your device and what's the Android version?

2. My guess is that emergency calls are handled by your operator like dial tones, so if you have an option "start recording on answer" enabled, then the app thinks that the call has never been answered.

Thanks for the quick answer!

1. I'm running 3.4.4 and I still have it. The device is a rooted OnePlus 6T running OxygenOS 9.0.7.

2. Tried disabling "start recording on answer", no change. When I call an emergency number, it still excludes call recorder. The floaty record button just doesn't show up. I'm also using True Phone, which can integrate the Call Recorder record button into its ongoing call screen interface neatly, but when calling emergency number the button isn't there either. It looks like emergency calls are handled completely differently on a low level. Perhaps there's just no way to record them, even on a rooted phone? :(

See screenshots of the ongoing call interface of a regular call vs. an emergency call below.

Screenshot_20210423-133116.jpg
    Screenshot_20210423-133104.jpg

Dc0de

Nov 27, 2005
    I've seen similar bug reports from poco x3 users. If it's the case, then it's a firmware issue which can be fixed by the manufacturer only.

Anyway, you can take a log in Settings -> three dots -> Debug and send it to me via email - I'll check if I can do anything to fix it.
    Thanks for the reply. I've emailed over logs to your org email.

skvalex

Aug 18, 2010
    1. I'm running 3.4.4 and I still have it. The device is a rooted OnePlus 6T running OxygenOS 9.0.7.

2. Tried disabling "start recording on answer", no change. When I call an emergency number, it still excludes call recorder. The floaty record button just doesn't show up. I'm also using True Phone, which can integrate the Call Recorder record button into its ongoing call screen interface neatly, but when calling emergency number the button isn't there either. It looks like emergency calls are handled completely differently on a low level. Perhaps there's just no way to record them, even on a rooted phone? :(
    1. The problem is that Phone app draws its own windows over Call Confirm dialog. So try to click back button after you make a call. Will it then allow you to see the call confirm dialog?
    2. Can you please check what the app is writing to a notification during an emergency call?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Device - Xiamoi Note 9, Android 10, MIUI 12.0.7.0 Global
      Version - 3.4.4
      Settings - screenshots below
      Please check that auto-start enabled and other battery optimizations disabled for the app:
      1. https://dontkillmyapp.com/
      2. https://skvalex.org/help/best-practices
      Is there any way to detect and record whatsapp calls too on rooted lineageos phone?
      No

Thanks for your response. Actually I don't have any other apps recording and I am not using Wi-Fi calling. I'm just using default configurations and calling as normal
      Take a log in settings > three dots > debug while in call and send it to me via email

I have OnePlus 6T latest version, rooted with Call Recorder - SKVALEX 3.4.4.
      I can't find any setting to disable auto recording.
      In previous version I had the option to choose to initiate call recording.
      I'll be glad for advice.
      In the left side menu of the app > Help > Automatic & manual recording, filtering specific calls: https://skvalex.org/help/record-specific-calls

Try the attached version
      I have a one plus 9 pro ( DA - India f/w ). Built in system recorder via the google dialer works but - 1 ) Manual and 2 ) Pre and post recording "messages"
      Is there a way to use skvalex call recorder to record all calls automatically - I had been using it successfully for the past 2 years on a Galaxy S10+ ( Unrooted )
      You can install OnePlus Dialer and then unlock system recorder: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...th-call-recording-in-oneplus-8t-nord.4189165/

Are there any advantages if symmetric cryptography is currently used? I can't find any, but I'm not a cryptographer, so I might be ignoring something.
      I think the main advantage is that it's already implemented :) Yes, I have some ideas how to improve it, but it's in a long term plans.

I have a problem with filenames and call waiting. If I am talking to someone A and B calls and I switch to B the resulting file is still named A, only A. However, if I search for A, B's name or number is displayed in a smaller font on in the CR interface in the entry for this specific call to A. Usually there are two lines for each entry in CR's interface but in the case of call waiting a third line is added, with the name/number of the second call.

However, searching for this third line is semibroken.

Let's say that B called from 111222333. Usually, that is displayed as 111 222 333 (note the grouping/spcing) and you search for it entering 111222333. However, in the case of call waiting you have to search for it the way it is displayed, that is, including spaces, to find it. In other words, to find all calls from 111222333, you have to search for111222333 as well as 111 222 333.

Finally, when the file is transferred to some external storage such as via the could sync or Bluetooth to a computer, the filename is A-something, there is nothing in the filename indicating that it contains a call with B. This is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed. Until a good programmatic solution is available, at least, I think, this should be mentioned in the FAQ/help section https://callrecorder.skvalex.com/info
      Thanks, I'll look into this issue again.

I've also found the same issue @l-g
      I believe that the best way to handle call waiting scenario would be to create a new file for the call that came through call waiting feature. However, if your phone has a system recorder (crDroid custom ROM in my case) I'm not sure if this can be implemented.
      The app needs to be phone dialer to know precise call state. At the moment - the app just knows that there was a second line call, but it doesn't know if it was answered or not, and when the call ended if it was answered.
      Call Recorder - SKVALEX
      version: 3.4.5-1

Last update of the app in this post: 13.05.2021

Download

Purchase over PayPal/AliPay via website: https://callrecorder.skvalex.com/purchase

Description:
      Call Recorder - SKVALEX is intended for automatic call recording. The app provides functionality to record both sides on devices with such support. But some devices don't have 2-way call recording support, or have issues with Bluetooth recording.

Also, the app provides wide functionality to manage recordings:
      - Search recordings
      - Conversion from one format to another (e.g WAV to FLAC/OPUS/MP3/etc.)
      - Adding notes to recorded files
      - In-call control button while call recording: you can easily start/stop recording during a call
      - Enter to the app using password (or fingerprint)
      - Auto clean-up - automatically removes old recordings according to rules set by you. Starred recordings ignored.
      - Exceptions: you may set up phone numbers, contacts or groups for specific actions, like always record or do not
      - Filename template: you can easily change structure of created files
      - Cloud backup support
      - Playback recording over main speaker or handset speaker
      - Access recording from within contact info
      - Call confirm: the app will ask you whether you want to make a call or not
      - After call actions dialog: the app will ask what to do with a recorded call
      - Vibrate on call start/end

If you want to get option "start recording on answer" work without root, then you'll need to grant READ_LOGS permission to the app via adb:
      Code:
      adb shell pm grant org.skvalex.cr android.permission.READ_LOGS
      Note, that you may need to manually enable logger in engineering menu (or anywhere else where your device manufacturer disabled it). Don't ask questions "how to enable logger" here, you better google it or ask it in forums about your specific device.

Changelog for the app
      version 1.3:
      - automatically converting from WAV to AMR (experimental features)
      - new tab "Tasks" for converting queue
      - details of recording (long tap)
      - spaces & call type in file name (experimental features -> file name pattern)
      - bug fixes and improvements

version 1.3.1:
      - bug fixes

version 1.3.2:
      - New UI for settings
      - LG Nexus 4 support (root is required even for api recording)
      - Possibility to add one "/" to filename pattern
      - Minor improvements

version 1.3.3:
      - some bugs were fixed
      - HTC EVO 4G LTE support

version 1.3.4:
      - some bugs were fixed
      - Sony Xperia V support

version 1.3.5:
      - enhanced stability of recording through ALSA
      - recording in AMR through ALSA (converting goes in real-time)
      - no more clicking on US SGS3
      - fixed bug with seek on AMR files

version 1.3.6:
      - few bugs were fixed

version 1.3.7:
      - Motorola RAZR HD support
      - new call confirm dialog
      - bug fixes

version 1.3.8:
      - Motorola RAZR M support (root is required)
      - HTC One (recording from the top mic, root is required)
      - displaying notes in list
      - edit info about recording (contact name, phone number, file name and note)
      - bug fixes

version 1.3.9:
      - Sony Xperia T support
      - Translation updates
      - Bug fixes

version 1.4:
      - Updates contact name while rescanning
      - Tap on the right area (where date and duration) will open dialog with info, long tap will open edit info dialog
      - Creates .nomedia
      - Danish translation
      - Bug fixes

version 1.4.1:
      - Bug fixes
      - Translation updates

version 1.4.2:
      - Bug fixes
      - Translation updates

version 1.4.3:
      - Upload recordings to Dropbox
      - New translations: Latvian and Thai
      - Bug fixes

version 1.4.4:
      - Bug fixes

version 1.4.5:
      - Option to upload recording to Dropbox when you it to favorites
      - Bug fixes

version 1.4.6:
      - problem with delay before call recording on Android 4.3 is fixed now
      - new after-call dialog
      - after-call dialog will ask about each recording (not only about the last recording as it was before)

version 1.4.7:
      - fixed a problem with after-call dialog on Android 2.x
      - fixed a problem with proximity sensor and audio output (settings->audio player)

version 1.4.8:
      - added option to context menu - "filter this number"
      - fixed a FC at startup
      - fixed a problem with playback over phone speaker
      - other minor bug fixes

version 1.4.9:
      - fixed a problem on some devices when screen has been locked by proximity sensor during playback
      - added a progress bar when the app uploads to Dropbox
      - bug fixes

version 1.5:
      - two-way call recording on Nexus 4 (root and installed patch are required: http://goo.gl/2bg4Yx)
      - the app doesn't ignore calls from the second sim card on phones by HTC
      - minor bug fixes
      version 1.5.1:
      - option for dual sim phones (settings -> debug)
      - fixed a problem with Superuser on Android 4.3.x

version 1.5.2:
      - Nexus 5 support

version 1.5.3 beta01:
      - trial period extended

version 1.5.3 alpha02:
      - new recording method - CAF
      - HTC One support (stock ROM)

version 1.5.3 alpha03:
      - fixed a bug with incoming calls on HTC One (test it please)
      - added preset for Galaxy S4 Google Edition

version 1.5.3 alpha04:
      - supports Samsung SM-N9005 Galaxy Note 3 LTE
      - added MP3 for CAF method
      - added volume control for CAF method
      - probably, a bug is fixed when the phone app hangs on Nexus 4 & HTC One (I didn't experience this bug, so I don't know is it really fixed or not, but I hope so)
      - known bug: wrong mp3 duration, don't report it
      P.S. Reboot is recommended after this update

version 1.5.3 alpha05:
      - improved stability on Nexus 4/HTC One/SGS4 GE (I hope the phone app won't hang anymore)
      - recording on Galaxy Nexus over ALSA should work again (other phones on OMAP chipsets should work as well)
      - minor ui enhancements
      P.S. Reboot is recommended after this update. The first call after reboot may be not recorded

version 1.5.3 beta06:
      - stability improvements for HTC One
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.3 beta07:
      - stability improvements for Nexus 4

version 1.5.3 beta08:
      - fixed FC after reboot on HTC One
      - less silent recordings and less hangs of the phone app on Nexus 4/HTC One
      - ALSA works again on Nexus 4/HTC One
      - voice control for ALSA

version 1.5.3 beta09:
      - recording on devices with Qualcomm MSM8255 (previous beta versions didn't work)
      - added presets for Moto G/LG G2 D802

version 1.5.3 beta10:
      - fixed FC after reboot on HTC One
      - CAF should work on SGS4 (Qualcomm based)
      - fixed a bug with duplicates in list

version 1.5.3 beta11:
      - sample rate setting for standard api (only for WAV)
      - volume control for standard api (only for WAV)
      - merged two options in experimental settings to one called "convert after call"
      - removed mp3 format for CAF recording
      - newly converted mp3 files have no problems with duration anymore

version 1.5.3 beta13:
      - fixed issue with ALSA recording

version 1.5.3:
      - fixed issue with CAF recording on Galaxy Nexus

version 1.5.3:
      - new recording method - CAF (Like ALSA but doesn't require ALSA installation, root required)
      - recording from the line on LG Nexus 4, HTC One, HTC One mini, SGS4 GE, SG Note 3 LTE, Moto G, LG G2 D802, etc.
      - volume control for CAF, ALSA and Standard API (WAV)
      - sample rate for Standard API (WAV)
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.3.1:
      - fixed an issue with license checking

version 1.5.3.2:
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.4:
      - fixed issue with AMR recording on devices based on Qualcomm MSM8255
      - fixed a FC with encryption while entering a text

version 1.5.5:
      - fixed issues on MSM8255

version 1.5.6:
      - no limit for slashes in file name pattern
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.7:
      - added support for HTC One (M8), LG G Flex and Xiaomi MI 3W
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.8 beta01:
      - added mp3 format for all recording methods

version 1.5.8 beta02:
      - change password for key
      - require password to open the app
      - the app won't ask password each time you want to listen to encrypted recording if you already entered password before
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.8 beta03:
      - sample rate setting for caf recording
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.8 beta04:
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.8 (compared to 1.5.7):
      - SGS5, Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC Desire V support
      - MP3 recording format for all recording methods
      - change password for a key
      - require password to open the app
      - the app won't ask password each time you want to listen to encrypted recording if you already entered password before
      - sample rate setting for CAF recording method
      - stereo call recording support for CAF method if kernel has such support (only for devices on msm8974)
      - bug fixes

version 1.5.9:
      - volume control for Tx and Rx channels separately (if device & kernel support stereo recording)
      - bug fixes

version 1.6:
      - Android L support (SELinux must be in permissive mode)
      - translation updates
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.1:
      - improved support for HTC One Dual Sim
      - added presets for some devices
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.1.1:
      - bug fix

version 1.6.2:
      - added "Send" button to the after-call dialog
      - translation updates
      - improved license check when LuckyPatcher installed

version 1.6.3:
      - improved support for Android 5.0 (SELinux must be in permissive mode)
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.4 beta01:
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.4 beta02:
      - experimental support for Nexus 6
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.4:
      - support for Nexus 6 and other devices on Qualcomm 805 (root is required)
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.5:
      - support for HTC Desire X and other devices on Qualcomm 200 (root is required)
      - bug fixes

version 1.6.6:
      - support for unrooted HTC One (M8) with Lollipop, check out every audio source for Standard API

version 1.6.7:
      - bug fix for HTC One (m7)

version 1.6.8:
      - 2-way call recording over Bluetooth on Note 4 with Exynos chipset (root required)

version 2.0 beta004:
      - dark theme
      - bug fixes

version 2.0 beta005:
      - added low space warning
      - fixed bug with automatic cleanup

version 2.0 beta006.01:
      - bug fixes

version 2.0 beta007:
      - 2-way call recording over Bluetooth on Note 4 with Exynos chipset (root required)

version 2.0 beta008:
      - Galaxy S6 support
      - bug fixes

version 2.0 beta009:
      - compatibility with SELinux (Use SuperSU in case of problems with other Superuser apps)

version 2.0:
      - added support for CyanogenMod built-in Superuser
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.1:
      - fast scroll enabled
      - option to hide all notifications
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.2:
      - moved play/pause button to the right
      - option to disable autoplay in Settings → Audio player
      - added play button to the context menu in selection mode
      - convert AMR recordings to WAV
      - improved outgoing calls detection
      - fixed an issue with not showing description of filename and time patterns on Lollipop (Settings → Folders and Files)
      - minor ui enhancements
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.3:
      - changed a way to set time pattern: now it's within filename pattern setting
      - increased a touch area to add star
      - fixed an issue with outgoing calls on some devices
      - fixed a crash on pre-lollipop devices when trying to change filename pattern
      - when recordings are filtered by contact: long press on avatar will show all recordings
      - other minor bug fixes

version 2.0.4:
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.5:
      - improved support for unrooted HTC One M9 and HTC One M8
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.6:
      - external storage support for non-rooted lollipop devices
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.7:
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.8:
      - Google Drive support
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.8.1:
      - bug fixes

version 2.0.8.2:
      - fixed an issue with display contact names on some devices

version 2.0.9:
      - amr files can be encrypted manually
      - minor ui enhancements
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.0:
      - added option to link to contacts in settings → interface and appearance (the new permissions are required to this feature)
      - Android M Preview 3 support
      - hides screenshot in recent apps if require password is enabled in settings → security
      - fixed an issue with proximity sensor
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.1:
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.2:
      - minor bug fixes

version 2.1.3:
      - fixed issue with getting root on Marshmallow, SuperSU must be at least 2.52

version 2.1.3.1:
      - fixed crash after a call

version 2.1.4:
      - option: delete recording after upload in Settings → Cloud
      - option: auto unlock once you entered the correct password without pressing 'OK' in Settings → Security
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.5:
      - Root module is needed for CAF, ALSA or MSM

version 2.1.6:
      - Root module is not needed anymore
      - LG Nexus 5X support (root required)

version 2.1.6.1:
      - Busybox isn't needed anymore

version 2.1.6.2:
      - Trial period extended only, so it won't be uploaded to the Play Store

version 2.1.7:
      - new action in exceptions: "add star"
      - button to add star while in-call (see Settings > Interface & Appearance)

version 2.1.8 beta01:
      - improved calls detection
      - fixed issue with selecting external storage on Marshmallow
      - requires to grant permissions on Marshmallow

version 2.1.8 beta02:
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.8 beta03:
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.8 beta04:
      - fixes answer detection for outgoing calls

version 2.1.8 beta05:
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.8 (compared to 2.1.7):
      - improved calls detection
      - fixed issue with selecting external storage on Marshmallow
      - requires to grant permissions on Marshmallow
      - fixes answer detection for outgoing calls
      - bug fixes

version 2.1.9:
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.0.1:
      - OneDrive support
      - CAF works on HiSilicon based devices (root required)
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.0.2:
      - fixed crash on devices with MSM recording method

version 2.2.0.3:
      - fixed bug with getting root in trial version

version 2.2.1:
      - added support Sony Xperia Z5 (Use WAV or MP3)

version 2.2.2 beta01:
      - Auto encryption after a call (Settings → Security)
      - Show phone numbers in the list (Settings → Interface & Appearance)
      - Auto delete uploaded files only (Settings → Folders & Files)
      - Upload when charging (Settings → Cloud)
      - You can use fingerprint scanner instead of typing password to enter the app (but you still need to enter password to encrypt recordings)
      - Bug fixes

version 2.2.2 beta02:
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.2 beta03:
      - fixed bug when the app wasn't recorded calls from private numbers on Samsung devices

version 2.2.2 (compared to 2.2.1):
      - Auto encryption after a call (Settings → Security)
      - Show phone numbers in the list (Settings → Interface & Appearance)
      - Auto delete uploaded files only (Settings → Folders & Files)
      - Upload when charging (Settings → Cloud)
      - You can use fingerprint scanner instead of typing password to enter the app (but you still need to enter password to encrypt recordings)
      - Fixed bug when the app wasn't recorded calls from private numbers on Samsung devices
      - Bug fixes

version 2.2.3:
      - Box cloud support added
      - Bug fixes

version 2.2.4:
      - Yandex.Disk support added
      - fixed issue with OneDrive
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.5:
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.6:
      - WebDAV support
      - AMR support for devices where only WAV/MP3 work (enable option "don't use amr driver" and select AMR)
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.7:
      - any format can be encrypted now
      - improved support for Android N
      - bug fixes

version 2.2.8:
      - allow self-signed certs for WebDAV
      - fixed issue with encryption

version 2.2.9.1:
      - improved support for external storage on Samsung with Android 6
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.0.1:
      - fixed bug with microphone on rooted Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos)
      - write "label:uploaded" to filter uploaded files to the cloud, "label:!uploaded" for not uploaded.

version 2.3.1:
      - option "rename all files" in settings > folders & files
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.2:
      - support for Huawei devices with EMUI 4.1
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.3:
      - added Pixel / Pixel XL support (root required)
      - fixed issue with not stopping recording at the end of the call
      - added support for fingerprint scanner in Galaxy S5 / Note 4.
      - option to backup/restore settings
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.4:
      - added support for Galaxy S7 with Nougat
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.5:
      - added support for Galaxy S7 with Nougat
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.6:
      - Nougat support on Huawei (HiSIlicon)
      - FLAC support added
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.7:
      - FLAC converter
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.7.1:
      - fix for -504 error

version 2.3.7.2:
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.8.1:
      - OPUS support
      - optimized work with external storage
      - bug fixes

version 2.3.9.4:
      - bug fixes

version 2.4.0:
      - option "Pause playback when screen is switched on by proximity sensor" in Settings → Audio player.
      - 12/24 hour formats supported
      - back button shows "All recordings" screen instead closing the app unless you're on this screen
      - minor UI enhancement of selection mode
      - update of Dropbox API
      - the app now removes empty folders on automatic cleanup
      - bug fix for automatic cleanup when recordings are stored on external storage

version 2.4.1 alpha02:
      - CAF/ALSA/MSM are audio sources for ROOT method now

version 2.4.1 alpha06:
      - All root functions moved to another apk - CallRecorderROOT_v.1.0_alpha01.apk (in case of FC - reboot the device)

version 3.0 beta03:
      - Cut and/or convert recording before sharing
      - Improvements for Oreo
      - Bug fixes

version 3.0 beta04:
      - Huawei incoming calls issue fixed
      - Better detection of outgoing calls numbers
      - Bug fixes

version 3.0:
      - bug fixes

version 3.0.2:
      - Change playback speed
      - Fixed an issue with permission dialog on small screens (buttons were out of screen)
      - Improved WebDAV dialog, now it shows an error message if login fails; small UI improvements
      - Password dialog: long press "enter password" input to paste from clipboard
      - Delete dialog: use long press on starred recordings to delete them
      - Fixed issue with sharing via Samsung Messenger app
      - Other bug fixes

version 3.0.4:
      - bug fixes
      version 3.0.5:
      - Trash function

version 3.0.6:
      - system recorder method (more info on Help page)
      - other minor improvements and bug fixes

version 3.0.7:
      - fixed bug with recording on SD card on pre-Pie devices

version 3.0.8:
      - improved calls detection for system recorder method (more info about this method on the help page)
      - edit number by clicking avatar for unknown calls and in after-call actions dialog
      - other minor improvements and bug fixes

version 3.0.9:
      - fixed bug with detection phone numbers

version 3.1.1:
      - prevents auto-update from the Play Store
      - self-updating mechanism
      - improved playback of stereo recordings
      - bug fixes

version 3.1.3:
      - fixed WebDAV sync status for non-latin symbols
      - fixed playback speed changing for AMR files made by system recorder
      - encryption now works for .m4a files
      - fixed an issue with inability to rename files
      - improved and optimized self-updating mechanism
      - fixed crashes when "Switch ALSA controls" enabled
      - restart recording when BT connected/disconnected during a call if an option "When BT connected" is "Switch audio source"
      - using stereo by default for Standard API

version 3.1.5:
      - moved root functions from the add-on: don't forget to grant root-access to the main app after update if you use ROOT-method
      - import files from system recorder (can be used to import recordings from other apps)
      - bug fixes

version 3.1.7:
      - Option "Skip dial tone if possible" in Settings > Audio player (recordings needs to be made in this version)
      - Help to install system recorder for Huawei with Android 9
      - Device setting moved to ROOT method settings
      - Convert after a call for System Recorder method (Settings > Recording > System Recorder)
      - Converting options in the context menu merged
      - If upload to a cloud fails, the app won't re-try to upload file again
      - If there's a note, the app will add it to the exported data while sharing

version 3.1.8:
      - unlocks system recorder on OnePlus via ADB (jOnePlus Tools no more required)
      - option "copy to clipboard" in menu by clinging avatar for unknown contacts
      - cloud upload optimization
      - bug fixes
      version 3.1.9:
      - option "play stereo as mono" in settings → audio player
      - exceptions by call type
      - options "action for outgoing/incoming calls" removed as they can now be set via exceptions
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.0:
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.1:
      - show notifications improvements
      - option "normalize stereo channels independently" in Settings → Audio Player
      - renaming file name if contact changes
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.2:
      - Android 10 support (root required)
      - import files from system recorder improved
      - fixed bug when action bar didn't react to touches
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.3:
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.4:
      - when this version receive an update, notification will have an option to view the changelog
      - this version will remove old apks from the app's cache
      - fixed an issue with WebDAV

version 3.2.5:
      - fixed problem with disappearing system recorder on OnePlus devices with Android 10
      - bug fixes
      version 3.2.6:
      - record from the microphone on Android 10 without root

version 3.2.7:
      - improved import files from system recorder
      - quick actions menu in the navigation drawer
      - fixed issue with downloading updates on Android 4.x
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.8:
      - improved work with external storage
      - improved file name pattern
      - option to enable rescan folder by pulling down the list in settings → interface & appearance
      - bug fixes

version 3.2.9:
      - bug fixes

version 3.3.0:
      - improved "add star" button during a call
      - change max age of trash entries in settings
      - added option to keep starred recordings in confirm deletion dialog
      - speed won't be changed on swipe up gesture
      - bug fixes

version 3.3.1:
      - bug fixes

version 3.3.2:
      - option to delete short recordings in Settings → Folders and Files
      - bug fixes
      version 3.3.3:
      - fix for rooted devices with Android 10 (reboot might be needed)
      - fixed issue with decryption
      - other bug fixes

version 3.3.4:
      - ROOT audio sources (CAF/ALSA/MSM) added to Standard API method. If you use ROOT method, try the same audio source in Standard API method. ROOT method will be removed in the future. Standard API method will be renamed.
      - adaptive icon
      - improved external storage
      - other bug fixes

version 3.3.5:
      - bug fixes

version 3.3.6:
      - keep file's last modified attribute after converting if possible
      - support upcoming integration with True Phone
      - bug fixes

version 3.3.7:
      - Improvements related to audio player
      - Support system default theme
      - Option to ignore VoIP calls in case of conflict (Settings > three dots > Debug)
      - Dragging in-call control button to add a star during a call. Also long click isn't needed for dragging the button anymore.
      - You can now set a sim-card used to make a call in file name pattern
      - Bug fixes and other minor changes

version 3.3.8:
      - hotfix

version 3.3.9:
      - bug fixes

version 3.4.0:
      - many minor optimizations and bug fixes

version 3.4.1:
      - support system recorder on OnePlus with Android 11 and Huawei with Android 10
      - fixed issues with gaining root on Android 11 and Magisk 21
      - added group to filename pattern (contacts needs to be in one group only)
      - added ability to add exception for hidden (private) numbers
      - bug fixes

version 3.4.2:
      - bug fixes mostly related to OnePlus system recorder and mp3 playback

version 3.4.3:
      - fixed issue with opus codec
      - phone numbers are now clickable in the list
      - fixed issue with Magisk 21.2

version 3.4.3-1:
      - fixed crash on Samsung devices with Android 11

version 3.4.4:
      - added option to skip silence in Settings → Audio player
      - fixed external storage selection on Android 11
      - fixed option "start recording on answer" on Android 11 with root
      version 3.4.5:
      - system recorder: improved recordings detection for OnePlus devices with Android 11
      - fixed bug with after-call actions dialog
      - fixed hanging notification
      - bug fixes

version 3.4.5-1:
      - fixed detection of system recorder folder

Changelog for the add-on

version 2.0.5:
      - renamed to Call Recorder Add-on as it might work without root for option "start recording on answer" if you grant READ_LOGS permission via adb
      - created Magisk module for easier installation and getting privileged permissions

version 2.0.6:
      - fixed crash for pre-Pie devices

version 2.0.7:
      - recording issue fixed on Samsung devices

version 2.0.8:
      - improved ability to detect answer on outgoing calls
      - fixed bug with recording on Android 9

version 2.1.0:
      - moved the code for the ROOT method to the main app, so it's removed from the add-on
      - removed self-update mechanism from add-on as the main app can now have it itself
      Hi
      Today I got the attached email from Google. The app is banned from the Play Store. I sent appeal, waiting a reply from Google. Hope they'll allow to reinstate the app. I think the issue was because of linking to AlsaMixer: https://github.com/skvalex/alsamixer

If you like to purchase the app, you can do it via the site: https://callrecorder.skvalex.com/purchase?hl=en

P.S. If Google won't reinstate the app I'll do my best to keep licenses for people who already purchased the app.

P.P.S. You can install apk from the OP. The app should be able to verify the license.

EDIT:
      News: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73033955&postcount=5864
      Hi Skvalex,

Let us know if you're still around and if you have any news about reinstating the app in the Google Play.

Google won't reinstate the app.
      But I still can publish the app to the Play Store as a new one. So I'm working on it now. It gonna be a free trial app + another app to unlock the full version. I'll create an apk which will unlock the full version for people who have already purchased the app. So they won't have to pay for the app again. Also, I have to remove all root functions from the app which gonna be on the Play Store. So another apk with root functions will be on the xda.
      I hope I release the new version till the end of August. Magisk 13 will also be supported.
      1. Uploaded beta version to the Play Store today: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.skvalex.cr
      2. I've attached the Unlocker for people who purchased the app on the Play Store before.
      3. I will upload Root module for this version tomorrow. Also, Unlocker from the site won't activate this version. I'll upload the new unlocker tomorrow as well.

edit: You can now update purchase status in the client area by entering your transaction ID: https://callrecorder.skvalex.com/clientarea and download Unlocker from there.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone