[Android 4.03+] Jit Call Recorder - Record both sides of the call

Search This thread

johnwigley

Nov 5, 2006
Hi, Any chance you could add a unique feature that to my knowledge none of the other call recorders provide for? What I'd like to see is properly implemented encryption for call recordings using public key encryption NOT just symmetric encryption or protection of the app using a password. The way this would work, would be that the app would create a public key upon install, and then just before the call recording was started, would create a new random symmetric key, encrypt it using the public key and store it alongside the recording (this could be done just scripting openssl or pgp), and then would encrypt the recording as it was written to storage. This is better than using standard PGP or SMIME because it a) wouldn't leave any unprotected temp files, and b) means that if the phone crashes/loses power mid call, then you don't lose the whole recording.

If not, any chance you could have allow a user defined command line run BEFORE call recording which can return the call recording filename to use, and AFTER recording finishes to allow postprocessing such as upload? As this would allow us to implement it ourselves if you don't want to add it as a feature.

Thanks a lot,

Martell

Dec 6, 2005
Perpignan
Your project is the only working solution for my Galaxy S3 i9300 Marshmallow 6.0.1 with AICP 11.0, based on CM13. So, thank you very much. Just obtained the licence.
The time format for the recordings is US (am/pm), I would like to see it in 24 hours format, is it possible to add?

Best regrds

battleangel

Jul 21, 2011
i9100
Nexus 6
Any tips on how to get recording to work properly on the Nexus 6 (on 6.0.1, rooted). With default settings I can only hear myself. Volume for the caller is so low it is barely a whisper.

Last edited:

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Any tips on how to get recording to work properly on the Nexus 6 (on 6.0.1, rooted). With default settings I can only hear myself. Volume for the caller is so low it is barely a whisper.

Make sure root access is granted and reset recording settings from Recording Options screen. If it does not help try different audio encoder - output format combinations. Also, make sure you're ROM supports call recording (in some ROMs call recording is completely disabled regardless of root)

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Your project is the only working solution for my Galaxy S3 i9300 Marshmallow 6.0.1 with AICP 11.0, based on CM13. So, thank you very much. Just obtained the licence.
The time format for the recordings is US (am/pm), I would like to see it in 24 hours format, is it possible to add?

Best regrds

Thanks for your feedback :)
We'll check, What folder structure are you using?

Martell

Dec 6, 2005
Perpignan

Attachments

• 1456171272998.jpg
    1456171272998.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 81

Martell

Dec 6, 2005
Perpignan
Had a long outgoing international call of 73 min. 2 hours after the call (and forever) still "Processing recording file..." Can't send log cause the UI opens blanc white.
Added adb logcat. So, could it be wrong call listner or audio source?
Why it fails with "Error writing data [backup called] to file /storage/emulated/0/JitCallRecorder/BACKUP_SERVICE.log"?
The file BACKUP_SERVICE.log exists with the permissions -rw-rw----, created Feb 18th (when reflashed with ROM), 0 bytes.
UID: 0 root
GID: 9997 everybody
BTW, the recorded file is, however, saved in /storage/emulated/0/JitCallRecorder/Date/Contact/20-29-07_out.wav but isn't shown in the UI. (Beacuse of the write error above, I guess?)

Attachments

• 1456353882199.jpg
    1456353882199.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 71
  • JitCallRecorder.log.txt
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Had a long outgoing international call of 73 min. 2 hours after the call (and forever) still "Processing recording file..." Can't send log cause the UI opens blanc white.
Added adb logcat. So, could it be wrong call listner or audio source?
Why it fails with "Error writing data [backup called] to file /storage/emulated/0/JitCallRecorder/BACKUP_SERVICE.log"?
The file BACKUP_SERVICE.log exists with the permissions -rw-rw----, created Feb 18th (when reflashed with ROM), 0 bytes.
UID: 0 root
GID: 9997 everybody
BTW, the recorded file is, however, saved in /storage/emulated/0/JitCallRecorder/Date/Contact/20-29-07_out.wav but isn't shown in the UI. (Beacuse of the write error above, I guess?)

Hi,
This is because of a big wav file compression... Try setting different Audio Encoder and Output format and see if it helps with long calls

utmuk

Jan 12, 2014
The app interface takes a long time to start. Otherwise everything is OK. What could the reason be?

utmuk

Jan 12, 2014
I just sent the debug data. Before generating it the app showed the start logo for about 1.5 minutes and then opened

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011
I have a Nexus 5 running stock Marshmallow, with Jit setup and running perfectly in the primary user. I have a secondary user setup too, for which calls and messages disabled. I can still answer any calls I receive while using the secondary one however. (I use it essentially to access my second accounts in some apps)

The problem is when I answer any such calls when I'm in the secondary user account, call recordings seem to fail. There will be a notification from Jit in the primary user saying so when I switch back to primary.

Would it be possible to add support for recording in such a setup too? Let me know if you need any kind of logs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jit Call Recorder 2.9.1 (Build 43)

Download from:
    Google Play
    Developers Dropbox
    or download the attached APK directly
    or download the attached APK directly

Jit Call Recorder is a call recording app which brings 2-way call recording capabilities without compromising on ease of use or user experience.

App highlights:
    * Built in 2-way call recording support for many devices (read more details below)
    * Built in System Audio Controls Editor (root required, TinyAlsa based) - If your phone does not record both sides of the call, most likely it is where you can enable it - or ask us to enable it for you using a configuration file
    * Material design
    * Multi-lingual
    * In-call floating movable widget to start/pause/resume recordings, and/or take call notes during calls.
    * Automatic call recording (with options to refine exactly who to record and who not, different options can be set to outgoing calls and incoming ones - options are: All, Contacts Only, Non Contacts Only and Manual - all with a combination of Selected / Ignored contacts lists)
    * Many user interface customization options
    * Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
    * Take call notes during calls - with or without recording the call
    * Recording volume increase options - Try out our Automatic volume increase option, it's cool
    * Pin-code protection
    * Dropbox support (Google Drive and OneDrive will be added soon)
    * Categorize recordings - no limit on categories amount, create as many categories as you need
    * Import / Export recordings
    * Star important recordings
    * Easily find recordings - many filtering options PLUS free-text search
    * Delete or snooze recordings directly from the notification bar
    * Delete old recordings based on any of the following criterias: age, storage size limit or total recordings count
    * Share to any app that supports file/audio sharing
    * And many more options

Successful 2-way call recording has been confirmed by many users of our app on many devices.
    Some devices come with 2-way call recording enabled without requiring root, others require root.
    If your phone is rooted, most chances are that 2-way call recording is already working using Jit Call Recorder, or can be enabled by us (see FAQ section at the end of this post).

Specifically, we can personally confirm (after personally checking) that the following devices can record both sides of the call using Jit Call Recorder:
    * Nexus 4/5 (root required)
    * Moto G2 (root required)
    * HTC One M8 / M9 (Lollipop also supported, no root required)
    * Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5/Note 3/Note 4 - including Mini versions of S4 and S5 (no root required except for some specific models, Bluetooth recording on S4 I9500 - and possibly other models - enabled with root)
    * LG G2/G3

We are extremely motivated on bringing 2-way call recording capabilities to as many devices as we can, and we are highly responsive, so please use us - if 2-way call recording is not yet working on your device, or if you have any other issue, contact us - we'll do our best to resolve it for you.

FAQ / Troubleshooting:
    * I can't hear the other side of the call
    If your phone isn't rooted, there is still a small chance that we can enable it for you. For example, HTC One M8 2-way call recording is disabled since Lollipop but can be enabled without root.
    If your phone is rooted - send us a debug report. We'll study it and do our best to send you a configuration file that will enable 2-way call recording for you.

* Recording is sometimes out of sync with the call
    This is caused sometimes by poorly implemented manufacturer components, if you experience such issues change the phone state synchronization method in Recording Options screen and try again

* Recording volume is not high enough
    From Recording Options screen, go to Output File Options screen and select "None" from the encoders list and Manual / Automatic volume increase.
    If you select Manual volume increase options, gradually increase volume and gain until you gain satisfying volume.
    Alternatively, use the following settings:
    In Recording File Options screen (available in Recording Options screen in app settings), set the followings:
    * Disable High Quality Recording option
    * Select AMR_NB in both Audio Encoder and Output Format options
    * If the above still does not help, Set Audio Source to Voice Call (in Recording Options screen)

* There are many Audio Encoders to select from, which one should I choose?
    We highly recommend not to use Audio Encoders (leave the selection at "None"). Not all encoders are supported on all devices, and selecing a non supported encoded can cause many errors.
    We implement our own AAC/WAV encoding when "None" is selected, and we highly recommend using it

* Which Audio Source should I choose?
    Stick with "Device Default". if you select "Microphone", most chances are that you won't hear the other side. If you select "Voice Call", it is not unlikely that recordings will fail because of poor implementation by the manufacturer.

* Will you support other cloud-backup services besides Dropbox?
    Yes, support for Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive is planned for soon to come versions

* I purchase the license app but app still appear as not-licensed
    Follow the steps in this reply to this thread

The app is fully functional without a license with the following exceptions:
    * Display limit of 30 recordings - this is only a display limit, you can still record as many calls as you want
    * Recordings deletion is disabled
    * Recordings are not logically organized in recording folder (once license is applied, all recordings will be organized based on your selection in the Backup and Storage screen)

The license price is as competitive as can be - only ~1$ (depending on current Dollar rates).
    If you have Jit Call Notes license - no need for additional license - both app supports both licenses.
    Install license from here.

Change log:
    Version 2.9.1 (Build 43)
    • Fix for "Unsaved" display-name issue on Marshmallow
    Previous Versions:
    Version 2.9 (Build 42)
    • Fix for crash on devices with Marshmallow
    • HTC E8 supprt
    • Fix for crash when application starts on old ICS
    • Minor fixes and improvements
    Version 2.8 (Build 41)
    • Improved performance
    • Improved Polish translation
    Version 2.8 (Build 40)
    • Fixed Htc One M9 distortion issue
    • Added support for more Htc One M8 variants
    • Improved performance
    • Improved Russian translation
    Version 2.7 (Build 36)
    • Stability improvements
    Version 2.6 (Build 35)
    • HTC One M9 support
    • Fixes and improvements
    Version 2.6 (Build 34) - beta
    • Fixed conflict in HTC One M7/8/9 with Shazam / SoundHound when call recording set to manual
    Version 2.6 (Build 33) - beta
    • Added support for HTC One M9
    Version 2.6 (Build 32)
    • Fix for missing Russian translation in Lollipop
    • Fix for dialing USSD codes causes app notification to stay until next call
    Version 2.6 (Build 31)
    • All changes from Build 30
    • Fix for volume increase
    • Support for Samsung SGH-M919
    • Fixes
    Version 2.6 (Build 30) - beta
    • Fix HTC One M8 issue with camera voice recording after call recording
    • Option to filter by groups when setting recording list and ignore list
    • Bug fixes
    Version 2.6 (Build 29)
    • ALSA reorganized
    • Option to increase volume up to 1000% (was 200% before)
    • Automatically change recording settings if recording quality is not good enough according to the user
    • Added Nexus 4 Bluetooth recording support
    • Improved Nexus 5 Bluetooth recording
    • Recordings naming improved
    • Bug fixes
    Version 2.4 (Build 26)
    • Fixes for issues caused by conflicts with some Xposed modes
    Version 2.4 (Build 25)
    • Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
    • Htc One M7 (without root) improvements - Use one of the Volume Increase options in Recording File Options screen
    • Fixes and improvements
    Beta version 2.4 (Build 24)
    • HTC One M8 incoming call issue fix (Thanks to snebojsa for his help)
    • HTC One M7 2-way call recording (No root required) - feedback would help a lot
    • HTC Noise Suppression support
    Enjoy :)
    Hi all,
    Version 2.6 (Build 28) - release candidate is now available (from XDA only, attached to this discussion main thread).
    This version brings the following changes:
    * ALSA reorganized
    * Option to increase volume up to 1000% (was 200% before)
    * Automatically change recording settings if recording quality is not good enough according to the user
    * Added Nexus 4 Bluetooth recording support
    * Improved Nexus 5 Bluetooth recording
    * Recordings naming improved
    * Bug fixes

Feedback, comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated along with reports on any issue or bug.
    Thanks!
    Hi all,
    Version 2.8 (Build 41) is available for install.
    Version includes:
    • Improved performance
    • Improved Polish translation
    Feedback and comments will be highly appreciated!
    Enjoy :)
    Beta version 2.4 (Build 24) APK is available for download (in main post attachments).

Version includes:
    * HTC One M8 incoming call issue fix (Thanks to snebojsa for his help)
    * HTC One M7 2-way call recording (No root required)
    * HTC Noise Suppression support

Feedback on this beta - especially from users with HTC One M7 without root - would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi, Great app, works well on N4 - N5X Rom 5.1
    Purchased the license but the full version wont activate, still cant delete recordings and get message saying so, then directed to Play Store to buy, again!
    Have tried re-installing both but no change, any ideas, suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    First - thanks for your feedback!
    We experienced some issues related to License validation by Google.
    Please do the following steps:
    * Check if there is an update available for Google Play Services app (Not the store app) and apply if such is available
    * If this does not fix the issue, from System Application Manager check that Google Play Services is not turned of (if it is - turn it on), and delete its cache / saved files
    * If this does not fix the issue, clear Google Play (store app) cache and data and re-accept the license
    * If all the above did not help please send us a Debug Report (from Troubleshooting screen in the application) and we'll help you resolve the issue.

Keep us updated, thanks!